Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kilgravmaga ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 08:27AM

So Nelson said, "Its disingenuous for us to believe that we're frustrated because the others don't call us by the right name, when we don't call us the right name ourselves, so we have to clean up our own part first."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_gSC1-jWRY

Umm, I can think of no pfkam that was upset about being called mormon. At least not before Nelson decided to make a thing out of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 09:43AM

It wasn't enough that Mormons are comically prissy and self-righteous about coffee. Now they are going to add avoidance of the word Mormon to the list. That's going to spiff up LDS Inc's image.

Look for YouTube videos of hilarious awkward missionary parodies, and maybe even an SNL skit.

Posted by: Thanos ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 09:48AM

This is exactly what makes me upset about this name change. It’s an excuse for people to be even more self-righteous and irritating. And seriously, who cares??? Why is he making such a huge deal out of it? I think it’s even worse because the Prophet declared this, so there’s no room for dissent.

Posted by: kilgravmaga ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 09:56AM

Its so transparently culty.

Cults are notorious for trying to control language on this level.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 10:19AM

literally celebrated and gloried in the "Mormon" label, it just makes you marvel at the pettiness of it all.

I mean, seriously, don't they have bigger issues to be worried about?

"Stop calling us what we have been calling ourselves for the past 150 years! It was just fine up until October 2018, but now it's no longer okay because a guy named Russell doesn't like it.

"Now, that's out of the way.... What do you know about us and would you like to know more? You might want to take a look at this pamphlet called Meet the redacted. It gives you a great overview of what we redacteds are all about. Oh, by the way the Redacted Tabernacle Choir is going to be performing in town next week. We can get you tickets."

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 11:36AM

hehehe...he called the son of MOrmon ---Moronee.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.