Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mankosuki ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 07:52PM

American Monster series on the ID channel will feature the Lafferty brothers Sunday night at 7pm mountain daylight time.
Wonder how the church blood oaths will be presented?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 10:38PM

for Brenda Wright Lafferty and Erica's grave. There's a temple carved on the headstone, of course.

Anyway, I watched the video and thought it was kind of Brenda's friend to remember her.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 14, 2018 07:58PM

"SL temple visible on head stone" .......like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0wFt1r3zYg&t=367s

the video was made and posted as a 25th year commemorative, some body needs to say something about Brenda ......because her husband is NOT going to be bothered with saying anything about her because there are more important things to talk about than Brenda .......like promoting temple attendance and telling others all about how great that the blessings of the MORmON temple are ..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0wFt1r3Ygz

Allen Lafferty wants to tell everyone all about how great the blessings of the MORmON temple really are !!!!! ....for families!!!!!! .....ALL about it EXCEPT for the Dreadfully UNPLEASANT stuff that he is NOT supposed to mention ......like the (STUPID) secret temple handshakes, the throat slashing temple (death) penalties .....and how that unmentionable stuff really played out to "bless" (kill) Allen's first wife. Its one Hell of blessing that Allen is NOT saying anything about while telling others all about how wonderful the MORmON temple is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsZLZmCtwT4

Just in case the Holy MORmON temple (death) penalties were not harsh enough, Brenda's face was beaten so badly that her father did not recognize her at first when he saw her post mortem, because Ron and Dan Lafferty live their MORmON religion to the fullest extent possible.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/484033/SENTENCE-LETS-FAMILY-FINALLY-LET-GO-OF-RAGE.html

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 07:08AM

Watched one about the Lebaron brothers recently on that channel. Will be watching tonight.

Date: August 12, 2018 10:14PM

Finished watching the Lafferty brothers on American Monster.

The one brother Alan is on Death Row. The other in for life.

They are monsters all right. It was heartbreaking the carnage they inflicted on their own family in the name of God.

Couple of sick bastards are exactly where they belong.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 14, 2018 07:39PM

Alan was Brenda's husband and wasnt charged. Ron and Dan did the murders.One got life and the other is on death row. I dont remember which is which.

Date: August 13, 2018 10:49AM

The Lafferty brothers were the personification of pure evil.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 14, 2018 08:01PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Lafferty brothers were the personification of
> pure evil.
......as they were trying to emulate the life of MORmON founder and prophet Joseph Smith as closely as possible......

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 13, 2018 11:10AM

There was one shot of the top half of a black silhouetted temple. It appeared to be crouching. Impactful. So ominous that it took me aback. Wish I had a copy of it.

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: August 14, 2018 06:39PM

I don't have cable but I think this might be the episode, on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWOmAHbaCcA&hl=en-GB&gl=IE&client=mv-google&app=desktop

Date: August 14, 2018 06:42PM

Oh, I'm glad you were able to find it. I wasn't able to when looking for it online.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: August 14, 2018 08:19PM

Our family was friends with the Lafferty family in Chicago many years ago. My mom was good friends with the brothers mom. I think the Lafferty kids may have played with my older siblings, before I was born.

I grew up sleeping in a small "youth" bed that the Lafferty's gave us. I think my older brother used it before I was born too. Both my kids used the Lafferty bed too. Then we gave it to someone else in our family when started having kids. I'm sure the brothers slept in it.

Date: August 14, 2018 08:29PM

Knowing that about the bed would give me the creeps.

It would make better firewood.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 01:39PM

Is Ron still scheduled for the firing squad? I hope so.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.