Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 10:46AM

she is hospitalized & in pain.
At her advanced age she could easily develop pneumonia.

Oh - Oh

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 11:04AM

Oh that is terrible. I wish her well.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 11:13AM

Poor thing. Hopefully she will get some rest and make a good recovery.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 01:27AM

She more than deserves to retire, but I hope she doesn't, anytime soon. We don't need another hyper-conservative on the Supreme Court bench. As long as the Orange One is in the White House, he will keep nominating right-wing boot-lickers, and we don't need more of them. RBG is, and has been, one of the voices of sanity in the Supreme Court.

I admire her very much, and wish her a successful recovery.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 11:21PM

I thought liberals were against bigotry and hate.

Orange One (judging by color of skin)

right-wing boot lickers

Seems like instead of name-calling, you might try making comments of substance instead of hate.

I'm surprised the moderators allow hate speech here. Guess it's okay if politically correct.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 11:28PM

You would never engage in hate speech, right?

Posted by: Cheezus. ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 02:13PM

We all know how good priesthood blessings are.... to for the blessing RBG. And if it doesn’t work....it’s her. Just speaking truth.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 02:38AM

Fractured ribs are painful. It hurts to breath, move and a sneeze or a cough about sends you through the roof. Not fun when you are young and healthy. I imagine it really sucks when you are old and have other problems.

Old people fall but also falling can be a sign of other health problems. I wish Justice Ginsburg well.

Posted by: old ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 02:08PM

She is about the same age as the 15 and her opinions mater just as much.

Date: November 09, 2018 02:16PM

Unless you live in the United States or, in some cases, on Planet Earth, in which cases her opinions matter immensely.

Date: November 09, 2018 02:44PM

Everyone has an opinion.Her opinion only matters more than mine because of politics and money.

Date: November 09, 2018 03:08PM

She is a supreme court justice. The supreme court's opinions determine whether laws, executive orders, and judicial decisions take effect or are overturned.

So there's that.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 03:14PM

old Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone has an opinion.Her opinion only matters
> more than mine because of politics and money.

This is not true.

Her opinion--which does indeed matter more than yours when it comes to these kinds of matters--is given this authority and power because it is part of the Constitution of the United States of America.

The office she holds, which gives her this kind of power (in addition to the underlying details, such as her past legal education and experience, and the license she was granted to practice law), was specifically designed by the Founders of our country to be a check (in an overall "check and balance" intentional design) on the other two branches (Executive and Legislative) of our country's government.

Each of the three branches is designed to "check and balance" each other, with the explicit intention of its designers that no one person (or small group of persons acting together as a cabal), and no one branch of government, can become a dictator in our national life.

Date: November 09, 2018 03:31PM

Like i said politics and money.You may want to consider what you need every day.Water and food,electricity,phone,heat? blue collar workers control all of these.People are in place. just say when.

Date: November 09, 2018 03:35PM

Did you mistakenly post this here? It seems like it may have been composed for Elder Berry's conspiracy thread.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 04:08PM

...at some point in the near future, she will be retiring. Whether you like, or dislike her, and the rulings she has been involved in, matters little for her now. Time waits for no man, (woman), and her physical condition is catching up with her....like it will for all of us. We will fall and break 3 ribs.

Date: November 09, 2018 04:09PM

Awesome.

Thank you, Karl!

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 11:46PM

If Ginsburg dies, Trump gets to replace her with a new justice who will likely be at the opposite end of the political spectrum than she is. If she dies in the next six years or so, her predecessor will likely spend the rest of their life, un-doing her life's work. She can keep running, but she can't hide. If she is lucky, she can wait it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 11:47PM by azsteve.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 10, 2018 03:48PM

According to FB she has been released from the hospital and is doing well

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: November 10, 2018 05:01PM

What seems to worry so many is that Roe vs. Wade might be overturned.
Being pro-choice myself I really don't think so.

Even conservative judges have wives, mothers, sisters,friends who influence.
Plus their own constitutional reasoning powers.

Date: November 10, 2018 07:06PM

The courts aren't going to overturn R v W, but they will eat away at the right around the edges.

Elections have consequences. Especially when the executive outsources the identification of candidates to an organization, the Federalist Society, that asks explicitly about abortion.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.