Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kizzie ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 11:54AM

Trawling through Facebook and came across my old wards page,they also have Ward Council Page,being a nosey person I took a look at it,WOW,they had posted attachments from Ward meetings,one was names,addresses and how folks were doing in their journey to joining the Church,I was gobsmacked,detail as to how many lessons they have had,how many visits,what they had read,how many times they have attended Church,who is responsible for them.
Also Sacrament Attendance sheets for every person in the ward,boy had they messed up,wondered what to do,thought about outing them but then maybe the folk they had as investigators details would be out there too.
So mentioned it too my TBM Friend on Thursday,don't know if she has done anything about it yet,going to check to see if the details are still there,so called Church of record keepers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 12:22PM

This is a bizarre violation of privacy. However I learned long ago that if you tell something to one person in the Ward, no matter their calling, you should assume that you've told everyone in the Ward.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 02:08PM

It is pretty disgraceful you found all that. Their gossip sessions should only be held at church. Those poor people with their information all over.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 08:50PM

You should have contacted their investigators and told them from experience, just how messed-up the church is. You could have started by showing them how the church put their private information out on the internet and told them that if they've confided in the Bishop yet, everyone in the ward already knows now what they told him. Make them so creeped-out they run away from the church and don't look back. Then a month or so later (after those investigators are long gone), tell the people in the ward what you did. Tell them that the information was freely available to the public on the internet, so you had every right to do what you did.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: September 09, 2018 05:39AM

Oops, I misread the thread title first time round, but it got me thinking: if women had the "priesthood", we might even see a thread on "Bishop's boobs on Facebook" ;-)

Whatcha think, Boner?

Tom in Paris

Posted by: kizzie ( )
Date: September 11, 2018 01:37PM

I checked the page today and the details have gone,oops azsteve I am slow in thinking that way,could have caused something really difficult for the Church,always too late as usual.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.