Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 13, 2018 12:53PM

"I guess that means I'm in the sinking generation. I'm just very comfortable with the idea of getting offstage and being less visible." ~ Marlin K. Jensen

And why doesn't this apply to the Big 15?

"All of which makes him admire and respect the members of the church's First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles even more, because for them there is no emeritus status to which they can look forward.
"I pray even harder for those good men who don't get any respite and whose burdens are relieved only by death," he said. "Thankfully they are borne up by the Spirit and the Lord blesses them in extraordinary ways, although I’m not sure that any of us can really appreciate and understand the burden they carry, many of them well into their advanced years.” "
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865563554/Emeritus-general-authorities-welcome-the-chance-to-practice-what-theyve-preached.html

Of course "they are borne up by the Spirit" so they can wield power in their dotage if they come to that. Because we all know how Monson was borne up by the spirit his last couple of years.

The hypocrisy of the emeritus status astounds me. It is no different than literal royalty where death is the only exit from their power.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: November 13, 2018 01:05PM

Mormon Royalty at temple square is a lot like British Royalty, Nelson is like 95 right?

Consider the royal burden the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have to go through. She actually has to show up once a year to the opening of the house of lords, and then deliver a tv message at Christmas (similar to how the GA's do it). Then the tax payers retired her royal yacht, the Royal Britanica, and queen lamented that more than any other injustice that has face the human race. She didn't leave her room for 5 years or something to punish the commoners... boohoo!

Now for the rest of us who have to work for a living in drudgery we can expect that our life expectancy will be 30 years younger. And our food is all processed and cheap.

Date: November 13, 2018 01:09PM

anono this week Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And our food
> is all processed and cheap.

IKR?

Shit rises to the top? Maybe it is a good thing that old shits sit in their tops spots than younger ones. Bednar...shudders.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 13, 2018 02:44PM

their schedules and comings and goings.

If they don't feel like doing [fill in the blank], one of the counselors or junior apostles can fill in...or the thing can be cancelled or rescheduled under some pretext or another.

I doubt that they're put in situations where they're killing themselves from overwork (obviously). They're doing what they always dreamed of doing, ever since they first aspired to be big shots and celebrities in the Church hierarchy.

Spend a couple of hours a day telling underlings to handle stuff and then go home and take a nap. It's not like they're actually monitoring everything 24/7.

Much of what they do, they can do in their pajamas with a couple of phone calls.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 13, 2018 03:16PM

From what I can tell from people that have worked with church leaders is that they have several days a week for themselves, families and hobbies. A church institute director [CES] told us peon-students about his experiences with Tom Perry. Apparently, Perry really enjoyed his golf on Mondays. So much so, that he liked to entertain a bunch of CES people on the greens when they were in SLC for weekly trainings. He told us that Perry became very annoyed when these CES minions tried to talk "church" on his day off. I think they were asking about the Second Coming or something that excited members during the 1990's. "Brethren, don't talk church to me on my day off. I am entitled to time away from church duties. Now let's play golf!"

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 13, 2018 06:28PM

messygoop Wrote:

> He told us that Perry became
> very annoyed when these CES minions tried to talk
> "church" on his day off. I think they were asking
> about the Second Coming or something that excited
> members during the 1990's. "Brethren, don't talk
> church to me on my day off. I am entitled to time
> away from church duties. Now let's play golf!"

How trite !!!! coming from an executive leader and prime benefactor of a SCAM, a foul vile CULT, and a criminal enterprise that poses as a supposed religion, that insisted on having its authoritarian @$$ jammed into my face every possible second in order to maintain it power and control over me.

How trite!!! coming from a figure head of an organization that insisted on infusing itself into and permeating and dominating EVERY thought and every aspect of my life to suit its own greedy devious blood sucking purposes.

How Trite !!! coming from someone who has taken upon themself the sacred title of "apostle" and the charge of being a witness for Christ .....truly MUCH MUCH MORE of an ASSpostHOLE !!!

Date: November 15, 2018 11:00AM

"Now let's play golf!"

"Let's go shopping!"

The prophetic words of these poor men stuck atop a pyramid scheme involving billions of dollars.

Thus sayeth their lord.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 04:22AM

Didn’t Monson’s brain take early retirement?

Yeah, what a burden taking millions of people for a ride.

Date: November 16, 2018 10:52AM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
> Yeah, what a burden taking millions of people for
> a ride.

I could never do it. Social Darwinism would never let my personality rise high enough to be such a destroyer of the human spirit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.