Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 06:09PM

When I was losing my testimony after the shelf of sexual predator Smith caused my view of "The Restoration" become "The Restroom" even before holy toilet cleaning was implemented I decided that I would go to Sacrament Meeting sitting with my family and then leave. I did that for about a year. It was all I could tolerate. Boring but I could still sit through it without grabbing the Cheerios I found and throwing them at people I found insupportably boorish in the devotion to a what was rapidly congealing into my understanding of a cultish sham built on a poor family's scam.

It was semi-comfortable. Any mention of Smith incensed me but as long as there was Jesus I could barely make it through that hour.

At the time I thought of all the Mormons I had known who only did that little over an hour of Mormonism. I wondered if I could go the distance with it. I couldn't but I tried the 1 hour block.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 06:20PM

The MORMON church needs to trade in their chapels for bowling alleys. Seriously!

Think it through! Money makers during the week, especially using 'missionaries' as workers, so no salaries, no taxes, no workers compensation, etc.

Then closed to the public on Sundays and each family unit, single or whatever, cruises in, pays something on their tithing, bowls a line, reads the messages on the scoring computer and scoring screen, partakes of the Sacramental Chips and Salsa, all the time really enjoying themselves! You're in and out in one hour, tops! And maybe win a trophy!

It would be a worldwide chain of Sacramental Bowls.

Date: November 06, 2018 06:27PM

I like it. I had thought of 1-hour photos but bowling is so much better. My idea was you have a meeting while the church processes your photos like this place.

https://www.1hourphoto.com/

And in the process you get the prints but the church keeps all your photos and uploads them to their genealogy site.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: November 06, 2018 07:09PM

this is why neither of y'all will never be the Head Prophet of Mormondum ~

because you too much funn ~

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 07, 2018 09:24PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... in the process you get the prints but the
> church keeps all your photos and uploads them to
> their genealogy site.

Oh they call it a genie-allogy site huh?

Posted by: baaaaadam5 ( )
Date: November 07, 2018 01:43AM

I used to draw a lot to get through all the sacraments growing up, I do remember that much. I was a big fan of the mega man video games and used to draw the bosses of the games.

Date: November 07, 2018 05:13AM

"... as long as there was Jesus..."

Were you looking at de program/ listening to the forced closing player?

You could find Jesus inside your head if you wanted to.

It's not like he's hiding in a Mormon church somewhere.

I find Jesus in music... and in silence, and everywhere.

You may find Him-Her anywhere but there, in any hour.

M@t

Date: November 07, 2018 12:16PM

moremany Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Were you looking at de program/ listening to the
> forced closing player?

No, actually his pictures in the hall. I clung to him though there was nothing approximating worship of him in Sacrament Meeting. Sometimes there was a shout out to Jesus for the holidays. I liked some musical numbers.

But alas, I lost Jesus as my testimony failing promoted a serious self reflection on my beliefs. I discovered Jesus was a cover for all the goodness I had attributed to Mormonism; a goodness that just didn't exist. I had believed yet another lie - that Mormonism was another testament of Jesus Christ.

Jesus died. Nothing else needed to be said. No returning. No redemptive acts of faith required.

Date: November 07, 2018 09:34PM

I never found Jesus in Mormonism either.
He was probably stuck in the BoM at the last minute.
Probably added to prayers after a century of absence.
Certainly not allowed ANY prominent role or mantle.

M@t

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: November 07, 2018 10:03PM

I just skipped to the good old 0-hour block.

Posted by: c ( )
Date: November 07, 2018 10:26PM

I have been going to just sacrament meeting for about 6 months now. When we heard about 2 hour church, my tbm mom thought it was a "blessing" because I had been skipping my other classes.

As a result of me not going to church, girls from my YW showed up at my house multiple times and gave me soda, brownies, and a bracelet once. I'll take the stuff, but I'm not going back. This is a real tactic cults use to get people to feel important in the church called "love bombing"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bombing

It's a good read, and although mormonism doesn't seem like a cult on the surface, it definitely is once you look into the facts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.