Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 04:47PM

I thought that since this is October and Halloween approaches, it would be interesting to share some scary experiences. I have 2 that I think of right away. The first one was years ago, when my husband and I were returning from a road trip to Southern California. It was around 11:00 at night and we were driving from St George to Salt Lake. It was between St George and Cedar City. I’m looking straight ahead and suddenly, I see a movement outside on my right. We were going about 60 mph. I thought that maybe it was a deer that was trying to out run us and then maybe cross over in front of us... it was no deer. It was a black dog with white eyes and white teeth, it’s face turned towards me. It was keeping pace with our car and was moving sideways at the same time towards our car! At the same time, my husband saw one to his left, doing the same thing as the dog that I saw! They were two different breeds and kept pace with us, no matter how slow or fast we went. We saw finally a lone gas station ahead and it was well lit. We pulled in there and stayed for 1/2 an hour. Before we pulled out, my husband did the sign of the cross! Didn’t see them after that. We hadn’t been drinking and weren’t tired because my husband worked swing shift at the time. Another time, I was doing the dishes and I was alone in the house. Suddenly, I felt like someone was behind me. You know how there is the fight or flight when the adrenaline kicks in? I whipped around, ready to do battle with whatever was there. No one was there! Anyone else with crazy experiences?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 04:50PM

...and when I went around to open the door for her, there was a hook in the door handle!!!!!

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: October 25, 2018 09:25PM

...and the three Nephites appeared at the same time.

Date: October 25, 2018 09:27PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 04:54PM

The dog thing would be real spooky!

My deceased brother appeared to me once, similar to what you described, while I was washing dishes. I could feel someone there watching me. As I looked to my left, there he was. Smiling and happy to see me. It startled me more than anything. He was dressed in dungarees and a striped polo shirt.

He looked at me for a few moments, and then was gone. My parents were outside in the barnyard tending to some livestock. I ran out to tell them what had just occurred. I was about ten years old at the time. He died when I was four, and he was six.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: October 25, 2018 06:07PM

Thank you for telling us about your brother. I appreciate it.

Date: October 25, 2018 07:36PM

Thanks, Heidi. I know he's in a better place.

When I die I plan to be buried next to him and my little sister in a family plot that's left.

:)

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 05:56PM

Recieving the Holy Ghost was pretty scary for an 8 year old.

I kept expecting him to show up anytime and introduce himself.

Date: October 20, 2018 06:10PM

Posted by: Are we having fun yet? ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 06:16PM

I've seen Valkyriequeen's "desert night dogs" too! One ran along the side my car, approaching at an angle, exactly as you described. I was driving alone, between Winnemucca and Wendover, Nevada. I think it was an optical illusion--reflections on a very large, flat surface. No moonlight. I had been driving very fast for a very long time, and the lonely open space made me feel creepy, like I was in another world of a different time and space.

I was studying in my room at my desk, for the final finals before high school graduation, after not sleeping for 3 straight nights, and I got that feeling that someone was behind me in the room. It's scary, because I KNEW someone was there! Later, I read about sleep deprivation makes your mind play tricks on you, and that it is common, and natural.

People don't get much sleep during funerals--crying, mourning, traveling, making all the arrangements, and stress takes its toll. The dead person is very much on people's mind. My daughter was sleep-deprived, and she said she saw her recently-deceased Grandpa sitting in the chair by her bed, smiling at her.

I have no idea why Amyjo would see her brother, years later....

Date: October 20, 2018 06:25PM

I have no idea either, but it was in broad daylight and I was wide awake.

I took it as a good sign and omen that his spirit lives on.

Date: October 20, 2018 06:35PM

Another time I'd recently moved back to Idaho from California as a young adult. I moved in with my dad and stepmom, into their older cape cod style home, where I lived for the next few months.

One night after we were all sleeping, I awoke to feel a presence in the house. My room was off the hall from the kitchen with the door open ajar.

