Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: piehiddly ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 03:26PM

How many immigrants in the "caravan" are Mormons heading to Salt Lake City to be close to Zion? Could be at least a couple of them :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Piehiddly ( )
Date: November 08, 2018 10:55PM

What happened here? I posed the question on whether there were Mormon converts in the immigrant caravan coming to Salt Lake City. I saw earlier that it had six replies. Now, there’s none. I should have elaborated my first post by saying that maybe Rusty Nelson is trying to boost the numbers of his failing flock. Ah well, too controversial for this page. Such is life.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 09, 2018 12:23AM

There was some fairly offensive racism in a few of the replies. I think that is where the trouble arose.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 01:06AM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were Mormons in the Caravan. And in the ones coming after it, too. They probably think that if they can reach Salt Lake City, everything will be all right because it's "Zion". I remember thinking when I was a desperate teen convert in New England, that if only I could get to "Zion" then everything would be okay. Zion has a ring of magic to it.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 01:38AM

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 03:25AM

When the caravan is finally all bunched up at the border, on either side, the church will have a great missionary opportunity. They should bus in extra missionaries.

Date: November 11, 2018 01:25PM

The missionaries had better be careful, though, since some national politicians have assured us that there are Moslem terrorists in that caravan.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 02:59PM

Make everyone crossing the border pet a baby piglet.

Date: November 11, 2018 03:04PM

Now that's the kind of practical wisdom that keeps me coming back to RfM!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 09:53AM

What caravan ? It seems to have disappeared.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 12:13PM

If I recall correctly, restitution is a requirement for repentance. So for example, if you steal something, you must replace what you stole before God will forgive you for the theft. Of the mormons in the caravan who were under no danger in their homeland and who are truly economic immigrents (who don't really qualify for asylum by law), I wonder how many of them will lie to the immigration authorities and to judges to qualify for asylum. Of those people, I wonder how many of them will later get temple recommends, without ever repenting (and replacing what they stole in to) for their lies by renouncing their asylum and returning to their homeland. The church sees violations of immigration laws more like a traffic ticket (no big deal). I guess it is okay to make up your own morality as you go, without regard to principles or legal statutes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.