Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 01:30PM

President Nelson has declared that he has received divine special celestial feelings, and the Book of Mormon will soon be officially renamed.

Nelson claims that he has received a revelation from on high, and the holy scripture previously known as THE BOOK OF MORMON will henceforth and forever more be known as:

THE BOOK OF ANCIENT AMERICANS VISITED BY JESUS CHRIST

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 03:56PM

......that deal like the dumb ass at the gym who decides that his nickname should be Rocky, but everybody really refers to him as that DUMB ASS (who thinks he is) Rocky.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 10, 2018 12:13AM

“Yo, Adrian”
“It’s Wendy”

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 10, 2018 12:28AM

It should be called "The Book of Jesus Christ" or something like that.

It makes no more or less sense to call it the "Book of Mormon" than it does to use the "Mormon" label to refer to the COJCOLDS and it's members.

Logically, if Nelson's reasoning is to be applied consistently, the Book of Mormon MUST be renamed along with everything else.
In fact, based on Nelson's reasoning, it would be VASTLY MORE IMPORTANT to rename the Book of Mormon as the "Book of Jesus Christ" than to rename the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

The problem: All 16 predecessors in the position of Prophet, Seer and Revelator never saw any problem with the name as it is. If Nelson changes it, he's essentially announcing that all of the predecessors were not as inspired as they thought they were.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 10, 2018 12:34AM

Invasion of the Jewish Sailors

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 12, 2018 08:45AM

Someone needs to anticipate every permutation of every part of Mormonism that might have its name changed to get rid of the term "Mormon", and trademark and/or copyright those names, so that the Mormon church can not use them. Cut off the escape routes for the cult, so they are left without any names to use at all, if they get rid of the name Mormon. The last I heard, state of Utah has name protection. Many states such as Arizona do not have name protection. So in Utah, the state and not the aggrieved party will prevent someone from using a protected name. Here in Arizona, I can add an "s" (plural) to your business name and register it with the state as my business name. When that happens, the only way to stop that is for the original business to file and win a civil (and expensive) lawsuit against the other business. In Utah, the state would not issue the name to the second filer, and would use the legal authority of the state, to stop the illegal use of the name.

Interestingly, my temple name issued to me by the mormon church in the temple is (believe it or not) "Mormon". Maybe that name belongs to me and to everyone else who went to the temple that same day, and as used by the church on multiple other days at different temples around the world over the years. So what name should I expect to hear at the last day? I can see Nelson standing at the perly gates next to Gabrial, and and correcting Gabrial by saying "no not Mormon, we do not recognize that name". Good thing it's all bullshit anyway.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 08:53AM by azsteve.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: November 13, 2018 12:06AM

I think it should be called the book of Moroni because I think he did more of the writing than Mormon. More importantly, Moroni was the only one to record sacred not secret ordinances in a book that was supposed to be about sacred matters. Mormon kept getting distracted due to his obsession with war.

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: November 13, 2018 01:49PM

The Book of Joseph Smith

Obvious, isn't it?

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 14, 2018 01:19AM

The Book - about nothing [but (fictitious) killing killing killing]
Not worth a ponder or a pander, That NEVER EXISTED.
That leads you nowhere but straight down to "HELLo,
You've reached The MMMormon 'church', How can we hurt you?"

In short, the "boMb" [book of Mormon's bs]

Or, "Joseph Smith's Belittling Book on the Joking Jackel's Hoaxing, Hacking and To Hell Going [impractical] Journal (and lack of imagination and truth telling)"

Also known as, "Moroni's Manly Master Manual 'on Probation'"

The problem isn't in the name. The problem is in the game.
(People don't want games! Excuses. BS. Scams. Whatever.)

That books GREATEST problem is in it contents, AUTHOR, and relationship to ANYTHING GOOD, useful, authentic, or REAL in this world... or in anything to come, and is by no means anymore useful than the blank pages it is (mis?)printed on, and at a fraction of the cost. Book of mormonites [combo-quad] = $80.

Notebook: FREE, or cheap, and you can make your own [or read a good one, like "Walden", or "Life In The Woods"(?), by Henry David Thoreau, for example, or Mark Twain's, "Life On The Mississippi", or make your own, damn it (like a river), or I'll send you one (I occasionally, and I can't stress occasionally enough, but I will make-shift books, blank or prank, and even thank, I think [I mean I think I thank]; anyway)

Write your own book.
You'll get more out of it.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.