I looked up toward the hall doorway and saw a man enter my room. He walked over to my bedside and peered down into my face. He was wearing spectacles. I asked him "Who are you?" at least twice, before flinging off the blankets, jumping out of bed, I hurtled from my bed and turned the lightswitch on. Whoever he was, he ducked into my closet that was open, and I watched him disappear from view. Never saw him again. Still don't know who he was. The only person that I wondered if he could have been was the murdered son of a man I had worked with in Palo Alto. That bothered me so much because I was good friends with the father. His son had been murdered in Texas while in the military. I don't believe his killer was caught.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 08:01PM

Many years ago I purchased an old book from Utah Book and Magazine in Salt Lake City. It was a first edition "Egyptian Magic" by Wallace Budge.

Inside the book was two sheets of folded paper. On them was a hand written history of a young girl's family dated 24 July 1876.

The history was partial copies of her grandfather's personal history and included details of his conversion to Mormonism, a short paragraph on the problem with sucession of Joseph's death. A page on his journey to Utah and then a list of ancestors and descendants.

I noticed a pattern in the naming of the sons. As an examlle John Doe Sr. John Doe Jr. John Doe III etc.

So on a whim I deduced likely names of his modern descendants and contacted the most likely in the city the gentleman founded. Sure enough they were descendants.

I mailed off the papers and a few days latter received a very nice letter thanking me and explaining they had never seen this information before.

A few weeks later I waa visiting my grandfather's grave. As I left I took about 10 steps and glanced down at a gravestone. It belonged to the girl that had written the paper.

I contacted my Aunt and she vaguely remembered an old lady by that name that lived down the street from her in the early 30s.

Ok. So not scary, but an odd coincidence.

Date: October 26, 2018 10:15AM

It's said there are no coincidences in life.

That is serendipitous. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2018 10:16AM by Amyjo.

Date: October 26, 2018 02:18PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's said there are no coincidences in life.
>
> That is serendipitous. :)

Is whoever is doing the "saiding" also ruling out free will?

Or is some kind of combination, where the Rulers of the Ether create situations, but then it's up to you to make a choice?

Does this happen to everyone or just those with whatever it is that makes them special to the Overlords of the Universe?

I'd like to know.

Date: October 25, 2018 01:33PM

I've shared this one before on RfM, but since it's close to Halloween will do it again.

My dad told us this story when we were children. He moved to central Massachusetts as a young man, following his service in WWII. His second wife had inherited a 200 acre farm there, so they moved there to build a house on it and make their home.

It was mid to late 1940's. It took dad 2-3 years to build their house from scratch. They built it on an old foundation that had been there from the 1700's. Dad and his wife lived in a tent during that time they were erecting their house. After it was built and they were settled into it, they'd get a nightly visitor night after night.

Someone would come to their door and knock knock knock. Dad would answer the door to find no one there. He thought at first it was a hermit that lived up on a hill nearby that was playing a prank on them. So one night following a heavy snowfall, dad decided to follow the footprints in the snow to see where they led to. He took a kerosene lantern with him, and it was a full moon that night, so was well lit outside after the knock knock came.

Dad circled around the house several times, making wider circles each time until he realized the only footprints in the snow were his own. That's when the hair stood up on the back of his neck and he got chills. He went back inside deciding whatever the visitor was wasn't earthly.

The next night it came by, dad answered the door and told the spirit visitor that if it was a good spirit it was welcome anytime. If it was an evil spirit dad ordered it to go away in the name of the Melchizidek priesthood that dad held (even though he was inactive and a jack Mormon then.) The spirit visitor didn't return for as long as dad lived there after that.

Then dad and his 2nd wife divorced. He moved back to Idaho where he eventually met and married my mom.

Fast forward to the future. The year after my father died, in 2000, I took my children on a road trip to go see the house my dad had built in the 1940's. The farm is still there. Dad's stepson and his wife still were living in the house when we visited in 2001. They hadn't changed a thing about it. The stepson had inherited from his mother when she died.

