Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 06:38PM

Thanks Amyjo! My family and I have had some pretty crazy things happen. What is kind of strange is that most of these things happened while we were active members of TSCC. When my husband worked swing shift, it was just our son and myself at home one night. We had two dogs who slept in the basement at night. We had just gone to bed, when all of a sudden, we heard a commotion going on in our basement! We both heard the family’s pc being thrown down, as well as what sounded like heavy books being thrown against the walls! One of our dogs was barking her head off and the other was silent. We crept down when the ruckus stopped and nothing was thrown or broken, our dogs were safe in their kennels and the pc was in its’ place on a little desk! Go figure!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 07:37PM

Okay, that would have me spooked as well. :)

When my kids and me moved into our home almost 20 years ago, we brought a medium sized terrier with us that had moved with us from New York City we'd had since he was a pup. By the time we moved into our 'forever' house he was a mature, older dog.

Our first night here we slept on the livingroom floor in our sleeping bags to qualify for a tax reduction through a county program. The deadline was that weekend. There was some weird vibe in the house we weren't aware of until that night. When the lights went out, there was a noise from the kitchen. It wasn't my kids or me that jumped. It was our dog that nearly hit the ceiling.

We became so spooked, that we all boogied back to our home where we were living before we closed on the house. The house we bought did have some bad vibes we learned after we moved in. The teenage boys were the neighborhood cat burglars. That was why the parents sold it when they did - out of embarrassment after their sons were arrested. We didn't know any of this until after we'd moved in when one of the neighbors told me about it.

Your noises sound like some kind of a poltergeist. That would've scared the bejeepers out of me.

Date: October 26, 2018 08:06PM

This isn't 'spooky' as it was uplifting when I came home really late one night from a night job I worked at for twelve long years.

It was in the dead of winter, like March. On a cold wintry night. The snow had fallen, but it was otherwise a still and quiet night.

My children were both away at college. As I was pulling into the driveway I felt really alone as the empty nest syndrome was just setting in. It was around midnight as I pulled into the driveway.

And there to greet me was a perfectly formed pair of large angel wings rising up out of my chimney. I felt an instant sense of calm and peace as I sat there in my car taking that picture in.

As I got out of my car, I stood for a few moments longer staring up at the top of my house. The pair of angel wings didn't move with the air or the breeze. It just stood still and motionless against the night sky. But it was a beautiful sight to take in.

I felt at peace smiling as I went into the house thinking that an angel was literally watching over me that night and my little home. It sent me a sign to let me know I wasn't alone.

:)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2018 08:27PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: AnonExmor ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 10:04PM

Oh yeah, I have one to share. When I was a TBM, my wife, and 5 children moved into a spacious 5,000 squar foot house. It was a mansion and really a great house. I got a great deal on the home, really like 50K below the value.

The ages of the children ranged from 1-12. About a year after moving into the house, the wife and I had our master bedroom on the main floor, with a room nearby for the baby. At 3:00am every morning the baby room light would mysteriously flip on. This went on for a year. Then we began hearing footsteps on the upper balcony, where the other bedrooms were.

Strange music could be heard, and when traced down, would stop upon entering the room where the music was. We could literally watch the door knob on our master bedroom closet door turn by itself, and the door open. Objects would fall over inexplicably. Things progressively got worse.

One evening I was sitting on the bed watching King of Queens, laughing, etc, the kids were getting ready for bed, when suddenly a hand lotion bottle sitting on the adjacent dresser launched off the dresser at me, as if someone threw it at me. One time when walking through the house and into the kitchen, I personally saw a hand size black spider looking creature drop down from the fridge and behind a cabinet desk - only to find there was nothing there.

My wife came home early one day, went to the fridge, the house empty, retrieved a juice bottle and began drinking. She said she heard heavy footsteps coming toward her, and pass by her, and on into the living room. She could feel a breeze as if something had passed directly in front of her. As the footsteps stopped in the living room - she heard a metallic sound binging off the walls. She left in fright, and had had enough.

