Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warren Jeffs ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 08:20AM

Is the church security department based in the church office building?On which floor of the building is it located?What other activities does church security engage in apart from guarding the church president?How much protection from church security do all of the top 12 leaders have?Has a person who has ever worked with church security apostized from the church and told their story?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 10:59AM

Warren Jeffs wrote:

"Has a person who has ever worked with church security apostasized from the church and told their story?"

Yes.
Listen to Mormon Stories Podcast where John Dehlin interviewed Brent Metcalfe. It's fascinating.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 11:04AM

Are you planning an Ocean’s 11? I’m in.

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 12:19PM

When I worked as a security guard on Temple square early 70's the office was in basement of the tabernacle. Most of us had worked in regular law enforcement. Guard booths at each gate. Rover guards walked the grounds between points and buildings. We wore church attire and no weapons. Kind of a weird experience. Only stayed a couple of years.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 12:25PM

I received a tour of the security department in 2006. The personnel even took me to lunch afterwards. Their operation was in one of the upper floors of the HQ building. They were proud to show me their 24/7 watch office.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 12:39PM

My understanding is that there are several tiers of church security. The lowest level being temple security that are basically night watchman and custodians, church security that is the basic security functions around Temple Square and then the top tier is the personal security detail for the First Presidency. My understanding is that they are actually BYU detectives so they do have some Law Enforcement authority and can carry weapons and do some investigative work. I could be wrong though.

I used to work in law enforcement and I do know that Church Security does have their own bomb sniffing dog ( probably not a bad idea) and often times they send a representative to multijurisdiction law enforcement intelligence meetings, much to the chagrin of cops.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 12:41PM

Who wants to know? And why?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 09:39PM

I've heard that every church guard carries a copy of the BoM for self-protection.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.