Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 04:32PM

Going back to Nelson's comment from his "unleashed" interview, he is quoted “We're witnesses to a process of restoration,” said the prophet. “If you think the Church has been fully restored, you're just seeing the beginning."

So doesn't this give credence to the idea that the church went down the wrong road and Nelson is there to set it right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2018 04:32PM by messygoop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 04:38PM

No, but it does give credence to the idea that they're all making stuff up as they go along. So...they're all wrong, and none of them are right.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 05:55PM

Is he going to restore the power Jesus had to kill people with a look for not paying all they were perceived to owe him (tithing)?

Date: November 06, 2018 05:56PM

Adam-God?
Blood Atonement?
Polygamy?
The Council of 50?
Dannites?

The mind reels at what Rusty wants to restore.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 07, 2018 01:40AM

But as your list indicates, for about the past 100 years, much of the emphasis of the leaders in the 20th and the 21st centuries has been to UNDO and DELETE things that were supposedly "restored" to earth in the 19th century.

I've seen nothing but undoing and deleting in the Mormon church in my lifetime. I haven't seen anything significant being added or restored, TBH.

Five Points of Fellowship: deleted
Adam-God doctrine: deleted
Oath of Vengeance: deleted
Active practice of polygamy: deleted
Temple penalties: deleted
Use of the seer stone: deleted
Prophetic translation: deleted
Prophesying: deleted
Doctrine of eternal progression: semi-deleted/status uncertain

Add to that many programs that have been deleted and substituted by nothing.

Date: November 07, 2018 12:25PM

Wally Prince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen nothing but undoing and deleting in the
> Mormon church in my lifetime. I haven't seen
> anything significant being added or restored,
> TBH.

What about combining High Priests with Elders? Is that deleting or combining as in added something that wasn't there before?

Date: November 07, 2018 02:14PM

two separate and distinct things have now been reduced to only one thing.

Date: November 07, 2018 03:09PM

Are all High Priests now Elders again?

Date: November 07, 2018 08:22PM

no longer have a separate quorum at the ward level. They will just join with the Elders Quorum for meetings/activities and such.

It's obviously another downsizing measure. Not enough Milky Z. Duck priesthood holders in many wards to keep up appearances for two separate quorums.

The ward-level "Seventies" office and quorums were abolished several years ago.

For all practical purposes this looks like the abolishment of the "High Priest" office for any purpose other than to make Bishopric members feel like they're more special than ordinary Elders.

Date: November 09, 2018 12:34PM

"For all practical purposes this looks like the abolishment of the "High Priest" office for any purpose other than to make Bishopric members feel like they're more special than ordinary Elders."

Thanks. This is what I was wanting to know.

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 06:09PM

Whenever something starts careening down the track and looks to be out of control, people start to ask, 'what happened!?' Thankfully at this stage of human progress, there will be plenty of video evidence available to hopefully reconstruct just exactly when, where and how Rusty Nelson screwed the pooch.

What gets me is how all the true blue Mormons are totally ignoring all the references by any and all prior church presidents regarding what a lovely word Mormon is, because, because -- Well, I don't really know why! How do they do it?!

Sure, one can see how one would desire the approval of the current One and Only Most Humble Servant of the lord, and those who serve him, and also, the now slumbering in their graves prophets are now so completely silent!

That's as close as I can come to explaining the complete lack of consideration today's devout Mormons are giving to Rusty's Revelation, in terms of how out of whack it is with Mormon history. Apparently true believing Mormons have all agreed that Rusty is infallible, as in every word that proceedeth over his tongue, past his teeth and lips and out the pie hole is the word of ghawd.

And currently, that word is, "Don't say or write the word 'Mormon' because it pisses Jesus the Christ off like you wouldn't believe!" And of course, no devout Mormon wants to piss off Jesus, or even Rusty!

So along comes an ignorant atheist Mormon asking, "'Ere now, what's up with that, cor blimey! How is it then, mate, that Joe Smith, Bring'em Young, Johnnie Taylor, Willie Woodruff, Lorenzo Snowday, Joe F'n Smith, Heber Jebers Grant, Georgie Albie Smith, Davey Oooo McKay, Joe no-hit/good Fielding Smith, Harry Beegees Lee, Spencie KWimball, EZ t-Ball Benson, Howie Honey Hunter, Gordo B. Whinckley and Tommy Smonson never got any such word from Jesus in heaven? Eh? How come? Cor, what's wrong with me logic, I asks?"

