Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: littlelostspirit ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 03:17PM

I've been doing a lot of research about the endowment ceremony and temple ceilings. I'm speechless. The whole thing gives me the hebee-gebees.

I recently remembered that 15 year old me once asked my mom what exactly your endowment was. She blindsided me by saying that endowments were a sacred thing and I'll learn what it is when I get one. I remember feeling hurt by that answer. At the time, my mom was then my YW president and had spent the last hour talking to the YW about the importance of endowments and preparing ourselves to one day get them. Side note: our YW program had 3 girls in it (including me). I remember this lesson was weird to me. I kept thinking, "Ok, so I'm supposed to get my endowment but what exactly is it and what does it mean?" I felt the whole lesson was hiding something. It was so frustrating that my own mother wouldn't even tell me the purpose of your endowment (except that you get your garments afterward - which I already induced). Of course, I never bothered looking into it further because I just trusted what my mother told me.

This whole memory made me realize how convoluted thinking is in the church. The whole sacred vs. secret thing is very frustrating to me. The answers to several of my questions growing up were always about how sacred the answer is you can't know it yet otherwise the world will destroy it. You can have something that is sacred, without having it be a secret.

In a completely different direction, I have a question for you guys. What exactly are temple clothes? Are temple clothes the whole shenanigan outfit with the apron, veil/hat, sash or are they a white dress or white suit? I can see the temple workers handing out outfit props to people like they hand out our jumpsuits & underwear for baptisms for the dead but for how sacred-tive the endowments are I can also see the temple clothing being that weird outfit.

I was always under the impression it was just white dress clothing that folks reserved only for the temple to keep it sacred. I always imagined temple clothing being spectacular like the women wearing beautiful white dresses (like wedding dresses but not as poofy) and the men wearing slick, white suits. Boy was I waaaayyyyyyy wrong... Kinda glad I'm not going to be able to see my sister get married after all I've learned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 03:20PM

It was my understanding that temple clothes are both the white clothing and all the extras (hat, sash, apron)
As a male my white shirt was the same I wore to church, but I only wore my white belt and pants in the temple and kept those in the same bag as my apron and other little extras.

Temple clothes may include garments I suppose but usually when people talk about temple clothes they arent talking about the underwear.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 04:52PM

Do they still wear white jump suits?

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 05:18PM

Yes if you are there to do baptisms

Posted by: anonthegreat ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 06:12PM

I will answer the question based on the established facts that members in the occult did the temple ceremonies to destroy the ideas of Jesus while believing in the Creator's power. The Creator is the "unknown God" the pagans and occultists worship that Paul writes about. He was deep into the occult killing Christians until he changed sides. Then they sought to kill him because he broke the covenant, and so, they believed, they had the right to kill Paul.

Originally, the Mormons entered into the temple ceremony to promise not to reveal them. Sincere believers kept it quiet. Occult members did the ceremonies for a different purpose to destroy the ideas of Jesus, twist the Bible, and form a unity to kill those who threatened the church in anyway, but blame the crime on someone else.

The secret orders of Joseph Smith recorded in history confirm this is true. If a believe quit Mormonism, then they broke covenant if the secret ceremony was revealed. Revealing the secrets was a spiritual license to kill them because they willingly agreed to it. The covenant order built Navoo by slave labor as the real workers had no idea what they were doing. Joseph Smith gained enough people power to run for the President of the United States, until a printing press of free speech exposed the fraud, and Joseph Smith ordered it be destroyed. We supposedly all know the end of Joseph Smith after that event happened.

They have changed the temple ceremony today to not attack Christianity and watered down the death penalties to hide what they used to teach.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 07:00PM

Yeah, you're Mom copped out on you. It wouldn't have been a biggie to explain that it's a ceremony where you make explicit covenants inside the temple. That was the standard response when I spent over a year in that stupid temple class that didn't really explain anything.

Do you really think they want to reveal that you will wear hideous clothes while watching an illogical movie and learning goofy handshakes of a secret tree-house club?

The whole point of the temple experience to to get you to warp and deny your true senses. Basically, a group of people step in dog shit and then proclaim, "Ahh, this smells so good!" Then you get each person to not only agree, but they further embellish the lie. "Not even roses smell this good!" Of course, the stench is undeniable to your true senses.

I really questioned my sanity for not experiencing all the testimonies of such grandeur. I thought something was royally messed up with me for not being "knocked out of my socks" with the temple ceremony. I hated it left and right. Constant changing of clothing, the never-ending stand-ups and sit-downs. I was intimidated and threatened to pay close attention because the grouchy workers would never help out again. There's one secret token that is rapidly whispered into your ear. It starts with "health in the navel..."

What did I hear?

"blah,blahh, blah"

It sounded like pig latin to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2018 07:03PM by messygoop.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 09:50PM

messygoop just said from his temple class.

