Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 14, 2018 11:18AM

Just read on KSL that the first presidency of the Mormon church has reaffirmed the church's policy to allow local leaders to sexually abuse children by upholding Sam Young's excommunication.

Why am I bitter over this issue? I found out several months ago a family member had tried to kill themselves over what happened in their interviews. Thankfully their parents pulled them and the entire family from the church and the family member received help from a legitimate counselor and is doing much better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 12345 ( )
Date: November 14, 2018 02:39PM

Furthermore, Sam was informed of the denial of his appeal only verbally, by his SP, in a VERY bizarre exchange:

https://invisiblescubit.wordpress.com/2018/11/11/appeal-response-zombies-in-our-midst/

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 11:04AM

Wow. Sam's words are so full of truth, "I now have a clear picture that the LDS church is capable of turning a good man into a mindless zombie. A will-less robot following instructions from his Mormon masters...Nothing Christ-like whatsoever."

It's so amazing when you look at it from the outside in. Especially when you've been out of it and living in the real world for a couple of decades. It's so very sad what a world of mindless zombies it really is.

But Sam, if you read this, your final sentence brought tears to my eyes. I know that it won't deter your determination to protect the children. Sometimes in order to protect children from sexual abuse, you have to be willing to be looked down on by people who do not want to admit that the abuse and possibility of more is there. You lose people close to you. But we have to be the voice for those who do not have one.

"Bless the beasts and the children, for in this world they have no voice. They have no choice." That Karen Carpenter song plays through my head a lot. I have to sing it to myself sometimes to reaffirm my resolve to protect those who have no voice. Thank you for working tirelessly and for putting EVERYTHING on the line, including the possibility of a healthy life, to prevent others from having to endure things that some of us had no one there to protect us from. THAT is Christlike love. There is absolutely NO Christ in the power play and judgmentalism of Mormonism.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 03:47AM

He should round up all of those victims he’s collected and file a class action lawsuit.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 06:08PM

I have learned from all this what I already knew, that it is Very important to PROTECT YOURSELF in Mormon-circles.

Never meet on 'church' property.
NEVER meet when you don't have time!
Never meet the Mormons or become one.
Never listen to them. NEVER follow them.

The "meeting" was too informal (illegal?, in church terms).
It wasn't really a meeting, but a message delivery service.
It CAN'T be official. What's on record?

He should attend EVERY Sunday.
And not say a word.

Uncomfortable? Think of him... and everybody else.

M@t

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 16, 2018 11:44AM

I can’t believe I once thought excommunication was a “thing”. It’s a joke, like a 5-year-old ordering you out of their tea party. Such a punishment, having extra time and extra money.

Welcome to reality, Sam. You might have to sit at the grownup table.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 17, 2018 03:22PM

It's more an extension of Americans and religion. In the states, it's a de facto law that child abuse is permissable so long if it religion-based.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.