Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 05:15AM

If you ever have lived where a new temple is dedicated the members get all excited. The local church leaders go all out to butt kiss and impress the member of the first presidency that is to arrive.

So in Chile where President Nelson dedicated a new temple there, he canceled the big celebration the last minute and replaced it with a youth fireside. He told the kids to study and prepare for the temple. ZZZzzzz. What a party pooper! If you ever were involved in a temple celebration it's a ton of work. Someone went through a lot of time and effort to have President Nelson make it all for nothing. I can't think of a better way to symbolize the temple. A lot of work for nothing.

Thomas S. Monson would have showed up. Sat there and enjoyed the big celebration knowing people worked hard on it. They he would give a feel good talk and probably spend some time meeting the members who showed up.

Russ Nelson is above all that. He's going to show up like some arrogant college professor and give you an assignment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 07:18AM

Frivolous church names are out. It's time to be serious, sober, somber, solemn, staid, stoic and sedate, while somnambulantly striving for salvation with sepulchral sincerity and steadfastness.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 09:43AM

That guy is an epic train wreck for Mormondom. As creepy as Kimball and even more boring, if that's possible.

How do these guys at the top get so callous and self-absorbed? I honestly think Elijah would call down some heavenly fire upon them and their real estate empire.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 10:07AM

Not only the temple, "A lot of work for nothing," pretty much sums up the whole of Mormonism. All the wasted time. That was the worst of it for me. Beyond the lies, beyond the ego deflation of the indoctrination, all my efforts wasted while opportunity was irretrievably lost.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.