Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 10:19PM

I usually use Google and search RFM to access this website. This site is usually on the first page, maybe 4 or 5 down. Today, this website is on the 3rd page.

Anyone know why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 10:21PM

Yes, I do.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 11:12PM

There must be something really newsworthy going on.

Date: September 05, 2018 11:14PM

I'm on the line with a senior member of the Trump Executive office management team. He wants me to help him...

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 11:21PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm on the line with a senior member of the Trump
> Executive office management team. He wants me to
> help him...

Happy Trails!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 11:42PM

Undoubtedly the chief executive needs a Lamanite rep. Big bro-hugs, Dawg!

Date: September 05, 2018 11:44PM

When do Wanker and the Wankettes hit the road this year? Any tickets left for the show in Lima Bean, Indiana?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 10:23PM

I asked a simular question recently.

The profit asked that members use social media and search engines to post positive things about the church.

I wonder if this mass use by mormons influences the algorithms used by google etc.

I have seen businesses with computer terminals in their offices and if you post a 5 star review they'll give you a discount in their store.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 10:37PM

ziller can confirm thas thread ~

ziller am 3rd page ~

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 11:00PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 11:07PM

It's now on the 8th page if you search for "Mormon." I've occasionally seen it buried before, but it is very odd. OTOH, Exmormon.org is number #5 on Bing's first page, which is about where it should be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2018 05:33AM by summer.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 11:09PM

Its the very first one after Wikipedia.
RFM, bottom of 2nd page.
You can't remember exmormon.org ?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 11:11PM

I just googled rfm mormon and it was top of my page!

Posted by: Evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 11:38PM

Rfm had always worked for me and I knew it would always be first page several down, except for today.....

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: September 05, 2018 11:47PM

It probably depends on how many saints are prompted by the spirit to do pro LDS (insert full church name here) searches.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 02:20AM

I googled "Mormon recovery group" and this website came up as #1 choice.

Date: September 06, 2018 02:53AM

I Googled "where the antelope play" and RfM came up just shy of my antlers.

Not bad!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 08:59AM

But where were the deer?
Inquiring minds want to know...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 12:39PM

Sadly, the National Enquirer bought that story for $130,000 and put it in a safe.

Unless the deer challenge the NDA, you'll never know.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 09:10AM

Wow. So weird that it went from the first page (a few entries down) to the bottom of page two.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 12:29PM

We were on the first page of Google searches for many years. It was often talked about in Mormon circles as folks would let me know how much Mormon leaders were furious over our being so prominent in search engines. One Mormon apologist wrote an article that stated that Recovery from Mormonism is everywhere. Now there is a proliferation of pro and anti sites 23+ years later. The 'more good foundation' has encouraged TBMs to flood the net with pro-Mormon stuff. So we drop off a bit at times on the search results.

I have been doing this for many years and do not regularly update the site (archives) any more other than helping admin the board. I retired 2.5 years ago from engineering and concentrate on music. I play bass clarinet in a university orchestra as an invited community member, a university saxophone ensemble with faculty and students, community concert band, have my own jazz group and regularly fill in with other bands when they have a need such as last Saturday. These things would never of happened if I had stayed in Mormonism. Between now and the end of November I have 16 gigs and/or concerts. My calendar is full. I am having a great time. I can't do justice to both this site and my music. I figure I have put in my time with the site and centering my time on music, both classical and jazz.

We will continue the board as the volunteer admins do a great job and so many people are helped here. I value these admins as friends as well. I have been fortunate to get to know them. We should be here for years to come. A refresh of the first page is in the works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2018 12:30PM by Eric K.

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 03:21PM

Awesome Erik. I love that you are following your bliss! Thank you for all you have done and continue to dol

Posted by: readwrite-now ( )
Date: September 07, 2018 02:20AM

Because, you needed to come and ask that question.

That gives you all the information you need to join mormonism.

Boy scout or not!

Wanna' give it a shot?

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 05:31AM

Why would anyone waste time using a search engine to find RFM, after coming here, even once? After you have been to this site the first time, the following times just type "exm" (the first few letters of exmormon.org) in to your address bar. Before you even get that much typed-in, the full address will pop in. Just click or tap on it and it'll take you here. It's pretty quick and efficient and no search engine is needed. If you erase your internet history, just type in "exmormon.org" to your address bar and tap or click on the enter or go button. Every time after that, just type "exm" in to the address bar and then click or tap on the full web address when it pops-in there. I use google for almost everything. But you don't need to do even that to return to a familiar website on a PC or phone that has been here before.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 05:41AM by azsteve.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.