Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 05:03PM

https://youtu.be/nZV1cc9qlKA
In our DNA.
I had my 23andme DNA test done and it came back 2.8% Neanderthal. When I tell people that they typically respond by saying G I would have thought you were a lot more than that or what I tell them that that's actually low for a European or an Asian or both somewhere between 2 and 4% Neanderthal so on average somewhere around 3% Neanderthal, cave man. They say oh no wonder my kids are so stupid haha .
What are the implications to you of the story told by our DNA
of being on average 3% Neanderthal, unless you are 100% African?
And up to an additional 5% Denisovan if you are Melenesian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curelom Joe ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 05:11PM

I've got nothing against Neanderthals. They were tough, strong, extremely enduring fellow humans. A female Neanderthal could just about have torn the arm off of an average modern man, and fossil evidence shows that they survived an awful lot of painful injuries, and cared for crippled and helpless tribe members.

So I don't object to having some portion of Neanderthal DNA at all.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 05:16PM

To me the
#1 implication is that we are all one.
#2 Is that we are all still 99.9% genetically identical, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, yet within that range there is up to 9% genetic difference between an African and an Aboriginal.
#3. So the purebred Homo Sapiens Sapiens were one of 4 species who overlapped.
#4. This brief moment between 30,000bc. And now, is tge only time in history when it came down to onecspicies of Homo Sapiens Sapiens, except us mongrels
Whise ancestors took a liking to cave men/womem who could tear a mans dick off and BBQ it for dinner before retiring to her cave to paint her last conquest on the walls of Lascaux. .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2018 05:27PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 08:15PM

Meanwhile, people like my TBM kin carefully, lovingly, preserve and pass down the highly fictionalized stories of our early Mormon ancestors.

As for the pre-Mormon ancestors or the lineages of those who were never part of the One True Church, well, nothing there's faith-promoting there so they can be ignored.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 09:11PM

Ancestry won't disclose whether you have Neanderthal or not.

That's something 23 and Me has over Ancestry. (Because of its Mormon connection et al Provo.)

Mine shows up to 4%. That doesn't seem unusual when your ancestry is wholly European. It was more surprising to me to find out there was no trace of sub-Saharan DNA in my genetic makeup.

Because of the Neanderthal, that is where freckles come from, and the Scottish/Irish red hair. And I only thought it was peculiar to Scotland, Ireland, Wales. Nope, it's from Neanderthal ancestry. (And hairy arms too!)

They lived 40,000 years or so ago. Not really all that surprising when you consider that our human roots run very deep in this old earth.

Posted by: Curelom Joe ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 03:38PM

One has learned that according to the latest research, no one on the planet today possesses Neanderthal mitochondrial DNA. Because that substance passes strictly from mother to daughter, then it follows that the only pairings that produced offspring were those between Neanderthal males and Sapiens females.

("He's a big dumb lug, kind of a caveman type; but I love him anyway, and he respects my intelligence.") ("Whenever there's a question I can't figure out, I ask her and she always know the answer! She's not as strong as my sisters but she's so smart.")

Additionally, the Neanderthal Y chromosome eventually disappeared, it's no longer to be found. Again it naturally follows that of those N-male + S-female offspring, only the females were fertile!

It's complicated. It must have seemed even more complicated to them, way back then.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.