They took us on a tour of the house and the farm. They'd sold off 100 acres since dad lived there. Turned part of it into a Christmas tree farm. The house was exactly as dad had built it. Sterling (dad's stepson,) told me that dad had built the house identical to the house that had been there in the 1700's. He said dad could not have known it at the time because the blueprints had been buried away in the county courthouse and did not surface before the 1960's.

I asked him and his wife about the tale of the ghostly visitor. Sterling and his wife told me that the ghost had never left. It is still there. Nancy, Sterling's wife, said she did not believe in ghosts before moving into that house. But she does now.

What happens is the ghost will come to the door and knock. If they aren't near the front door they will hear it open, and then hear footsteps across the wide plank wooden floor boards leading to the attic steps. They hear it climb up the stairs to the attic. The attic door opens and closes. Then nothing after that. It never comes down the stairs. Only goes up them.

When dad lived there and and his nightly visitor come knocking, he inquired in town about it. One of the old timers asked him if he'd heard the story of the sea merchant who'd lived there in the 1700's? Dad had not. The sea merchant lived there with his wife. They were a childless couple. He'd go off to sea over and over, promising his wife each time would be his last time. It was a very isolated place in the country to live. Even moreso in the 1700's.

She may have become very depressed. Because on his last voyage home, he returned to find her hanging in the attic.

Dad, Sterling, and Nancy all believe the spirit to be a feminine one. When I was a child and heard dad tell us about the ghostly visitor wondered if it was the sea merchant returning home to go upstairs and find his wife? But since dad, Nancy and Sterling all agreed it was a feminine spirit I've since decided it must be the wife's spirit who is consigned to returning to the same place where she ended it all. Her spirit has never found peace.

She's a polite spirit, according to Sterling and Nancy. Not a scary one. She doesn't come there to frighten them. Just goes about her business every time she shows up. Like a Groundhog Day version of Deja Vu.

Since the house was built identical to the one that was there in the 1700's, to her it must still look the same as when she lived there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2018 01:35PM by Amyjo.

Date: October 25, 2018 05:03PM

I wonder what she thinks of the cars in the driveway?

Date: October 26, 2018 07:58AM

Something strange happened shortly after our road trip to central Mass. There came a knocking on my living room door one afternoon. (We have a doorbell.) I quickly went to answer the door to find who it could be, but there was no one there.

I wondered if dad's Massachusetts ghost had followed me home out of curiosity to see where my children and I lived? It was after all bonded somehow with my dad, who had rebuilt the house on the 200 year old foundation where the sea merchant had lived with his wife.

Date: October 25, 2018 07:32PM

It's a circular driveway, on a gravel road. The barn stands that my dad built when he lived there. He ran a turkey farm when he lived there with his wife. Now the barn is old but still standing.

There's a vegetable garden next to the barn. And much of their remaining acreage was converted into a Christmas tree farm on that side of the house. On the other side was cleared to make a beautiful meadow they can see from the daylight windows facing that side of the house. The porch dad had built had floor to ceiling windows facing three sides of the house, and the meadow is one of them. It is gorgeous. The meadow wasn't there when dad lived there with his wife.

Thick foliage surrounds the road and the area. It's natural to the habitat. When my dad lived there sometimes when he traversed the 200 acre property he had the distinct deja vue impression he'd lived there in a prior lifetime.

He returned there with my stepmother in 1978 on their honeymoon trip to the east. He met with his stepson Sterling then and Sterling's wife. Sterling was 16 when dad was married to his mom. Sterling lived with his dad in New Jersey at that time. He really admired my dad. If not for my dad, I doubt very much that the house would've been built on that property. Sterling and Nancy plan to keep it in their family for generations to come, ghost and all.

Date: October 26, 2018 11:21AM

I sounds beautiful! Can I come live there when I retire? ;)

Date: October 26, 2018 11:52AM

It is really beautiful. I've always "hoped" if I were to win the lotto that I could buy the property from them if I asked a high enough price for it.

The closest town is an old New England village that has a pristine white church with a steeple that has been there for a couple of hundred years. It looks like it stepped right out of a history book from the early colonial days.