The following Sunday after consulting my bishop, we fasted for a day, and then we had a Mormon exorcism in the lving room w/ everyone present. Oh it was grand site. I stood there, with my arm to the square, and in a loud GA voice, with full monotone Mckonkian effort, I cast the demon out of the house. Well that pissed it off, and things got worse.

My wife had to go to the hospital for an emergency (kidney stone attack), and I returned to the home, and I had the five kids sleep w/ me on the bed. That night at 3:00am, something powerful, jumped on the bed very hard and woke me up. I thought it was a child needing to go to the bathroom. I even heard, "daddy I have to go." I stumbled out of bed, and said, "honey I am right here let me turn on the light." As I entered the pitch black hallway, I felt two sets of hands touching me on the chest, and of course, I thought it was a child. I flipped on the light, and no one there. All children were fast asleep in the bedroom.

So yeah, I mean, people can say there are no ghosts, but we are ALL believers in ghost activity having witnessed 100's of phenomena over a 10 year period between the 7 of us. We moved. Yeah it was scary as hell. Never had any problems in any other homes, before or after.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 10:36PM

thats a good story AnonExmor ~

thx ~

Date: October 27, 2018 04:40AM

That does sound scary as he!!. Glad you were able to finally move.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR (Not logged in) ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 03:06PM

The entity in that might as well had yelled "Get out!" (Amnityville Horreresque). <Shiver>

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: October 27, 2018 06:54AM

I lived in a house with 3 other ladies. They were all believers in spirits, ghosts, demons, etc. They all heard strange things, footsteps when no one was there, faucets being turned on and off, voices when no one else was home, etc. One night shortly after I left, one of them heard voices in my room and doors slamming. I never heard or saw anything strange. They said when I moved out, all the strange stiff quit happening. What do you think about that?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 27, 2018 09:08PM

You should have charged them the price of an exorcism.

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: October 27, 2018 09:15PM

I should have! Maybe I'll contact them and demand payment. Lol

Date: October 27, 2018 08:39PM

Watch some MeTV tonight for a howling good time if you dare. If you don't have "MeTV," here's the program for this evening. From 1960,

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4d957j

;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2018 08:55PM by Amyjo.

Date: October 29, 2018 10:19PM

I watched "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" today on TMC. Am happy to say can watch it now and find some nostalgia there.

My parents took us to see it at the local drive-in theater when I was around 5 or 6 years old. It scared me so badly that I had nightmares for years to come from that movie. Even the song when it played on the radio would cause me to burst into tears as a young girl. Why our parents felt compelled to take their children to go see that with them I can only imagine. But I hid in the back of our station wagon, and that still didn't help. Maybe they thought we'd sleep or be distracted. Not so.

Now I actually don't mind watching it, and find it entertaining. Betty Davis and Olivia de Haviland gave extraordinary performances.

In those days general movies were not rated.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 02:28AM

My father died when I was 15. His final month was agonizing for all of us. A day or two after he died, (his funeral had not yet taken place; his body was still at the mortuary) something woke me from deep sleep.

I don't remember now why I felt that I had to go into what was now my mother's room, but I did. Our house was on top of a hill, where nobody else could look through the shoulder-high-to-ceiling window that crossed the far side of that room. My mother had left the Venetian blinds open, and bright moonlight was shining into the room.

I was not allowed to close the door to my room at night, and my parents seldom closed theirs. So, on that night, there was no need to worry about squeaking doors.

I walked quietly into the room where my mother now slept in the twin bed she had bought the same day as my father had died in the bed they had shared. Standing with one arm braced on the chest of drawers at one side of the bed was my father, looking healthy and serene. He didn't say anything, but somehow I got the message that he was well and happy, and to please tell my mother and grandmother that he was fine and he loved us all.
Then he told me to go back to bed and go to sleep, which I did.

I told my mother about it the next day. She became enraged and tried to hit me for lying. I blocked her swing. I tried again to tell her that Dad had TOLD me to give her this message, but she told me never to say these things again.

When I told my grandmother, who lived next door to us in a little cottage my Dad had built for her, her face became very serene. She said, "That's so like my sweet son."

