Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 12:20PM

100% evil to the core.

With some redemptive qualities of only some of its members.

I was getting some PTSD flashbacks this morning of some of the last ward members and a former branch president I had the misfortune of crossing paths with.

They were my introduction to hellions from the realms of darkness. And what essentially helped pave the way out for my leaving TSCC when I did, two times. The last being the most final and resolute when I resigned my membership once and for all after learning with heart and soul (not just the reasoning part of the brain,) it is a crock.

TSCC has caused so much damage to my family, that I am pretty blinded by any thing good about it at the moment. (I will need time for the PTSD flashback to cool down.)

Amen and Amen. I'm reminded of a scripture I read years ago while going through the valley with an asshat of a branch president who was dragging my good name through the mud right along with him, while reading from a bible one day in a Wall Street church during my lunchbreak. That scripture has stayed with me to this day: (I randomly opened the book to this page and verse:)

"12 For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:

13 But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance.

14 We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company....

21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.

22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

It was what I needed to read at the right time to help me through what I was dealing with at church.

Later the branch president suffered the same fate he had decreed upon me. He lost his six figure job and was forced to move from NYC to Utah, and had to sell his house or face foreclosure.

He later said that someone had "poisoned the well" for him at his work. Like he did me at church. (What goes around comes around kind of thing.)

He was cruel. Do personalities change? Not likely. He's probably as cruel a person today as he was back then, and who knows who else he has caused to stumble on their spiritual journey?

Not a nice person. Nor even a good person. It's people like him that are the face of TSCC. Which is why it's going down in these "latter days." Pure religion was never meant to be so defiled.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badam2 ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 05:29PM

Still healing from that operation so I know what you are saying. The thing that always got me were the hellion leaders always seemed unphased by the operation that they were in.

Date: August 15, 2018 06:09PM

That same branch president once said to me, "If you don't want me to say anything bad about you, I won't say anything good either."

Was in reference to his bad mouthing me (and others,) behind our backs; airing our confidences, and exploiting our trust. In response to my telling him to not discuss my personal business with other church congregants. (He violated every clergy-congregant confidentiality rule in the book.)

I needed to have that wool pulled from my eyes. If not for my family's experience at that branch I might not have had a reckoning with TSCC. It was a real eye-opener.

The genuine friends I had at the time from church told me flat out they would have left long before I did. Why did I stay as long as I did? That thing called testimony - which was really just brainwashing and indoctrination to the nth degree.

They didn't steal my faith or my joy. That stayed with me and even increased after our leaving. My family means more to me than a dumb cult any day. Leaving was the best and sanest thing we could do for all our sake.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 10:07PM

The TSCC is like the Jerry Springer Show for me. No matter what hardship I have or mistake I make, I can just look at it and know I am so much better off now.

When I was TBM, I was a figurative guest on the Jerry Springer Show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2018 10:11PM by chipace.

Date: August 15, 2018 10:41PM

You pinned that tail on the donkey!

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 11:06PM

That's definitely true, especially as my TBM former MIL definitely looked like the typical Jerry Springer guest.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 11:11PM

I don't see the TSCC as "evil" to the core, but rather as corrupt to the core. I see pure evil as brutal physical and mental torture (Holocaust, Charles Manson, Jeffery Dhamler).
I see the TSCC as an organization where moral swindlers rise thru the ranks to have power over others. I think that is the foundation that Ol' Joe and Beddem Young laid. Whoever can get people to give their time, money and clean public toilets gets promoted.
I felt that my father enjoyed some of that power over others.
I see the TSCC as a sad reflection of what is weak and false in our society... and making a profit out of it too. Just like the advertisers for the Jerry Springer Show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2018 11:14PM by chipace.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.