That's where my dad would go to worship when he lived there. Then it was a Congregationalist church. Not sure what it is nowadays.

The drive to the property is a long winding road. When dad built their house, it was the only one there. Now there are a few houses sprinkled along the country road. The road is named after the sea merchant who lived there in the 1700's to this day. (Last name only.)

It's a pristine setting. But I wouldn't have wanted to live there during the winter in a tent. I don't know how my pappy and his wife did it. But he was a strong man when he was younger. :)

Date: October 26, 2018 12:00PM

Wrong place

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2018 12:26PM by Heidi GWOTR.

Posted by: TrueStoryExmo ( )
Date: October 25, 2018 09:52PM

It was XMAS day and I was 11 years old. Us 4 kids, me and my 3 sisters all got up at 6am to open presents. It was great. I received a 12g shotgun for Christmas, my dad being an avid hunter. We all went back to bed. My bedroom was in the basement of the home, and I lay there in bed staring up and out of a basement window. Suddenly, next to the window on the wall, stood a being staring at me. He had sandy brown hair, a white robe, but he was surrounded by pitch blackness. He just stood there staring at me about 7' from my bed. I froze, I was so scared. I finally screamed and pulled the blankets over my head. That was 50 years ago, and I remember like yesterday. I am an atheist believe it or not, but just this ghost phenomena thing - well there's something to it. Whatever it was - was smart b/c it dressed like a Mormon angel.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 09:38AM

Date: October 26, 2018 10:28AM

"Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the least speculation is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation. Occam's razor applies especially in the philosophy of science, but also more generally." Like when you're wide awake and you know what you're seeing is not a hallucination.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Date: October 26, 2018 10:58AM

Amyjo Wrote:
> Like when you're wide awake and you
> know what you're seeing is not a hallucination.

Nice try with Occam, but...no.

Because you *don't* know it's not an hallucination.

And an explanation that requires you to explain how and why "spirits" can and do exist, when there's no evidence they do, and no known mechanisms by which they could exist, and if they did how they could appear/disappear, isn't the simplest. It's the most outrageously complicated and least evidenced explanation, and the one that actually isn't an explanation at all.

Meanwhile, it's an established fact that humans have hallucinations, and suffer from optical illusions, and "see" and "hear" things that don't actually exist. Making "it was probably all in your brain" by far the simplest and most likely explanation.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 11:06AM

That is the most bizarre application of Occam's Razor I have ever seen. You simultaneously explain the principle and then misuse it.

Those is some "alternative facts," Ma'am.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 25, 2018 10:37PM

Many a times when I was alone at the ward chapel as ward clerk, I had unnerving experiences. It bothered me to such degree that I would do a full sweep of the entire building upon entering it. I would go room to room with the assurance that each door was properly closed. Then I would return to the clerk's office to begin the church's modem. After sending off membership updates, the sound of a door mechanism could be heard and a classroom door could be clearly seen in the ajar position. I would walk down, stare at an empty room and close the door. Sometime later, a different door would open up. I stopped going to the chapel during the middle of the week by myself.

Date: October 25, 2018 10:39PM

The building janitor didn't give up his keys!!

Date: October 25, 2018 10:44PM

ETA: Perhaps too rude a joke.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2018 11:06AM by Lot's Wife.

Date: October 26, 2018 11:09AM

I just always leave it up to Amyjo to decide!

Date: October 26, 2018 11:11AM

It is indeed disturbing. So much preaching on this board. . .

Apologies if my joke was too aggressive.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 11:31AM

I sensed that it was my mother-in-law and she was furious that she couldn't waken her son and had to settle for me. It seemed like she was telling me to wake him and tell him she was there and wanted to communicate important messages to him before she had to leave..

I got out of bed and wandered the house, feeling like she was following me demanding that I wake DH. Of course I wouldn't do that. He needed his sleep.

For the rest of the night, probably six hours, I walked around and sat in my rocking chair thinking I was being harassed. Finally, I felt relieved of the presence and went to sleep only about a half hour before the alarm sounded.