My grandmother embroidered temple aprons so I was very familiar with them. I have 2 of them in my possession. I saw my mother's temple clothes. My dad didn't go for 25 years after he got married in the temple. My mother went sometimes. She was uncomfortable. We aren't a very social bunch and all that standing up, sitting down, etc., bothered me, too. It was like a competition who could sit down first when changing our clothes around. We kept the dresses and pants and shirts on. But there was an order to how you changed things, too. Like you had to take off the shoes and put them back on last, etc. I didn't have the sash tied perfectly and an old lady had to come and exasperatedly fix it for me. They like to draw attention to your utter failure at your changing clothes around.

Unlike messygoop, when I got to the veil with my robe on inside out (almost impossible to tell), they just had me take off the sash, the apron, the robe, and turn it right side out.

I was so slow at it all that I never once got to sit down in the celestial room. All my thinking of spiritual things happened in the foyer after doing sealings to someone I didn't know. I never went back.

Posted by: badam2 ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 09:59PM

Everything about that temple messed with my head. The whole secret thing really rubbed me the wrong way early on in life. I finally saw the YouTube video of what went on in there and I still am kind of traumatized by what I saw. I definitely did not expect that. I instantly knew without a doubt the religion was false and I was going to need a lot of counseling which I am still doing by the way. Two years of counseling has helped for sure. I am getting unbrainwashed or deprogrammed slowly but surely.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 10:56PM

Oh my goodness!

Thanks for bringing up the removal of the shoes. I had forgotten about that extra step in the changing of clothing. I'm going on two decades of being temple-free.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 10:39PM

Something about "the Emperor has no clothes"...

The truth is nobody has any freaking idea what they are supposed to get out of the temple experience. Yes, it is a serene place away from the hustle and bustle of life. For that it gets points. But the whole thing is an empty box on Christmas Day. The link between the temple and "being endowed" started, I believe, in Kirtland. In a D&C revelation, "God" apparently promised the faithful that they would soon be endowed with power from on high. IMO this referred to some sort of ordination by JS giving the participants authorization to act in God's name or something. Maybe it was part of the Endowment Ceremony, which was rudimentary at the time. If so, then the ordination would have come at the end of the ceremony and would have been its culmination.

Brigham Young and his cronies believed, apparently, that the main purpose was to gain access to the secret passwords and handshakes. That is how the Masonic rites operate- one is shown the handshakes and all as part of a role-playing exercise, and so BY and the gang saw no problem with the passwords being part of the Mormon LARP experience.

As time progressed so did the "Endowment" to the point where the term came to refer to the entire ceremony, and the church leaders were able to convince enough people that (a) there was really some great and grand Truth to be encountered there, and that (2) the reason they did not see it was because they were not spiritual enough. Keep in mind that, according to JS, being spiritual meant letting him have access to your wife. As time passed the ceremony became so enshrined in Mormonism that it became accepted as absolutely necessary to get into heaven. It became an essential aspect of Mormon theology.

From that point on Mormonism has been comprised of two types of members: those who believe they "get" it, and those who believe the reason they don't "get" it is because they are not spiritual enough. Until recently it was unheard of for people to challenge those who believe they "get" it. Note that those who "get" it are always the ones chosen for leadership positions, and the cycle repeats itself. More and more of us are starting to gain the self-confidence enough to tell the "getters" where to stick it. There is no great and grand truth explained in the temple. They are simply delusional.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2018 12:04AM by slskipper.

Posted by: anon-y-mus 4 today ( )
Date: September 22, 2018 12:03AM

I don't want to give too much real life info ( as I have Mormon friends who often lurk in the background (spy).
I have never been to the temple but am very aware of what is worn there and have seen many pictures on the internet. I myself belong to a different faith now and pretty much keep off the subject of religion of any kind if I can help it. ( It always seemed to open the door to invites back to the "True church " ! One weekend when some Mormon tbm friends were down I was telling them about a fraternal organization I joined recently and the uniforms we wore for our investiture as full members. As I had no photos at hand to show them , I described them ( mainly just a cape worn over a business suit,- but when trying to describe the silly hats the men wear, I mentioned that they look similar to the ridiculous ones the men wear in the Mormon temple.
Goodness me, you should heard the deafening silence that fell over the room ! And then denials began..... WE DON"T WEAR HATS AND SPECIAL OUTFITS IN THE TEMPLE !!!!!! I started to argue that I knew better, and described the baker's hat and mentioned that our hats also left a mark across the forehead and the only difference was the color and no stiffened square inside. ! You couldn't believe they felt the need to convince me that what they wore to the temple was no different than nice Sunday dress that any "good" Christian would wear to church. The more I tried to tell them I knew better, the more heated the discussion got ! " Why we aren't any different than any other religion in what we wear to our temple !" Okay, it was easier to give up at that point and say I must have them confuse with some other group ! Talk about gaslighting me ! It must still be secret and not just sacred ! I

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: September 22, 2018 02:46PM

It always fascinates me to see TBMs blatantly lie like this. Comments on the temple videos are full of the same kind of denials. It somehow goes beyond their normal level of dishonesty.

