Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 06:12PM

Ok I have never done this before, do I tell them the very first thing or wait, but I am done and don't know how to start it off, they will go in their missionary nonsense lesson, I just want it to be quick haha

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 06:22PM

Sorry, I won't be inviting you in today because I've lost interest in discussing your church with you. Please respect my privacy. Goodbye. Close the door.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 06:23PM

I would tell them up front. Do it as soon as they walk in or even tell them at the door. If you dont want confrontation, email them, tell them how you feel and cancel the appointment. You dont have to do this in person if you dont want to. You do not owe them. If you choose email, they will try to contact you. Dont let them.Block their email, dont answer the phone,caller ID is great, return mail and meet them at the door and say that you are not interested and that they shouldnt come back.

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 06:28PM

Thank you I will" I won't call them because they never ever answer their phone and better to do it in person. I will be ready for we love you or what concerns do you have? Or have you prayed about the book of Mormon?

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 06:34PM

I would meet them at the door, say your piece right off and then say good bye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 06:35PM by bona dea.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 06:57PM

I would talk *through* the door. Send them away.

You don't owe them an explanation. Maybe tape a note to the door if you are afraid of confrontation. You don't even need to be home to do that. Take yourself out for a treat or to go shopping.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.