Getting dressed, the phone rang. It was mother-in-law's care center calling for my husband. I knew they must be calling to tell him his mother had died.

When he came out of the shower, he called them back and yes, his mother had died. Instead of going to work, he packed a bag to fly out and arrange a funeral for her.

We knew his mother was ill. So I guess my imagination got the best of me the night she died?

Date: October 26, 2018 11:45AM

Did you relay that to your husband that you felt his mother there the night/morning she passed away trying to get a message to him? If so, how did he take it?

Date: October 26, 2018 12:23PM

He wansn't that impressed with the information. His mother was dead and that's what hit him, not my experience that night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2018 12:24PM by Cheryl.

Date: October 26, 2018 12:41PM

It's really a very common experience when someone crosses over that a living family member has that kind of an experience.

I've heard of a grandson who saw his grandmother pass by his bedroom one last time after the family knew she was deceased. She stopped in his doorway to smile at him and wave goodbye.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 12:18PM

thats a good one Cheryl ~

Date: October 26, 2018 01:48PM

You must know I'm your biggest fan.

Date: October 26, 2018 12:26PM

Last night, "S" gave us tickets for a show at his comedy club. It was for a medium they had hired. Neither "L" nor I had ever gone to a medium show before, and were interested, so we went.

She was funny and interesting. Her name is Cindy Kaza. She explained that she is “clairvoyant (clear seeing), clairaudient (clear hearing) and clairsentient (clear feeling) who works across the country as an evidential medium. Evidential mediumship is a style of mediumship practiced around the world that puts heavy weight on the medium’s ability to bring through extremely specific evidence to the sitter. This evidence can include, but is certainly not limited to, names, personality traits, physical ailments, favorite past times, and phrases often used by loved ones in spirit. The purpose of this style of mediumship is to diminish skepticism among sitters and to prove that the medium is truly connecting with the client’s loved ones in spirit.

The way she works, is she’ll say “I’m getting this name & relationship or situation in this part of the room”, and then she’ll have a mic brought to the person that responds. You are only supposed to give her direct answers to her questions. Don’t add anything superfluous. She’ll say, “I’m getting this situation or physical item or something, does this mean anything to you?” yes or no. She will then expand on what she just said. She will give several “evidences” to the person, and then give the message that the deceased want given.

After about 5 different readings, she said changed her posture. She put her hand on her hip, turned slightly, brought one foot in front and angled away from the other, and her weight on her back hip. Then she said, “Someone’s mother named Barbara is coming through. She said you would recognize this pose. She wearing a tailored woman’s suit.” Well, for anyone who has seen my mother’s modeling portfolio when she was young, she captured my mother in stance to a t. I raised my hand.

The following are the things she said, nothing left out. There is only one thing I don’t know about. Maybe you do. The phrases in parentheses are my thoughts.
• She was a very proper woman. (yes)
• She would like it if you would frame the photo of her in her coat with the fur collar and put it out. (I seem to recall two such photos. One from her modeling portfolio, and one as she is older in her cream coat with the white fur.)
• She was particular about how a table was set for dinner (yes)
• She loved Barbra Streisand (Yes, she did. She had albums and loved to tell the story that she and Dad had seen her Broadway debut in “I Can Get It For You Wholesale”, and how funny she was in that.)
• First she wants to tell you that she’s fine.
• She’s glad you have her china, and she forgives you for breaking the cup. (I do have her set and the only piece that is broken in it was a cup that I accidentally broke in my teens.)
• She knows you had to take your own path and she’s ok with that now. (yes)
• She’s proud of you for … you have other people that live in your house a lot? … do you foster? (we have had "P" (nephew), "S" (nephew) when they were teenagers,"J" (step-daughter) and her boyfriend as an adult, and now our adult son "C" and "S" lives with us.) She’s proud of you for doing that and sharing your home like that.
• She would like to know what happened to her pearls. (I have no idea.)
• She loves you and reiterates that she is proud of you.
Cindy then said, “Do you or your husband know a Harold?” - “Yes, he is "L"’s grandfather.” “Why does he call you son?” “Because I lived with him until I was 5.” (Also, I’m sure, because Pop didn’t have any sons and "L" was the eldest grandson to whom he gave all of the NA lore he wanted to hand down.) “He had property was perhaps a farmer?” “He was a carpenter.” “Yes, but he had property and did something with the land.” “Yes. He had a small ranch with horses.” “He loves you very much.”

