Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonme ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 11:25AM

The whole "don't use the word Mormon" thing is absurd, but building an expensive temple in poor areas shows TSCC's lack of compassion and concern for those in need.

To them, the dead are more important than the living, suffering millions of people on this planet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 11:34AM

I wonder how they decided on Puerto Rico. It's my understanding that most of the rural parts of the island are without power and proper necessities still. I was in San Juan right after the hurricanes last year and the LAST thing they need is a McTemple. It's downright insulting and arrogant. Humanitarians, my ass!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 11:42AM

Puerto Rico is getting a temple??????

Geeez.....talk about blind

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 12:04PM

Sadly (I'm guessing here), most of the labor won't be performed by locals which would help their economy More than imported workers do.

It's time ChurchCo contracting policies & practices became transparent.

When any significant work is needed at a church facility, you'll see lots of IMW (UT, ID, AZ) license plates at the worksite; this will benefit restaurant & motel owners (I doubt they're in on the deal).

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 12:50PM

Oh think of the blessing that temple will bring. Haha!

Hopefully they will have power by the time it's completed so they can light it up at night.

In the future we will be reading about how an LDS temple got flooded and damaged in a hurricane.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 03:44PM

The situation in Puerto Rico and the vile declarations of the Orange Twitterman have shocked a lot of people here in France and in the UK. That includes me.

Tom in Paris

Posted by: anonme ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 08:21PM

Yep. Orange Twitterman - love it!

Posted by: Ramone ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 05:15PM

Is the politics really necessary? While the POTUS statements are lamentable, a lot of the pain on the island is due to local corruption and incompetence.

Posted by: Befuddled ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 02:37PM

The Puerto Rico temple will likely follow the design for those in the developing world with its own power production, water filtration, storm shelter, etc. They might not know that the neighbors faced extreme privation and danger....

Posted by: Ramone ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 05:16PM

I wasn't aware the ones in the states were "self-contained". I'd be curious to know more on how they are powered, provided water, etc. Thanks.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 06:55PM

You would think leaders of people living on an Island in Hurricane Alley would have been a lot more prepared.

They know they are going to be hit - again and again and again - yet they were unprepared.

Helping is fine but when a lot of the need for help is due to your own inaction before the storms hit - something is very wrong.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 07:15PM

Please say it isn't so.

All the millions into a temple to fleece the already down and out?

You're right, that money would've gone further investing in its people.

Posted by: readwrite-now ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 01:08AM

It's so the mormonite misleaders can have a vacation home when there on devious missions.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 02:11AM

Kind of like overpriced "modern art" consisting of random paint splatters or doggy doo doo smears representing "the angst of the animal world" or something.

Demand is dwindling, but supply is growing like crazy.

Who's going to use the new Rome temple, other than a few mission presidents and Mormons from Sandy vacationing in Italy?

As if thousands and thousands of Italians are going to give up espressos, wine and smoking just to go learn some handshakes that they can find on the Internet? Not too likely.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.