Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 01:19PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: captainklutz nli ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 01:24PM

Love it! +10000

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 02:42PM

I laughed so hard at, "I feel sorry for you, not having a reason to live." Actually I'm still laughing. That was good.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 02:47PM

Oh, I needed that laugh today! I wish I could hang this on my wall!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2018 02:51PM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 03:13PM

That's funny OPie because ~

in b 4 ~ ¿ where do you get your morals OPie ? ~

in b 4 ~ you will grow out of your rebellion phase Opie ~

in b 4 ~ ¿ so you want to outlaw all religion OPie ? ~

in b 4 ~ you are what is wrong with society today OPie ~

in b 4 ~ 95% of the whirled believes in God ~ ¿ does that not say something OPie ? ~

in b 4 ~ it takes just as much faith to be an atheist as it does to be a bee leafer OPie ~

in b 4 ~ how arrogant OPie ~

in b 4 ~ you can not prove there is no God OPie ~

in b 4 ~ atheism is a religion too OPie ~

in b 4 ~ the evidence of God is all around you OPie ~

in b 4 ~ God loves you anyway OPie ~

in b 4 ~ ¿ what is stopping you from going on a crimee spreee right now OPie ? ~

in b 4 ~ ¿ who the f*ck is Pascal OPie ? ~

in b 4 ~ ¿ are you not afraid of Hell® OPie ? ~

in b 4 ~ ziller feels sorry for you, not having a reason to live OPie ~

in b 4 ~ there are no atheists in foxholes OPie ~

in b 4 ~ butt you haff to bee leaf in something OPie ~

in b 4 ~ Hitler™ / Stalin™ / Pole Pott™ was an atheists too, you know OPie ~

in b 4 ~ ¿ what are you going to tell your chillren OPie ? ~

in b 4 ~ ziller will pray for you OPie ~

in b 4 ~ you are doing the devil's work OPie ~

in b 4 ~ if you read the [Holy Bible] you will change your mind OPie ~

in b 4 ~ you are so close minded OPie ~

in b 4 ~ stop being intolerant of ziller's bee leafs OPie ~

in b 4 ~ God does not bee leaf in atheists either OPie ~

BINGO
INGOB
NGOBI
GOBIN
OBING

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 04:25PM

They left out, "You may have given up on god, but he has not given up on you!"

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 07:46PM

1. Where do you get your morals? - Answer: From my very secular appreciation of the Golden Rule, do unto others as…, and be the change you want, and what goes around comes around, and a sense of compassion for the feelings and sufferings of others. Doesn't require faith based world view to understand. Religion has no monopoly on morals.

2. You'll grow out of your rebellious phase. - Response: I didn’t know I was in a rebellious phase. Perhaps I’m in a “lets get real” phase.

3. So you want to outlaw all religion? - Response: No I don’t, so long as religious people afford me the freedom to think, believe and express my skepticism of religion without consequence I will allow them the same freedom.

4. You are what‘s wrong with society today. – Response: I think not. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-secular-life/201410/secular-societies-fare-better-religious-societies

5. 95% of the world believes in God, does that not say something? -Response:consensus has been shown to not be a reliable indicator of truth. Belief in god has been deeply planted into human culture and psychology through many thousands of years of evolutionary indoctrination. Doesn't mean it is correct.

6. It takes just as much faith to be an atheist as it does to be a believer! – Response: I’m not sure what is meant by this and therefore don’t know how to respond.

7. How arrogant. – Again, doesn’t really make sense and don’t know how to respond.

8. You can't prove there is no God! - Response: Neither can you prove there is.

9. Atheism is a religion too! - Response: Atheism is a lack of belief in god or at least represents a neutral position. I don’t see atheism as a religion but perhaps by some definitions it may be considered such. What's your point?

10. The evidence of God is all around you! - Response: Where? What do you consider evidence?

11. God loves you anyway. – Response: Great! If God exists I hope he loves agnostics and atheists also.

12. What's stopping you from going on a crime spree right now? - Response: You mean like Joseph Smith and Brigham did? They, especially Brigham, had numerous people put to death. Joseph slept with other men’s wives and then lied about it. I don't go on a crime spree because it is morally wrong and I am not a criminal. Also, refer to #1

13. What is Pascal’s wager?
Pascal’s wager is the argument that it is in one's own best interest to behave as if God exists, since the possibility of eternal punishment in hell outweighs any advantage of believing otherwise. –Response: I try to live as though God exists with the exception of paying tithing and church attendance. I don’t live my life based on fear of the unknown or out of fear of punishment. If I do the right thing I do it because it is the right thing to do regardless of God punishment.

14. Are you not afraid of Hell? -Response: Not at all. Refer to # 13.

15. I feel sorry for you, not having a reason to live. – Response: I do have reason to live; I have family and friends that I love and enjoy. I also enjoy a dogma free existence which allows me to see more clearly those truths that shape our world as it really exist.

16. There are no atheists in foxholes. - Response: Maybe, I suppose everyone needs comfort when faced with their own mortality.

17. But you HAVE to believe in something! – Response: Yes, I do! I believe that life is a gift and we can make it either good or bad. We have the power to help decide which it will be.

18. Hitler, Stalin and Pole Pot were atheists too, you know. – Response: So were those who carried out the Mountain Meadows Massacre, the Inquisition and Islamic Jahadists.

19. What are you going to tell your children? - Response: Decide for yourself and always keep your mind open to new and better evidence. Truth isn’t determined by belief.

20. I'll pray for you. – Response: You are welcome to. Thank you for your kind consideration.

21. You are doing the devil's work! - Response: You are entitled to your opinion.

22. If you read [religious text], you'd change your mind. – Response: Perhaps if you read something other than religious text you would change your mind.

23. You are so close-minded. – Response: I have studied most of the creationist’s arguments. Have you studied the arguments that refute the religious world view?

24. Stop being intolerant of my beliefs! – Response: I am not intolerant of your beliefs. I am just expressing my own beliefs that differ from yours.

25. God doesn't believe in atheists either. – Response: Rhetorical and non-substantive comment. How would you know?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 08:44PM

It’s hard not to be an Atheist when religion kills God.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.