Date: October 26, 2018 12:32PM

That is most fascinating, Heidi.

I've heard of such encounters with respected psychics before. Yours sounds like she's one of their kind.

Date: October 26, 2018 01:14PM

Amyjo Wrote:
"...respected psychics..."

Now there's an oxymoron.

Date: October 26, 2018 01:21PM

In her field, she is considered big league. Not an oxymoron. Except to naysayers who don't know what they're talking about.

https://www.goldstar.com/artists/cindy-kaza-tickets/reviews

Date: October 26, 2018 01:37PM

Amyjo Wrote:
> In her field, she is considered big league.

Psychics that respect psychics? Really?

> Not an oxymoron.
> Except to naysayers who don't know what
> they're talking about.

Yes, an oxymoron. To everyone in the world except psychics and the gullible who "believe" in them and are conned by simple tricks like cold reading and internet look-ups.

Date: October 26, 2018 01:46PM

Oh contraire, Hie. "Medium Cindy Kaza trained at the famed Arthur Findlay School of Intuitive Sciences in England."

In England, no less!

Date: October 26, 2018 01:51PM

Further research (the earthly sort) reveals that the Arthur Findley School has a frequency program!

You get points for staying at their college and can redeem those points for future stays. It's as good as Best Western!!

Date: October 26, 2018 01:55PM

Here's a little film that extols the virtues of the 'college', which only exists because of the largesse of a Believer/dupe. I quite enjoyed it! Tremendous film values!

https://vimeo.com/104742981

Did I come away changed in any way? Of course not! I remain one who continues to utter, "Poppycock!" But only in my mind, and on RfM. In person, I just nod my head and look for an exit strategy.

Date: October 26, 2018 02:08PM

Hey, I learned a new word from that video: "mediumship." I guess that's what the field is called.

I'm a little surprised, however, since there appear to be so many preferable words. Why not "mediumism?" "Mediology?" "Media studies?"

Or why not my favorite, "mediocrity?" That seems to capture the essence of what we are talking about.

Date: October 26, 2018 02:13PM

I leapt directly to mendacity, like a lonely Sugar Glider onto a seer stone.

Date: October 26, 2018 02:15PM

Please don't make fun of seer stones. They are every bit as good as Ouija boards.

Date: October 26, 2018 02:16PM

Hehe.

I was helping one of my daughter's friends study for the SAT last weekend. "Mendacity" came up in the reading test. She didn't know what it meant.

I suggested that I could make a sign saying, "Master of Mendacity!" and bring it to a current POTUS rally, and I'd get nothing but thumbs-up from the other attendees...who would like "master of" but wouldn't know what "mendacity" meant. My daughter thought that was hilarious :)

Date: October 26, 2018 01:46PM

Amyjo Wrote:
> In her field, she is considered big league. Not an
> oxymoron. Except to naysayers who don't know what
> they're talking about.
>
> https://www.goldstar.com/artists/cindy-kaza-ticket
> s/reviews

Amyjo, where does your anger come from? You are quick to lash out when you feel you're thoughts are not receiving the respect you believe they deserve. That you are angry has to be beyond dispute, but I suppose you will dispute it, because that is who you are...

Date: October 26, 2018 01:50PM

I'm not angry at all.

Quite the contrary. I found Heidi's post most enlightening and beneficial especially to her.

Date: October 26, 2018 02:00PM

Amyjo Wrote:
> I'm not angry at all.
>
> Quite the contrary. I found Heidi's post most
> enlightening and beneficial especially to her.

