Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 07:40AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 09:11AM

Stating the obvious ?

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 09:17AM

Just because someone views things differently than you do doesn't mean that they're lies . If I choose to believe in something that you think is immature that is my right. To show respect for others sacred cows is good manners.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 09:24AM

PHIL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just because someone views things differently than
> you do doesn't mean that they're lies .

True.
However, since many of mormonism's claims can be shown false by ample evidence, that does make them lies. The general case you mentioned doesn't apply here.

> If I
> choose to believe in something that you think is
> immature that is my right. To show respect for
> others sacred cows is good manners.

It may be your right, but if what you believe is demonstrably false, and you try to impose it on others (as in mormonism), it's not "good manners" to show respect for it. It's reasonable to point out that it's false, and not give it any respect whatsoever.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 09:25AM

I ask you to consider that many of us have been gored by mormon sacred cows, therefore there is a certain total lack of respect for said cows. Think of it as political; as in the politics of life.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 09:34AM

PHIL
To show respect for

I'll show respect to the sacred cows of the members around me when they show me enough respect to quit telling other members that I'm a weak apostate who only wanted to sin.

Posted by: Mitch anderson ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 09:44AM

You can't have strange beliefs and than assume those who don't believe bare "sinning" and then expect those sinners to act friendly

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 10:03AM

PHIL Wrote:
> To show respect for others sacred cows is good manners.

Okay, what if one of MY sacred cows is the right to criticize freely? Are you going to give my sacred cow the same respect you demand for you own? See how that works?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 10:41AM

Phil, I have no respect for people who use phrases such as this to claim that their own peculiar beliefs are off limits from scrutinization which may lead to derision and even scoffing and laughter.

If you put it out there, you need to have the class to take the fall out.

Respect is earned and is no one's right.

And, if I hear one more time on this site, "If you don't like what I'm saying then don't read my post . . ." AAAAGGGGH!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 01:31PM

Agreed.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 01:32PM

without any basis in fact whatsoever.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 02:26PM

PHIL Wrote:
> Just because someone views things differently than
> you do doesn't mean that they're lies . If I
> choose to believe in something that you think is
> immature that is my right.

> To show respect for

so what kind of "respect" is it when MORmONS go around insinuating that beloved family members (you know -beloved family members and being able to associate with beloved family members being sacred cows of sorts) will be precluded in the next life unless certain special MORmON rites have been performed which also includes making payments to LD$ inc so that those rights can be properly performed ?

That is rhetorical question! LD$ Inc operates on filthy vile extortion. The kind of "respect" that people can do without !!!!
and that they only have a need for as they are dumb enough to be duped by the MORmON con job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i4HC3rZiDo

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 11:13AM

OK. I know where I am. Over the years ive posted here I have had some criticisms of Mormons and their culture.
Here in tuscalloosa Al I dont see Mormonism as being all that intrussive. You don't come to church you're left alone especially with very low percentages of HT or ministering.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 01:50PM

If this is a gage of church people respecting you I don't agree.

"you're left alone"

People made friends who want nothing to do with them after their loss of belief.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 12:39PM

If one adds up the out and out lies is there anything left to believe?

Date: October 23, 2018 12:42PM

Backed up with billions and billions of dollars.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 01:54PM

So many, many lies. Lies that do real damage. Damage that is on a continuum going on for generations and generations.

Damage that destroys lives, literally......murder, suicide, emotional upheaval, estrangement, shame, loss of livelihood, and on and on.

A need and demand to speak out? Yes, oh yes. To shout it, to scream it, to do whatever it takes.

Date: October 23, 2018 01:57PM

Once there was this Indian and he had some gold and he buried it and I think I can find it because I have a special rock...

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 03:20PM

In the sense that most of what we “know” about reality is preposterous made up lies. It’s just that Mormonism is falsifiable. The brethren let the church go, like Puss in Boots in Shrek. TSCC got fat and stupid and culty. No wonder people got hurt. The Q15 should be marched off to jail for malfeasance.

It’s not the BS that matters, it’s the attitude. Just because the world is built on BS doesn’t mean it’s bad. It’s awesome that it works as well as it does. God holds it all together and lets us think we have something to do with it.

The upward trajectory of current knowledge is a great thing for the world. BS is constantly being replaced by slightly less preposterous BS, which leaves religion in the dust.

Edit: What I mean is that the foundations are axiomatic, which aside from being logically consistent might as well be fairytales. The more likely case is that thinking monkeys simply can’t comprehend reality. So religious thought isn’t really such a bad option.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2018 03:28PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 05:43PM

Tell that to the mormons.
We know that.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 05:45PM

Pretty much, yup.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 06:28PM

Remember when David O. McKay borrowed the phrase, "What'ere thou art, act well thy part."

This means that they don't care if you're faking it when you pay, pray, and obey.

Because with all the rules that have to be obeyed to make it to the CK, every member is faking it...

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 07:19PM

It is much easier to make these rational decisions as an adult.

Children are cult indoctrinated since birth by TBMs, a failure of adults who should be responsible for their children rather than their cult.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 07:36PM

If Mormons didn't make such convoluted excuses when their claims are (even just) shown to be questionable or unsupported, I'd give them some slack ....

But, their excuses are so bizarre! Really folks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2018 09:37PM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.