It's almost as if they've been explicitly taught somewhere that it's OK to lie in these situations.

Has anyone here been taught this?

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: September 22, 2018 12:16AM

(Asked another way)

Where would TSCC be without Temple(s)?

Date: September 22, 2018 04:28PM

The temple clothing symbolism. The flat top of the hat is to prevent the ideas of Jesus from entering the brain. The robes represent the counterfeit righteous of Christ to create a religion based on hypocritical deeds because the rational ideas of Christ do not go into the brain. Thus the flat hat is connected to the white robe, and the white color is symbolic of darkness that appears as light.

The left side of the body, in truth, represents the female aspect of God[s ideas. The occult always begins with the female "detail" ideas to attract believers, deceiving the women first, then the men will follow, represented by the changing the robe from the left to the right side of the shoulder. The Mormons may build an empire of men, but the women are really in control of the power on the planet. If the women are deceived first, Lucifer can control the whole planet.

The three pleats at the top of the robe represent the Godhead of the occult, which is the Creator, represented by a Mother, Father, and Holy Spirit power. There is actually logically four parts of the Godhead. If there is a Son, there is also a Daughter called the Holy Spirit in scripture. There is the Mother, Father, Son, and Daughter. A rational conclusion if we believe the Bible.

The three symbols on the garments are the square, compass, and straight horizontal line. They represent the qualities of truth reached by power and control. The square represents boundaries. The compass represents direction. And the flat line represents horizontal ideas that keep people in the dark by teaching half truths and hiding the full truth by removing the vertical perspective of truth. They are over the three parts of the body to form a triangle where food is produced by the physical body. The triangle is upside down to send the message from God that the pyramid food or ideas are not from Him. The power is from God, but the counterfeit ideas of truth that teach the half-truth strategy, eternal boundaries, and eternal direction to gain power and control as a mortal is not from Him. The symbols create power in the occult to teach the difference between loving His power and loving reason and His Character in the Golden Rule.

The apron represents covering the sexual ideas of the occultist that the masonic ritual hides across the world about women to convert them into sex slaves of multiply wives in the name of God. The leaves are tied to Adam and Eve to make sex a dirty word to the Mormon believer and feel guilty about sex, connecting sex to the State to be legally and lawfully married, when the occultist has sex with as many women he wants and promises the women wealth and security if the LDS leaders had plural wives and the secrets of the occult were kept secret so they could control the "worker bees" by the Masonic order across the globe.

Removing the shoes when we change the robe is symbolic of the woman transferring her spiritual power to the man by recognizing her power is from God and not man, and if Lucifer can abuse the God-given power of the women in sex, Lucifer can rule both the men and women on the planet with half-truths and lies. I believe the women are waking up to the scam by the women's liberation movement created by God, and when the women realize what is happened by a Biblical deception to make them sex slaves to the man, the whole planet will eventually remove the lie by reason--both the men and women.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2018 04:43PM by anonthegreat.

Date: September 22, 2018 06:03PM

Let's continue into the endowment. The penalties are different ways you agree to die if you reveal the secrets. But what about the handshakes? I believe they are about the Ten Commandments and how to discredit them with occult powers to twist what they mean, which are to stop stealing, which is not difficult to do. But if we are not taught how easy they are to keep, then we can't keep them.

The right had is the first five commandments. The left hand is about the commandment 6 to 10. So the handgrip of the first token we promise as an occult member to break the fourth commandment by Worshiping Lucifer on the Sabbath or working on the Sabbath. The second token is place between the fourth commandment and third commandment of taking the Lord's name in vain. They worship the Unknown Creator and they don't know what his name is, and indeed, they believe he doesn't have a name because a name given to the Creator, like Yahweh, binds us down in the spiritual growth processed to gain power and control. Thus, Paul said to the pagans, "He whom you ignorantly worship I declare unto you."

The third token is a blatant rejection of the commandments because no knuckles are touched. It is in the center of the hand to turn the mind toward the occult art of palm-reading. The fourth token is the patriarchal grip or sure sign of the nail. People are deceived to thinking it is where they pounded the second nail into of the wrists of Jesus, but the nails are half-truths. The first nail was placed much higher up the arm to keep his body in place. It was never placed in his palm based on twisted scripture, and God used the symbol to teach us the occult teaches half-truths. The wrist is completely outside the commandments.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: September 23, 2018 09:46AM

Magical thinking. Call it assumptions if you like.

If you ssume your magical thinking and beliefs enough , Peter Pan can fly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2018 09:47AM by dogblogger.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 23, 2018 10:00AM

It's "richly symbolic," they told me. "Richly symbolic how?" I
asked them back. "Oh, you'll understand when you go through."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.