Wasn't talking about (Damn! now you've got ME omitting pronouns!) Heidi's post, which was quite stimulating. I was talking about your response to Hie:

> Except to naysayers who don't
> know what they're talking about.

Your accusation, that Hie doesn't know what he's talking about, came across to me as founded in anger. Perhaps to you it was written with the same emotion as one would say, "Oh, look, the sun is shining!", you know, a simple fact. But that's not how it came across.

Yes indeed, I'm getting a message from the other side that you are a very angry woman, indeed! And the spirits never lie!!!

Date: October 26, 2018 03:40PM

It's more obvious that you are a troller and a disturbed individual that constantly harasses me on whatever I post.

That says you are a more troubled and angry person than anything I have to say. You out yourself all the time.

And yes, to hie's response to my remark that a medium is a gifted psychic is an oxymoron, makes him a naysayer.

Add you to the list. What do you expect for a couple of drinking and golfing buddies that are joined at the hips to harass me and my posts?

You are a bully and a troll. That makes you an angry person EOD. You need to hold the mirror a little closer to your face.

Date: October 26, 2018 02:42PM

Well, talk about throwing a cold towel on a fun thread.

I know you guys don't believe any of this, but couldn't you just let it be for once? Some of these stories are very precious memories to the people who have them. It hurts to have people, especially people we like, laugh at them.

Recovery from Mormonism takes many different shapes.

Date: October 26, 2018 03:03PM

Just two more posts to go...

It's the controversial threads that get the most action!

Date: October 26, 2018 12:35PM

I always wonder why mediums bother to work for a living. Why not just get in touch with those who passed over, leaving behind some hidden some form of wealth? Tease out of the ether who these people are, then contact them and find out where the wealth is hidden and then make the best use of it! The wealth is put back into circulation, etc., etc.

Or is it an ego thing?

Date: October 26, 2018 01:53PM

Question to ghost sleuths: If there's such a thing as good ghosts versus bad ghosts, how do you tell the difference?

Date: October 26, 2018 01:57PM

D&C 129, you silly.

You, Joseph Smith, and the other spiritualists know that. Inquiring minds and all. . .

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 03:25PM

One time in my teenage life, I thought I'd been left in a mine shaft to die, along with another girl. I mean, the lights of our "guides" went out, it was pitch black, and I heard all the rocks fall into the hole of the pit they'd slipped into and then... nothing. We called and called to them. No sign of life anywhere. I knew I could never get back out of the tunnel with no flashlight because we'd crossed over some really deep pits with rotted out boards covering them.

Luckily I was praying to godalmighty in my mind and all of the sudden, the lights came back on and by some miracle our "guides" were ok and were standing right by us. Freaky, huh?

Course, they were laughing their heads off that we'd fallen for it and they couldn't contain their laughter anymore when we were talking about how someone would come looking for us and see our car outside the entrance to the tunnel (with the "no trespassing" sign) and how we'd just have to sit still and talk and sing and wait. I never wanted to push someone down a mine shaft so badly in my life. But I needed them to get us out of there. God probably would have let us just rot and die.

Date: October 26, 2018 03:34PM

That reminded me of sort of similar tale!

When the Hacienda Hotel was built in Las Vegas, around 1960, it was the furthest outpost to the south on the Las Vegas Strip. Included in the building plan, for lord knows what reason, was an underpass going beneath a long one-story extension leading off from the main building. It was completely unmarked.

It quickly, and briefly, became 'something' to do... You'd load up your car with innocents and tell them there was this great thing to see at the Hacienda Hotel. Once you got there, you told them to close their eyes, then you'd accelerate towards the one story extension and at just the right moment, you tell your passengers to open their eyes and they would quickly comprehend that the car was about to crash into the building! There was no way to stop in time!!! Shrieks and squeals!!!

Then you'd go down and under and up, safe as a bug in a rug. I think that like so many unexplainable phenomena, timing, and perspective are key.

Date: October 26, 2018 03:43PM

Loved reading your thread, Valkyriequeen.

It's a fun topic and time of year to post.

:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.