Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 12:20AM

The church is a theocracy. It teaches, or at least taught at one time, that it would one day rule the world. To rule the world a church must buy up land, businesses, and services. Seems LDS, Inc. is staying true to its stated mission. It presents itself as God's representative on earth.

What a hoot if God actually showed his face and handed everything that LDS, Inc. owns over to the Salvation Army !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 01:09AM

I knew they were spread far and wide, but $till, wow!

This is very consistent with LDS as a type of prosperity gospel, which tend to associate (or make equivalent) spirituality with temporal wealth. So the LDS church simultaneously (and perversely) cloths itself in both spiritual and financial virtue.

Put another way, people think (unconsciously, I suppose), "The church is so successful, they must be right."

Thanks for the link, auntsukey--I'm bookmarking it.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 01:10AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1uIgbI2QY

THE (MORmON) Church is true .......to its MOReMONey Grubbing PRofit motive. Always has been, ever since Joseph SMith incorporated it with the state of NY on Ap 6 1830, and it always will be.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 01:13AM

The members are actually proud of the hoarded wealth. They are greatest dupes.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 02:10AM

Once a money digger, always a money digger.

Posted by: JulieG ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 02:54AM

How does a "church" get away with this?

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 01:00PM

By not having the IRS and the government tax churches!!

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 01:01PM

If the sheeple we're aware of all this, wouldn't their tithes, fast offerings etc.. drop like a rock!??

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 01:28PM

JulieG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How does a "church" get away with this?

In the name of Jesus. A big message of the book of MORmON is that anything can be justified IF it is posed as something that Jesus demanded/needed done. Joseph Smith wrote that gem into his BOM early on, Nephi kills Laban.

LDS inc does a "Bernie Madoff" about every year, and they get away with it year after years after year because they do it in the name of Jesus.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 08:09AM

Of course not. God reward$ the righteous.

Funny how God needs YOUR money when he could just tap into church tax-free assets. ;-) Maybe His revelations nowadays mostly involve stock and investing tips.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 06:02PM

Exactly Dagny... money is one of the main reasons that churches

are formed.. The only god they all worship is the god of Money.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 08:43AM

It makes one wonder at what point the Mormon church will say, "Thanks, but we already have enough. We don't need any further tithing. Use the money to care for your families."

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 08:57AM

www.ldsdaily.com is not an official LDS site.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 09:03AM

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/770568/Tending-the-flock.html

This is an old article. (2000)
Would they be this forthcoming today?

"The church owns thousands of acres of farm and ranch land throughout the West, including the Deseret Land and Livestock Co., a private big-game hunting preserve scattered over 200,000 acres in northern Utah. Hunters from around the country vie for a limited number of elk and moose permits there that cost as much as $8,500 each."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 09:04AM by auntsukey.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 09:12AM

If I remember correctly, not a single for profit church owned enterprise is used to help the poor. These are simply used to continue growth and income for those on the inside of the corporation.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 10:13AM

I know they own land in Utah near the Idaho border that is not listed.

All that wealth and they can't hire janitors.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 12:25PM

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 10:19AM

They can hire janitors, they don't want to hire janitors.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 11:31AM

That will be Jesus’s job at the Second Coming.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 10:36AM

The "Church" is absolutely embarrassed by their wealth, why do you think they go through such pain to hide it.

It is the strong believers who are not embarrassed by it. They feel some sort of power transference. I'm embarrassed for them, not because their church is rich, but because they are so proud of their church being rich.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 10:50AM

The article states that TSCC has said that the businesses help the church to "accomplsh it's mission". And what "mission" would that be? To be the wealthiest organization in the world? To take over the world? JS had himself crowned king, and IMO, their mission is to rule.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 11:25AM

Ble$$ing$

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 01:28PM

Which is also the context for their happy talk "we give $40 million a year for humanitarian work!"

I don't doubt they do. But the context is this vast financial empire empire: billions. Out of which $40 million is a drop in the bucket.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 02:13PM

I beg to differ that the church hides their finances because they are embarrassed.....I believe they are in hiding about it for other reasons. Number one is that their tax except status might be changed, number two is members and others might realize how little they give to help and say something, and number three is they are the BIG ELITE LEADERS and it is their business and no one else's (so they think).

Plus, there is, as has been mentioned, the belief that if you are righteous, if you do do what is required, you will be blessed mightily materially. I was told by someone that when they were out on a mission their family was struggling big-time and the father was beside himself trying to understand and put the pieces together, because after all, he was supporting his missionary daughter out in the field.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: July 13, 2018 10:30AM

Might I add a #4. LDS Inc is also in hiding because TBMs may begin to wonder why they are being asked to clean toilets and give tithes to the already huge, multi billion dollar empire..

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 01:15PM

They may have billions and billions and billions.

But they're so humble.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 05:41PM

There aren't many billionaires embarrassed about their wealth.

Posted by: readwrite-NLI ( )
Date: July 15, 2018 12:37AM

It wants to think it's big, and pompous, and relevant, even helpful... (at doing nothing). It deludes even itself.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.