Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 06:06PM

Due to a nasty storm we didn't go out to the shops, so we have no beer in.

So, this evening I'll be enjoying a mug of hot chocolate.

What's your tipple this evening?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 06:28PM

You inspired me! I made a big hot chocolate and warmed up a blueberry muffin to go with it. It's a very soothing combination. The fact that it's 3:30pm here does nothing to detract from my enjoyment!

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 09:11PM

Black tea, orange, cinnamon + hot water

First Try! Davidson's Organics Orange Spice, 1 lb loose leaf

Warm. Tastes good. yummy. Smells really nice like cinnamon when you sip it. Dry packaged bag smells like citrus sachet (really nice) when you open it.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 02:46AM

That does sound good.

Date: October 12, 2018 06:30PM

Still recovering from the flu shot yesterday. Otherwise, I'll have the usual either espresso latte or fruit smoothie, or water.

Posted by: manymoremany ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 06:56PM

Mostly water. Smoke on the water. Fog maybe. Buzzard!

I haven't been feeling like it lately [buzzing] but I'll perhaps get something from the store, refrigerator (beer [cider-IPAs mostly], wine, or spirit [gin]), or a friend's hand.

I'm leaning - and about to [tipple] topple - toward a visit to the store, for tonic water, something (else) clear or brown, and perhaps more wine and/ or beer. Whine not?

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 07:21PM

Drinking a Hopzeit Autumn IPA from Deschutes.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 07:23PM

He Deschutes... HE SCORES!!!!!!

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 07:26PM

Just bottled a batch of rhodomel (rose hip mead) and had a bit left over to drink now. Looks to be about 8% ABV.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 08:03PM

I am intrigued by meade....must search and find some. We have several meaderies in Alberta.

Date: October 12, 2018 08:03PM

One Guinness with supper.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 08:55PM

Coffee

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 09:06PM

Lipton peach flavored tea. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 11:12PM

Tonight it is Coke zero, tomorrow it is all you can drink top-shelf scotch at my coworker's downtown appartment. He has over 60 different bottles and loves to collect them. Last year it was an epic evening rooftop party.

Date: October 13, 2018 12:10AM

Envious

Date: October 13, 2018 06:55PM

Obligatory... I love scotch!
https://youtu.be/ovUkATL4l_g

Date: October 14, 2018 10:44PM

Johnny Walker XR 21
Floki ( https://flokiwhisky.is )
Glenfiddich 21 reserve
Fireball (from a box)

Date: October 13, 2018 01:56AM

It's too late to drink, I think. French music [to(night)].

So, getting a start on Saturday, I fried up those purple potatoes (I pre-boiled) and opened up a [not the most expensive one, but a costly and small] can of Spectacular tonic, a bottle of Fentimans Mandarin and Seville Orange Jigger, cut fresh a half [almost zested], twist-squeezed organic lemon, and poured sums of each into a low ball glass over zectangle ice with Bombay gin. The potatoes - to wash up the drinking - became fried, and are are being gentle washed down as we read this. Welcome to Saturday! Horrah. Goodnight.

I need to make more room in the refrigerator for liquids, and solids, and [passes of] gasses. I think I need glasses. I can't see my ice. I can't feel my face [I'm using all my digits on the keys bored. I can't smell. Let me clear my knows. Now I can't see again. Oops, my eyes were clothed.

Tonight it's mostly music, creative pursuits/ laziness/ sleep ,zones, bath water candles, creative floating, and dream must-my new cologne.

M@t

Date: October 13, 2018 03:38AM

Sleep - and a good drink - is good medicine.
Now where'd I put that bottle, baby?
Oh no! It's out, like a light.
Like me, it goes out at night
To save itself
If it can be saved
For the world to see
They too can be me
By being themselves

M@t

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 03:30AM

Old Camp whiskey. Neat.

Posted by: readwrite-now ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 05:45AM

Drinking? What are you smoking?

