Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mussieizaz ( )
Date: September 10, 2018 12:06PM

[Admin Note: This was posted from Toronto and the author, Embaye Melekin, happens to be from Toronto. I'd say there is a good chance that this is self-promotion. I'll leave it up for evidentiary sake, but don't bother wasting time on it.]

An Eritrean-CanadiaN has written two books that have rattled the Mormon Church and are threatening to sue him. The Author, Embaye Melekin, wrote a book titled "80 Reasons why the Book of Mormon is an African Bible" and also "The African Bible" claiming that the Book of Mormon is an African Bible. Megan McGrath, Correlation-Intellectial Property manager of LDS is in the process of sueing Embaye Melekin for "falsely claiming that the Book of Mormon was written in Eritrea" contrary to what the Mormon Church teaches. Many LDS members have read the books and are hammering the church with so many questions and many are convinced that the Book of Mormon is in deed an African Bible and was written in Eritrea, in East Africa. see his books below:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=embaye+melekin&sprefix=embaye%2Caps%2C353&crid=LV3LDGHT1UYL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 01:11PM by Concrete Zipper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 10, 2018 12:11PM

Good for them for drawing attention to it.

You can’t fight God. All of this coincidences with the church bringing the gospel to the motherland, where Black Jesus will return in all his glory.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 10, 2018 12:13PM

LOL. One fraud suing another.

Posted by: starbucks ( )
Date: September 10, 2018 12:14PM

Anyone read these?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 10, 2018 12:31PM

"Hence, Africans are the remnants of the house of Israel and descendants of Manasseh."

WTF? Why do all these nuts want people to be the "remnants of the house of Israel?" Brits, Irish, Native Americans...now Africans.

News flash for this guy: The "house of Israel" consists of people descended from humans who came OUT of Africa. Not the other way around.

Nutcases.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: September 10, 2018 12:50PM

Suing him where and for exactly what?

Such suits aren't possible in the U.S. due to the first amendment.

The main Salt Lake-based CoJCoLDS has no legal ownership of the Book of Mormon proper, and never has had any. Brigham may have tried to claim that his offshoot was the "true" church, but there was no legal basis for it. All that CoJCoLDS really owns is the copyright on some of the more modern chapter headings and summaries.

The OP sounds like click-bait, trying to drum up traffic to the silliness of this story of some African origin for the Book of Mormon.

Without any other documentation, my advice is to ignore it.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 10, 2018 12:56PM

You beat me to it.

The story isn't believable.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 10, 2018 12:54PM

Your story doesn't make sense.

Sure, Embaye Melekin may have written some books making foolish assertions about the BoM. But the rest of your narrative strains credulity.

Can you provide us with any evidence that something called "Correlation-Intellectual Property" exists in the LDS church? Are not the correlation and IP divisions of the church entirely separate?

Do you have any evidence that there is a "Megan McGrath," who is manager of "Correlation-Intellectual Property manager of LDS?"

Finally, why would the church itself, as opposed to one of the church's law firms, sue the author of those books?

I sincerely doubt your story; and I invite you to provide some substantiation for your assertions. You use quotation marks for a description of Ms. McGrath's actions, so you must have a source.

You have a source, right?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.