Well, it's a fair question, but devout Mormons do not dare to ask it, even of themselves!! Because the logical answer is that Rusty done pullllllled it, slowly and tenderly, outten' the hole in his garments.

But here's a thing! Devout Mormons have had practice ignoring logic and experience!!

There was that little thing about Blacks being cursed for their lack of bravery and commitment in the lovely days gone by of the pre-existence...you know, the war, where 1/3 of the host of heaven were cast out, and the less plucky to-be-born-Blacks all agreed, 'Yes, we were less valiant, so we deserve the cursing."

And now Mormons don't talk about it anymore. It's like it never happened!! Even though it's in Mormon sacred text and all over the internet, or as we say in Canadian-English, eh?, Satan's Information Super Highway!

So if Mormons can ignore 149 years of institutional racism, well then pretending that 16 prior Grand Poobahs had it wrong about the ugly, defaming word 'Mormon' is no biggie. And I bet the majority of them know that when Rusty cashes in his chips, the next Grand Poobah will chart his own path. I hope the next one takes us back to full long john garments, wrist to neck to ankles! Yeah!

Oh, it's good to be the king!

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 11:36PM

Mormon Language: “If you think the Church has been fully restored, you're just seeing the beginning."

English Translation: "I have some more shit I want to try on you simpletons."

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 11:54PM

Hah!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 07, 2018 12:38AM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 07, 2018 01:54AM

Or just "devolution."

Date: November 07, 2018 02:36AM

He doesn't have a functioning seer stone.

He never talked to Jesus and Heavenly Father in the woods.

He never translated any ancient scriptures.

His "priesthood authority" traces back to a prophet (Brigham Young) whose doctrinal innovations have all or virtually all been repudiated by subsequent leaders and leadership councils.

Why would any sane person think that any "impressions" (i.e. Mormon fancy talk meaning "thoughts") that Nelson gets in his mind are closer to reflecting the will of the creator of the universe than their own impressions/thoughts?

The authority claims of the Mormon leaders have always been extremely dubious. But after so many reversals, changes, mistakes, boo-boos, scandals and colossal screw-ups (such as the Hoffman affair), it baffles me that any Mormon still takes these guys seriously as "prophets, seers and revelators."

It just takes human gullibility to an extreme that I did not want to believe is possible.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: November 07, 2018 02:42PM

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 11:28AM

The problem with that way of thinking in my mind is as follows:

When the prophet receives a revelation, declares doctrine, or sets policy (whatever you want to call it!), the members line up and follow--regardless of any misgivings they have about it. But what happens if you disagree?

Do people who vehemently disagree have to get excommunicated in the meantime, or just wait for God to kick his prophet in the backside? What if I'm right about what is true before the prophet and his friends get around to it? Do I have to waste my life waiting for them to get it?

It just becomes the church of what the last guy said. It doesn't stand for anything other than following the person currently in charge.

When they say the current prophet cannot lead you astray, it's just a tautology. The prophet cannot lead you astray. What is astray? Not following the prophet. Whiskey, Tango Foxtrot!

I'll put a finer point on it. The current prophet says do not kill. But a later prophet says to kill all disbelievers. What is true? What is right? How would you know that the later one is not leading you astray by suggesting this highly immoral, illegal and stupid action? There's no anchor there.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 11:42AM

As has been stated above, there are many things that have been conveniently thrown under the bus.
1) Take for instance the Gathering of Israel, this is suppose to mean we get rid of the boarder wall and let all the poor be able to clammer in to temple Square for free stuff.
2) Then there is the law of consecration and communism, which is that Mormons (and the Mormon hierarchy of 70s and the 12) are suppose to give up their 401ks, all their farms and real estates, vacation homes, and deed it to the "corporation of the president" and subleased to the deserving poor, and everyone is to live communally, with love in their hearts for each other in some hippy paradise.
3) and how about the priestesshood, mormons are suppose to have deconnesses and profitesses,
4) there is suppose to be polandry as well.

All this is suppose to be restored :^)

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 02:01PM

The restoration of the 2 hour block. I never thought I'd live to see it.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 12:52PM

No. It was all a big hoax/con anyway. Snuffer tries to go back to the fraudster restoration pig Joseph to see if he can get find the moments where the church went wrong by men rather than say the whole thing was shit show from the very beginning at its foundation. Plus, Snuffer claims to have seen Jesus, the second comforter which is horse shit but brings some people hope the "I want to believe" X-files yearning for it to be true.

I don't think he saw any such thing as a spiritual being come to him. There is no viewing beyond the veil. People feel all kinds of emotions and say it is real.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.