Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 31, 2018 12:50PM

The Church has seen the profit potential in their history. Using the successful pattern of showing historically based dramas in shows like this it will produce a series of its own.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNZiBo-AGAo/

They know there will be some controversy generated but hope people will take a historical perspective.
http://littlehouseontheprairie.com/historical-perspective-or-racism-in-little-house-on-the-prairie/

They intend to title it "Little Ho on The Mississippi" and use Helen Mar Kimball as their main character. It will be a series detailing the epic struggle for acceptance shown using the people involved in it like Zina Huntington Jacobs.

" “I made a greater sacrifice than to give my life,” said Zina Huntington Jacobs, “for I never anticipated again to be looked upon as an honorable woman.” "
https://www.lds.org/topics/plural-marriage-in-kirtland-and-nauvoo?lang=eng

Disclaimer: this is a spoof.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 02:54AM

if there is anything that is good and /or popular then LD$ inc and their MORmONS want to find a way to take credit for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm9DYm8RVz8

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 12:12PM

smirkorama Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if there is anything that is good [or BAD] and /or popular [or Unpopular] then LD$ inc and their MORmONS want to find a way to take credit for it
>

They wouldn't know polygamy if it were reversed (right ladies?).

Date: November 01, 2018 01:52PM

moremany Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They wouldn't know polygamy if it were reversed

They might. It would make women more powerful than men - one woman and multiple priesthood holders for her to influence. She could effectively take over a quorum or two of power.

Posted by: c ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 05:06PM

Technically, Joseph married women who were already to married to their husbands. I had no idea about polyandry in the church until a couple months ago, although it would be interesting to see how that would've played out irl.

Date: November 01, 2018 05:57PM

Technically Henry Jacobs was the only one with any evidence that he knew about the marriage and he was one of the very few Mormon husbands of the wives of Joseph Smith. I don't know this information for sure but I think it is correct. Mostly, the husbands weren't aware they were polyanderers.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 04:57PM

God, I hope they never actually do anything like this. Can you imagine how sterilized their depiction would be? All the women would be fawning simpletons with no discernible personalities, all the men godlike statues of morality.

I'd like to produce my own historical drama, where Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, et al are played by drag kings (women dressed as men) and all the women are played by drag queens (men dressed as women). THAT I would watch, and I would make my Mormon family watch it just to see their heads explode.

Posted by: c ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 05:07PM

I would gladly sell my farm and all my belongings to fund this

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 06:19PM

Now taking donations; if you give me all your money, I'll let you "borrow" 116 pages of the script. Oh, I'll need your wife as well.

Date: November 01, 2018 05:57PM

That would be a fun Broadway Show!

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 05:22PM

Big Love 19th Century style.

It would be fun for another producer to pick up on the Nauvoo period though...those were some crazy times.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 06:34PM

"Two for You in Nauvoo"

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 06:53PM

title:

"Seven brides for One Brother"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.