Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 01:31PM

Well I just got home from Sunday School, Church and Lunch. Now I am sitting on my butt with my laptop in my lap. I feel a little under the weather today so I am not going to do too much for the next couple of hours. Debating on whether I want to go to church tonight since I am not feeling well but I will decided that in a little bit.

So what is everyone doing today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 01:57PM

I've written three different responses and then erased them, one by one.

So I'm going to dedicate this day to peace, harmony and a BBQ at Saucie's daughter's house.

But the being nice thing is just for this thread...

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 05:18PM

Didnt go to church today (again).
Didnt sleep well last night. Havent napped today. I hope I can sleep tonight.

I've done nothing all day. Still in my nightgown. Just watching tv, playing games on phone, fb and rfm.
Feeling kinda down today.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 05:38PM

lisadee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Didnt go to church today (again).
> Didnt sleep well last night. Havent napped today.
> I hope I can sleep tonight.

Hope you do too!
>
> I've done nothing all day. Still in my nightgown.
> Just watching tv, playing games on phone, fb and
> rfm.
> Feeling kinda down today.

I have days like that. My favorite phone game is Mahjong. I can play it for hours sometimes. It has the same effect as meditation. Well, almost.

Hope you feel better and rested ASAP.

Date: October 21, 2018 05:36PM

Housework.

Shopping.

Gassing up the car.

Getting ready for Monday.

Rinse.

Repeat.

I'm really enjoying my day off. It feels good to get at some things I'd been procrastinating for awhile.

Too cold to do yardwork. No harm in staying indoors. So much to do, so little time.

After watching two hours of Hoarders this morning, that got me motivated to clean. It works every time. I have the hoarding bug, so watching the show is therapeutic for me.

The best addition for helping me to organize my closet was adding a California Closet last fall. It has made a big difference in how I'm able to keep track of things, and sort easier. It was less expensive than had I paid someone to install a closet organizer from Home Depot or Lowe's, and I like it so much better.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 05:55PM

Amyjo:

You are such a sweet spirit.
I felt that and thank you.

Date: October 21, 2018 06:18PM

Ah, thanks Lisadee.

You just made my day. :)

((((Hugs))))

Posted by: Rolled tacos on a sunday ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 06:12PM

Had great seats at an exciting NFL game

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 06:25PM

Coffee in town with my friends (twice), getting some groceries and video chatting with my girlfriend....and soon....beer.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 07:00PM

I'm still learning to relax, without feeling guilty. I was raised to be a "Mormon busy bee", like my mother was. She made me feel worthless, if I wasn't helping others (mainly, helping her).

Human beings need to rest and recuperate--especially the brain. Reading, and even watching TV doesn't count as recuperation. We need to sit on the porch and watch the sunset, like older folks used to do. Enjoy your loved ones or pets, and laugh at their antics. We are free of that senior-mission looming on our future horizon! Most of us have to work for a living--let's not make the rest of life a chore.

My work has actually improved, now that I take the entire weekend to just play and putter around.

Lisadee, you are not alone. Get up and walk around between TV shows, and move your arms, and reach, and take deep breaths. Mild activity will help you sleep better, later on.

Computers can be "down." This is allowed, and the whole office stops, because of this. Human beings have a right to be "down", once in a while, too, to recharge. You might be getting a cold. When you need rest, you need rest, and that's all.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 06:25PM

Thanks,Exminion. Your words reminded me of how I used to believe

that if I wasn't working on something I was slouching. Yikes

what a horrid thing to believe when you're a kid. I'm so glad

I left the church.

Posted by: Curelom Joe ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 08:52PM

Every other Sunday morning, like today, I go to a local day spa and enjoy 45 minutes in a private steam room, sweating it all out, and inhaling the warm moist air. Then a good scrub under the rainwater shower. I did so today. Bliss and I feel great all day afterward.

Then as usual I came home, did some reading, wrote and sent some e-mails to loved ones, looked at the Internet, and thought about the week ahead. Spent some time outdoors in the gentle late-afternoon fall sunshine, just doing nothing.

A fine Sunday.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 21, 2018 10:25PM

Drank cider [soft]. Went to a pressing today and made (a lot) gallons of cider. Then spent more time in the outdoors.

Now I'm hoping to get back in that kitchen [and while finishing cleaning] to fix [Pasta de Chanterelle - and Lobster Mushroom Saucie] dinner (I don't know who broke it)
And pour that wine, and sit back down and see/ make what's in the net, on the tubes and/ or in the books. New reading material, see. Anyway...

Talk about relaxing.
No, do it! Or die.
I think I'll try-

M@t

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 12:50AM

Bath or Bed?
Bed or Bath?
Bath and Bed?

Posted by: Aussieblokesarebest ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 09:22AM

Worked like a dog.

What should have been a 12 hour shift, finished off being 16 hours.

Left the shop emotionally and physically drained.

Still WAY better than sitting for 3 hours in a dreary mormon church prentending to listen to speakers droning on about make believe nonsense.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 09:32AM

Wife and I went out Saturday night with another couple for dinner, tried a new Italian place -- it was delicious, and we shared two excellent bottles of wine between the four of us.

I still managed an 8:08AM tee time Sunday. Played with a couple of Korean fellows, they were good company and an enjoyable time was had by all.

Home by 12:45. Play with one daughter, help the other one with Calculus homework.

Napped while watching football.

Spent the evening playing games with the family.

A terrific day :)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 08:59PM

> I still managed an 8:08AM tee time Sunday.
> Played with a couple of Korean fellows,
> they were good company and an enjoyable
> time was had by all.

Gu shodt!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.