Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gayle ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 10:01PM

her Mormon upbringing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 08:15AM

No. She intentionally keeps a very low profile, according to her wiki biography. It has this to say of her Mormon upbringing:

Adams was raised a Mormon in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints until her parents divorced in 1985 and left the church.[4][8] She did not have strong religious beliefs, but has said that she valued her upbringing for teaching her love and compassion.[3] After the breakup, Richard moved to Arizona and remarried, while the children remained with their mother.[2][6] Kathryn subsequently became a semi-professional bodybuilder and took the children with her to the gym when she trained.[4][6] Adams has compared her uninhibited early years with her siblings to Lord of the Flies.[3] Describing herself as a "scrappy, tough kid", she has said she fought frequently with other children.[9]"

She was 11 when her parents divorced and left the church as a family. That ended that chapter of their lives.

Posted by: AmyAdamsFan ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 10:42AM

From an interview after the Master film in an English newspaper:

--
I grew up a Mormon and that had more of an impact on my values than my beliefs.

I'm very afraid that I will feel the weight of a lie.

I'm very hard on myself anyway. Religious guilt carries over too. You can't really misbehave without feeling badly about it - at least I can't.

Even when I got out with friends, and we go overboard at bars or clubs, I wake up the next morning feeling a bit conflicted about having had too much fun...
Religion can be a positive thing in people's lives. It provides a support system if you embrace it, despite all the controlling and guilting aspects of religion I grew to resent.

Posted by: Adam's Bridge ( )
Date: August 21, 2020 05:53AM

I keep seeing it is Amy Adams' birthday today. I found this in the archives. I had no idea she was so old.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: August 10, 2018 05:06PM

current role (sharp objects) is about as far from Molly Mo as one can get.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.