I told my DH about this years ago. Over the course of my own departure from religious belief, DH asks me, "Do you still believe that your father visited you after he died?" Well, yes. I absolutely believe it. My father's presence was as real in that moment as the computer keyboard in front of me now. I don't even pretend to understand it.

Date: October 30, 2018 04:45AM

Oh my. You needed that message from your dad more than your mother did.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 04:26PM

Thanks, Amyjo. I never thought of it that way. I was just supposed to be the messenger, between him, Mother and Grandma.

I left out a few details. When I first saw him, I thought that maybe the final, hideous month had been an extended nightmare, and maybe Dad really WAS alive. I extended my arms and moved toward him for a reassuring hug.

He stepped back and put his hands up in a "No, don't touch me." sort of gesture. I have read since then that this behavior is very common in encounters between living people and those who have moved on. We aren't supposed to try to touch them.

I'm not way up there on the "woo" scale. I freely admit that this whole episode is beyond belief. But it happened. I haven't ever had any other "woo" experiences.

As I said before, I was only 15. I had never touched alcohol, and didn't even know yet what marijuana was, so I clearly wasn't under any kind of chemical influence. I have wondered too if maybe I didn't really wake up at all, and this was just a very elaborate dream.

I don't think so. I still remember sensory things like the fuzzy carpet under my bare feet, and the "new furniture" smell from the bed that my mother had just bought. I remember thinking about how the healthy pink had returned to Dad's cheeks, as opposed to the ghastly orangey make-up the undertaker had put on him, which I had seen only hours before.
(I had been very angry about that, but the undertaker struck me as slimy and creepy, and I didn't want to interact with him. Besides, my over-wrought mother was so volatile in those first days of violent grief that I never knew how she would react to anything I did.)

Our family wasn't given to talking about ghosts or spirits, or any other kind of "woo" stuff, so it's not like my mind was already prepared for such an experience.

I have tried, over the years (Dad died in 1962) to rationalize the whole thing away. But I can't seem to. One part of my mind says "You know that this could not possibly have happened." And another part says, "But you know that it did."

Date: October 30, 2018 08:38PM

I know what you mean. In the spiritual realm there is a 'rational' explanation for this, but one we aren't privy to.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 07:42PM

That's pretty neat that your dad knew that you probably needed the comforting assurance about him and that he is okay. It may sound crazy to a lot of people, but my parents came to my husband in a vivid dream one night and wanted to know how we were all doing. They looked young (like in their twenties) and my mom was very happy to see my husband (they had never met because my mom had died many years before I even met my husband.) We have their pictures in a photo album, but we hadn't even looked in the album for years.

Date: October 30, 2018 08:47PM

That is so awesome your husband had that experience. 2-3 months after my stepmom died I had a very vivid dream where I saw her in heaven. She was much younger in my dream than when I knew her. Radiant, happy, and exuding joy. She said to me that she now had everything she'd ever wanted.

When I relayed that to my dad later, he said, "Well, I hope she still wants me." He died six years later. Less than a year following his death, I dreamt he was in heaven singing in a heavenly choir the most beautiful song I'd ever heard sung. He'd been a singer as a younger man and even got to sing on public radio back in Boston during the 1940's, the years he lived near there. Best of all, in that dream, he was with my stepmother again.

Those were my signs from them they were in heaven and at peace. I didn't ask or pray for such signs, but was happy to receive them no matter.

Posted by: Halloween topper ( )
Date: October 31, 2018 09:35PM

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: October 31, 2018 10:44PM

I think I've posted this before, but what the heck...

Back in 1996, I had a dream that my best friend's dad visited me.
I was living in Atlanta, and both he and my friend lived in my
hometown, two hours drive a away. As I've posted here many
times, my extended family is toxic. This man served as father
figure to me at times. When I felt unwelcome in my own home,
he made me feel welcome in his.

Unlike most dreams, the details of which quickly slip away, I can
still remember this one vividly. He sat on the end of my bed and
talked to me about a number of things, encouraged me in some
things, and, all-in-all seemed satisfied with our conversation.

The next morning at work I received an email from a mutual
friend that the father had passed away during the night!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.