Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: July 16, 2018 07:07PM

Ok this is what Mormons always say that offends me, why are you so hateful. I know that the book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet! We accept everyone! And we don't hate gays or black people! Joseph Smith didn't marry many wives!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 16, 2018 07:10PM

The book of Mormon is not racist! We are the truth! You hate Mormons don't you! We have always been hated and persecuted! I don't know, yep and more stuff they say but it is like talking to a record player! You see the Mormon true colors!

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: July 16, 2018 07:21PM

Tell them to stop telling you how you supposedly feel. What they are probably doing is projecting their own feelings onto you, because they can't admit their own feelings.

But it won't do any good to say that to them. Since this probably won't be the last time this happens, figure out what you can say back to them that will 1) call them on their BS, and 2) set a boundary against further intrusions. Also figure out if you need to stop talking to them about religion altogether, so they won't have the opportunity to testify.

So:
1) Tell them to stop assuming YOUR feelings. That's trying to get into YOUR head. You could counter by telling them how you actually feel. Or you don't have to talk about your feelings. It's not necessarily their business how you feel.

At the crux of this, they are accusing you of being a hateful person because you have a problem with their church's lies. So they want to make this about your motives, instead of talking about the lies.

2) I got tired of people bearing testimony to me. So I starting interrupting them, and very sincerely saying: "Of course you know it's true, but I know it's not. So what am I going to trust more, my own feelings, experience, and knowledge, or someone else's?" That shuts them down.

Or you could just say the following: Testimonies are a dime a dozen. There are thousands of people who will bear testimony of many different religions, with tears in their eyes. This doesn't mean their religion is true, any more than it is evidence that Mormonism is true. All it means is that they are sincere.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 16, 2018 07:34PM

“You’re just ANTI !!!”

Date: July 16, 2018 07:39PM

Haha yep but I am not in and regretting it! They here lies everyday and how dare anyone say anything about their so called church!

Date: July 16, 2018 07:39PM

Or say so are you going to have polygamy on your planet?

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: July 16, 2018 09:43PM

I've never been told I was hateful.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 03:29PM

dogblogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never been told I was hateful.

Me either. What in the world?

Posted by: LadyKorihor ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 01:59AM

"Gays are welcome in the Church. They just can't live the homosexual lifestyle"

"You're so militant"
like you're the ones with missionaries and brainwashing all your children but okay

"You're so hateful"

Judges me for being Polyamorous yet they revere a Polygamous person who is also a pedophile at that

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 19, 2018 02:13PM

Polyamory is WRONG!

Either multiamory or polyphilia, but mixing Greek and Latin roots
is WRONG!

Date: July 17, 2018 09:02AM

Yep and Mormons are like corbras ready to attack you

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 09:06AM

"People married younger during pioneer days..."(reference to Joseph Smith marrying young teens. I've heard Mormons try to excuse that by making that claim.)

"There is no sexism in the church..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2018 09:06AM by doyle18.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 05:36PM

"the church is true, the people arent"
"America is turning as wicked as sodom and gomorah"
"the bretheren will never lead you astray"
"keep your eye on the bretheren"
AS noah came before the flood so Joe came before the fire

Posted by: Enough ( )
Date: July 19, 2018 12:41PM

Crazy horse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok this is what Mormons always say that offends
> me, why are you so hateful. I know that the book
> of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a
> prophet! We accept everyone! And we don't hate
> gays or black people! Joseph Smith didn't marry
> many wives!

Who says what?
Who cares?

It's all rhetoric.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 19, 2018 02:54PM

Typically, Mormons are very good at turning your concerns into hate. They have been so well imprinted with automatic thinking scripts that they can't think of anything else. It's their defense mechanism to resist Satan, Lucifer - the destroyer of perfectly good testimonies.

You don't love the church - you are filled with hate.
You question the church - you are filled with hate.
And on and on and on it goes.

They are so concerned about Satan, Lucifer, that wily character, catching them at a weak point and succumbing to his whims, they have to "gird their loins" by accusing others of hate. You claim you have no hate, they claim you do. It's a circle. That so-called testimony they claim is so strong, apparently has some deep holes someplace or very flimsy, or they wouldn't have to be so defensive.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.