Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 11:36PM

The word "secred" is used in situations where you and everyone else knows that your talking about secrecy and keeping secrets, but you don't like the obvious connotations that go along with secrecy and secrets in a church that is supposedly owned and operated by God and Jesus...and you would prefer to use the word "sacred" even though it makes no sense in the context that you want to use it in.

Secred is your best compromise. Now you can have your secret cake and pretend like its sacred while you eat it too.

"Hey, who ate all the cake??"

"Why are you looking at me?"

"Because you have frosting all over your face."

"Ohh...that.... You know how sometimes you have a sacred experience...and it's so profound and special that you don't want to ruin it by talking about it with someone else. Well, I like to think of experiences like that as something 'secred,'...you know...something between me and God and Jesus and the Holy Ghost...and people who want to pry into it and interfere are offending God and Jesus and the Holy Ghost, so let's just respect things that are secred, okay? It's the decent thing to do."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 12:29AM

Organizations will often try to re-define words as they benefit from the confusion. Google the definition of "sacred" and there is no mention of secrecy.
Stupid cult!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 12:33AM

I think the word is "scrud".

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 03:20AM

Ha ha!

Posted by: readwrite-now ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 03:52AM

Mormons: they want you to know everything about them, without knowing anything (true) about them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.