Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jay ( )
Date: August 14, 2018 11:32PM

They are America’s choir—-

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 12:02AM

I see Nothing but NOs on that;

they're already 'semi-pro', AGT is about developing new/fresh talent.

then, what happens when groups from other churches want 'equal treatment'?

Ain't/Gonna/Try (AGT!!)

Date: August 15, 2018 12:27AM

By the way, who started calling them America’s Choir?

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 01:38AM

I have a vague recollection that the name originated from all people, Paul Harvey when he was on the radio, back in the previous century. I have no support to say that, and if I cared that much, I'd google it to see if I remember correctly.

Date: August 15, 2018 01:42AM

Could be.

Of course, he was paid to say half the things in his show . . .

Now you know . . .

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 02:06AM

No question about him being paid..my one memory of Paul Harvey was around Christmas of 1967 and I was going to BYU but had been home for a few days in Sandy, UT.

Don't remember the details but PH was in Provo speaking and it was open to students...in fact, they wanted to fill up the stadium(whatever is was called before they built the Big Mac).

My friend borrowed his older sisters 1954 Chevy BelAir and picked me up and I've forgotten the details or where we were going. It was snowing and had done all day and we were in Murray, not sure why we didn't end up in Provo. He hit a slick patch and we rolled off the side of the road and went far enough that we rolled back on the wheels but of course the top was caved in.

Neither of us was hurt, other than just some bruises etc and my one memory of that was his sister, about 3 years old than us, blamed me for getting in the wreck. She never liked me and I don't remember if there was a reason or not.

Her logic was convoluted since I wasn't driving and even her dad said "Oh shut up. It wasn't his fault anymore that it was your brothers." The car was totalled. Needless to say, we missed Paul's speech although he was back in the spring, in an outdoor speech, somewhere on campus. He was in Utah a lot.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.