Date: October 13, 2018 10:09PM

Got another Merlot today, but tonight it'll be an IPA
Stone Idolatrous IPA, and/ or a Tasty IPA (seasonal)

Probably an earlier night, compared to some, but certainly hope to get out of it before I get into it, if that's possible. The bar might have me to eat and drink and incite all kinds of delightful exchanges, loud laughter and bewildering amusement. Then again, I may simply eat [and drink] and run - I mean walk - the block home. I don't mean walk it, but walk me, stumble me home. I think I'll just roll. That or walk across rocks in my stocks.

Traveling the U.S. from Canada to Mexico, some visiting bicycling friends left some beer [and things] the other day. It looks like one of them is a Deschutes Obsidian Stout. O Boy!
Tomorrow, it's maybe a great day for that raspberry lambic, and/ or a cider trip. It's hip! Wanna sip? I got to slip!

M@t

Date: October 13, 2018 11:22PM

Girl that Idolatrous was tasty.
Now I'll be trying that Tasty.

Posted by: anon2828 ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 10:34PM

This afternoon I enjoyed a latte and a matcha latte from a specialty coffee shop.

Date: October 13, 2018 10:54PM

Oh, matcha is yummy.

I use it in fruit smoothies. :)

Date: October 13, 2018 10:46PM

Enjoyed a Big Rock Heavy Scotch Ale with supper. Hit the spot.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 01:03PM

I formerly drank beer. I brewed my own beer when I lived in SLC Utah, The 3.2% just was not good enough for me. In 1998 I relocated to Maryland and now there is a liquor store a half mile up the street. So I bought REAL beer and boxed wine for many years.

Then about a year ago my brother-in-law was diagnosed with stage-4 cancer of the esophagus. He is 68 years old and has been a heavy drinker for his entire life. He received chemo-therapy and radiation-therapy to fight the cancer but it was too advanced to be treatable with success. Right now he is on his death bed and will expire within two or three weeks.

I never had drunk the hard stuff, I only drank beer and wine. But after my BIL was diagnosed, I decided to quit drinking alcohol.

I started buying O'Douls and now I enjoy a couple of those per week. I doubt that I am at risk for the type of cancer that is killing my BIL but I just wasn't comfortable with drinking any alcohol.

Date: October 14, 2018 03:31PM

Sunday-Beautiful Day'all. Juice from a bottle today [whaa!]? No! It's a beautiful day (aren't they [most] all, if we look at/ accept them that way?) and I'm still recovering [from living, and dying, and I'm not really trying], the balance between spending most of the day outdoors... and then there are the inside arts & craft projects, reading, organizing, talking off & on the phone, writing letters, cooking/ juicing/ dehydrating, the ironing, dishes [that Jack L. juicer!!!], and cleaning the joint, can wait.

Wow, I didn't know I could afford a waiter, but all these chores are waiting on me, as they learn patiently - and sometimes patently - to do as they love to work with me and I love to work for them [when it works for me (is that why I'm single, instead of double?: half bachelor, half man, half artist, half craze)]. Wait!

I'm making it work, as I take the day to play, picnic, nap at the park, walk in the sun, laugh and chat with the glorious people who come my way... or I go theirs, which is really my way, on a beautiful day like today.

What will I take for the picnic [to drink]? Lindemans Framboise raspberry lambic beer. Belgium. 750 ml and/ or a 2 Towns Ciderhouse Hollow Jack'd cider-Imperial Pumpkin. Oregon. 500 ml. (8.4 abv) BYOC - bring your own cup, can, chalice.

I prefer to drink during the day... so I can think at night.
Not really, but my prefered time to sip if afternoon, eve.

The juice will be carrot, beet, apple, leek, ginger... and Mary Ann~

M@t

Date: October 14, 2018 05:42PM

It's Sunday and I went down to Waterton Lakes National Park for lunch and enjoyed an Oldman River Brewing Dark Ale. It was delicious!

Date: October 15, 2018 12:00AM

The Jack'd was good, as was the IPA over dinner over the water.

I could have had a v-8 (and I am), while the [real-fresh] juice will have to wait.
At least the dishes got done so there is clean counter space.
The candle lit - and reggae on the radio - it's about time to draw a bath.
I know just what they look like and have a pen and paper ready.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.