Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: diversity ( )
Date: November 14, 2018 09:01PM

I had a very spiritual experience at time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2018 09:02PM by diversity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 14, 2018 09:21PM

I thought it was batshit crazy.

I had absolutely no ideological basis for thinking that the church was untrue, but when I exited the St. George temple I knew for a personal fact that no Supreme Being could possibly be involved with the juvenile bull shit jive ass malarky that I'd just gone through.

Of course, that was just my personal reflection on the ordeal, as an only child whose introduction to the whole escapade was an old man I'd never seen before putting his hand dangerously close to my sacred penis and also my butt crack.

I lost my trust in ghawd then, along with my faith. So thank you, creepy temple hideous bull shit.

But I was still a mormon, because that's how I was raised...

Posted by: Alan XL ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 12:56AM

Stop beating around the bush. Did you like it or not:)

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 11:38AM

Wasn't Jive Ass Malarky a General Authority in the 1950's?

Better remembered as J. Ass Malarky.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: November 14, 2018 10:23PM

My first time through I kept waiting for some great spiritual insight or at least something more than a interactive play with handshakes. When I finally made it to the celestial room a matron told me to just keep moving to make room for the next group.
I remember walking out of the St.George Temple thinking "What the Flip" (I was a naive TBM at the time)

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 02:33AM

Before I went, I was told it was really special. When the film ended, I wondered “when do we get to the special part”?

I think it’s mostly a case of The Emperor’s New Clothes. I did have special times in the temple, but no more special than the feeling I get hanging out by my favorite tree. The latter costs me nothing. Not even an interview with the assistant principal, er, bishop.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 30, 2018 01:42AM

After all the hype and the number of hoops you have to jump through to get a temple recommend, I expected something extraordinary. However, my first trip was on a Friday evening, after work, when I had just enough time to get home from work, change into a suitable outfit, lay out big pans of dry food and big bowls of water for my cats, and beat feet to the church parking lot, where the bus was waiting to take us to Atlanta. That was an overnight trip, with a potty stop or two along the way.

The sun was just rising when we arrived in Atlanta on Saturday, and I was tired and cranky after a night of no sleep on the bus. I was with a married couple whom I considered good friends of mine. (Years later, after I had moved to another State, I had an interesting conversation with the wife, who asked me, "Didn't you REALLY realize that my husband was trying to make a move on you?" I told her quite honestly that no, it never occurred to me that a MORMON man would do any such thing.)

Tired and cranky is not a receptive mood-set for a spiritual experience.

I don't remember a whole lot about the experience itself, other than having some people point to me and refer to me as a "bride" (I was, in fact, a middle-aged divorced woman, so this was confusing.)

I do remember thinking that part of it was like doing the hokey-pokey (you put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, you put your right foot in and you shake it all about. . .) i.e., everybody has to make the same gestures at the same time while saying the same words. You can't get it WRONG.

I was REALLY tired and cranky when it was over, and I didn't feel the least bit enlightened. The worst part was feeling that I HAD to look thrilled and ecstatic that now I had been through the Big Kids' Club. So many ward members asked me, "Wasn't that SPESHUL??" And of course I felt obliged to smile and agree that it had been very speshul indeed, when inside, I felt that what I had been through was, in fact, BS to the fourth power. Or something like that.

And we still faced the hours-long bus trip home from Atlanta. I was one happy camper to get home to my cats.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 14, 2018 11:02PM

I don't like being blindsided by things. I like to know what is happening to me when I am about to do something. I had a lot more info about a C-section when they did it to me than I did about the temple ceremony. I was able to tell the people working on me in the C-section to let me know what was happening next, and in the end, I had 2 little babies (and being a mother blew my mind in not all good ways, so much responsibility).

I knew next to nothing going to the temple, although I had been warned about the washing and anointing. That was easier to go through, but it wouldn't have been had I not been warned (by my sister). I wasn't impressed. Just glad to have it over with. I thought it was weird. I almost laughed out loud when I saw my future husband in that hideous hat. I was surprised at how much I had to participate and how sickenly rude the old ladies were. The 5 points of fellowship was very intrusive, too.

In my so few times that I went through, I never got to sit down in the celestial room. I wanted to be able to go there and meditate about my gay boyfriend/husband, but they always rushed me out.

Sealings. Mine was interesting. They talked so long with me kneeling that my legs started to shake really bad. I hesitated when they asked if I would marry him--is it yes you say? I was about to pass out. He said I couldn't back out now.

The last time I went through the temple, I did sealings. They pulled me aside. They didn't bring my husband long. It was bizarre to be sealed over and over and over again to a weird guy who looked at me as though he'd found his one and only. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I had time to meditate in the foyer while waiting for my husband. I never went back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2018 11:03PM by cl2.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 01:00AM

.....let me say this.....nothing high lights and emphasizes the disgusting creepiness of the gory disgusting MORmON temple ceremony like having an associate murdered/executed according to MORmON temple penalties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0wFt1r3zYg

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 01:49AM

If my brother hadn't told me every single aspect of the ceremonies practically verbatim before my endowment (I was never sealed) I don't think I would have made it through. Even with the forewarning, I found it weirder than hell.

Posted by: rosysam ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 02:01AM

My first time through the temple was right before my mission. My mom and dad took me to the SLC temple. I was quite surprised that I had to get naked and wear a poncho for the "oil rub down". The guy who "anointed" me actually touched my genitals twice. I was really disturbed by that. I ended up not saying anything to my parents because I realized after the slitting of my throat and stomach and all the weird tokens and signs in order to go to the celestial room, this was one crazy church I was born into. I grew up learning signs and tokens were bad from the BoM, and yet there they were in the temple ceremony.

