Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 12:42PM

too bad it wasn't made of gold....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 12:43PM

...and there's a sword in the trunk...

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 12:53PM

And a head.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 12:55PM

Not sure where you saw it, but I knew a few men named Nephi when I lived in the corridor.

Date: October 28, 2018 12:56PM

I bet all of them were born of goodly parents...

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 12:57PM

Something like that

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 01:24PM

In Utah? I believe it. We also confiscated a guys personalized plate "MERLOT",that he had for years, on his dark red Mercedes. Some mormon prig complained that he was promoting alcohol. In Utah, you can have anything religious on your plates (except SATAN) but anything that mormons can make it into something offensive gets 86'd.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 01:31PM

In their defense, they are indoctrinated to find hidden meaning in shit that has no hidden meaning.

I remember sitting through this one movie over 400 times wearing strips of white cloth and funny little hats with strings and doing weirdass chants and wandering around what would today be called a Chandelier sales floor trying DESPERATELY to find meaning where no meaning was to be found.

Ziontologists are funny.

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 01:42PM

LOL. Ziontologist

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 08:45PM

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 02:53PM

Mahonri Moriancumer wouldn't fit on the plate so they settled for Nephi.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 04:40PM

JRDSBRO would fit...

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 03:48PM

Does this mean I need a KORIHOR license plate ?

Seven letter maximum.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 05:05PM

...no. "Zelph."

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 09:08PM

You beat me to it, good for you!

Now, if I was a Utah resident, I'd object to KORIHOR, as it contains the word (w)hor, which is insulting to certain women. And, I presume, most General Authorities?

COJCOLDS is eight letters. Drop one of the O's?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 31, 2018 11:57PM

I'm seriously thinking about getting a license plate that says "RUXLDS2".

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 04:22PM

Could be something as simple as that is where the owner lives.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 09:15PM

If I was in UT, I’d get “MORMON”.

Should have recently become available, amiright?

Date: October 28, 2018 11:33PM

Apparently, you can't have SATAN, so now why would you expect Satan's favorite word to be available?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 28, 2018 11:35PM

Bought land from an uber TBM named Lorenzo....his brother was named Moroni.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 08:08PM

"Lorenzo" isn't specifically a Mormon name. My great-great-grandfather, Lorenzo Dow Young, was named after a Methodist preacher, Lorenzo Dow.

But, my newest nephew is now named Lorenzo. He joins the company of Ammon, Gideon, and Zyrie (another old family name), among others. And my oldest brother, who is named Coulson after another great-great-grandfather, Charles Coulson Rich.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 04:09AM

Why not celebrate King Moron, who ruled over the Land of Moron, right there in the Book of Mormon world, as recorded in Holy Scripture?

It is no lie! It should be given more exposure.

Would "King Moron" be too long for a vanity plate?

Is it really a VANITY plate, if you're calling yourself King Moron?

These are excellent questions, if I do say so myself. And I do say so. I am King Moron and it is therefore decreed throughout the Land of Moron that all scholars should be set to the task of answering these Moronic questions.

Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 07:40PM

Ether 11:14 And it came to pass that Ethem did execute judgment in wickedness all his days; and he begat Moron. And it came to pass that Moron did reign in his stead, and Moron did do that which was wicked before the Lord.

Ether 11:15 And it came to pass that there arose a rebellion among the people because of that secret combination which was built up to get power and gain. And there arose a mighty man among them in iniquity and gave battle unto Moron, in the which he did overthrow the half of the kingdom; and he did maintain the half of the kingdom for many years.

Ether 11:16 And it came to pass that Moron did overthrow him and did obtain the kingdom again.

Ether 11:17 And it came to pass that there arose another mighty man, and he was a descendant of the brother of Jared.

Ether 11:18 And it came to pass that he did overthrow Moron and obtain the kingdom; wherefore Moron dwelt in captivity all the remainder of his days, and he begat Coriantor.

Ether 11:19 And it came to pass that Coriantor dwelt in captivity all his days.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 31, 2018 09:40AM

When I was at BYU, the Elders Quorum President in our ward had "CTR" on his license plate. Now we were all TBM at the time, but that was even too much for us. But it fit this guy to a T.

We nicknamed him the AP, because that was what he was still trying to be. After the nickname took hold, this guy was recounting a mission story in which he mentioned that he was indeed the AP--obviously not a surprise.

I think it is a prerequisite for most APs to be phonies or pushy jerks. At that same BYU ward, I was the ward mission leader and the APs came over seeking referrals--in Provo and beyond. They wouldn't take no for an answer, when I wouldn't hand over the names and addresses of my apostate relatives! Their pushy approach didn't get them anywhere. I figured that I had done time for LDS Inc. in Germany and these guys had things way too easy anyway. Ugh...their grunt troop elders came over later and were nicer and got a referral to someone in the apartment complex.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: October 31, 2018 10:13AM

I live in Maryland - I've only seen two license plates with LDS themes. One with which read "KOLOB." Which probably wouldn't be too obvious to people outsid of Mormonism.
And I saw a plate that read "RULDS2"? Interesting attempt to have a missionary opportunity. I'll leave it at that...

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 01:05PM

Had a roommate in Provo who tried to get ‘HOLIRNU’ (holier than thou). It was disallowed...

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 03:40PM

I told my declined personalized plate story once 3 years ago (how time flies....etc) but here it is again.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1558503,1558548#msg-1558548

Posted by: readwrite-NLI ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 11:52PM

100 others wanted it - but they were too late. Other will have to settle for JSucks, Ih8tscc, LDStrife, MEmoron, and the like.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.