When my mom and dad caught up with me in the celestial room, they could see I was not happy. They asked what I thought, and all I could say was, "I need to go to the bathroom NOW." I guess I said it a little too loud because my mom hushed me. They asked if something was wrong when we left the temple and I shook my head no. There was no way I was going to tell them what happened inside their "temple of doom" and that there are dirty old men that work there. It would have crushed them and then probably started a family war.

So no. I did not have a good or spiritual experience.

It's interesting as I look back, the temple experience combined with my mission showed me what TSCC was really all about.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 02:41AM

My Endowment -

When they started in with the secret handshakes, I could only imagine myself as being Fred Flintstone attending a Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo meeting. When I started slicing my throat and disemboweling myself, I was thinking, “This isn’t the church I was raised in my whole life”. As I was flinging my arms in air and “Pay-Lay-Ale-ing”, my brain was screaming at me, “YOU ARE IN A CULT!!!!”. Interestingly, that was the CLOSEST I ever came to “feeling the spirit” or hearing the “still small voice”.

My Sealing -

My bride and I were the first to go through the veil. Once I was on the other side an old man temple worker told me what to say to my bride in order to “pull her through” the veil to join me. As I was doing my thing, the old lady temple worker helping my bride told her the wrong response. I looked at the old man standing next to me and he said, “Do it again.” After doing this two or three times with the same wrong response, I pulled my hand back out of the veil, grabbed the old man by the knot in his tie, pulled him close and whispered, “Get the fuck over there and tell that old lady what she is doing wrong.” He was shaken, but scampered over to the other side of the veil, whispered something to the old lady, then scampered back. I tried it again and this time old lady told my bride the correct thing to say and I was able to pull her through the veil. In hindsight…I should have seen it as a sign. A huge red flag. I should have bolted the temple right then and saved myself from a horrible 19-year marriage.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 09:41AM

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 07:38AM

Hated it. The throat slashing was the day I realized that the church was not what I had been taught it was. Nothing spiritual about it and had nothing to do with the Jesus I had been taught to believe in from my childhood. The temple marriage was another nightmare, causing trouble in my wife's non-Mormon family who were told they were not worthy to see their own daughter get married.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 09:36AM

diversity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a very spiritual experience at time

Did you?

Or was it an emotional experience you assumed was "spiritual?"

(Just for the record, I'm not sure that's an answerable question. Hence the problem.)

My first temple experience was...disturbing.

First there was the washing & annointing dude who lovingly fondled my man-junk while coating it with oil.

Then there was the really stupid clothing.

Then there were the death gestures...pretending to slit my throat and cut open my bowels as a threat to try and keep me from telling outside people about secret handshakes.

I walked out thinking "what the hell happened to the jesus-wants-me-for-a-sunbeam church I grew up in?"

I walked out from all of it a couple of years later.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 11:13AM

To be honest, I was expecting the veil to actually be this kind of space-time vortex stargate thingy. When the wall lifted to reveal a big white sheet I had a huge Ralphie in A Christmas Story Ovaltine moment.

This was back during the penalties. Those bothered me.
I was disturbed by being told I couldn't laugh anymore.
The whole time I kept thinking what happened to the church I thought i had been raised in.

I just wanted to put my regular underwear back on and forget the whole thing. But this was Utah Valley and my pre-programmed life was underway.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 11:49AM

Their Initiatory was a HUGE triggering experience from when I was sexually molested as a child.

Their Endowment made me feel stripped of my individuality and like I was being processed in some sort of assembly line for being reduced to becoming a mindless follower of the prophet.

Their Sealing made me feel like I was marrying the church and not my wife.

Posted by: visiting anon ( )
Date: November 29, 2018 03:15PM

Elder Berry, Thanks for sharing that! I came here today for a very specific reason and your reply popped up in my search results.

My husband was also sexually abused as child and neither of us were prepared for the "naked touching" part of the temple ceremony. He had no memory of the abuse at that point in time. We had dated for years before marrying and the sudden change in his demeanor after going through the temple was troubling. It triggered him to disassociate.

I thought I had gotten over the anger I felt for the church but it started up again after my husband was diagnosed with complex PTSD.

Date: December 02, 2018 05:05AM

Elder Berry Wrote:

> Their Sealing made me feel like I was marrying the
> church and not my wife.

Well, you were marrying THE (MORmON) church!

Just like in the endowment where they gave themselves license to completely hijack your life !!!

Leave it to MORmONISM to call something an "endowment" for the initiate and it is really something where they give themselves license to steal everything EVERYTHING a person might ever have.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 12:14PM

I was confused.

It just seemed other worldly weird. But it was the TEMPLE! You weren't supposed to feel that way, so you make some way to pretzel your mind into making it work.

The washing and anointing made me uncomfortable. But lots of things about the LDS church, like interviews, also made me uncomfortable. But those were just things we were "supposed to do."

Walking out would have seemed like attention getting behavior and I think somewhere in my subconscious I knew that my family would have brought the hammer down to get me back in line at that time. But part of me wanted to walk out of that building, but where to? At that time, I had no answer to that question.

It seemed odd that Satan would try to tempt Adam and Eve with money. How would they spend it? Trade it as baby-sitting credit?

No great questions about life seemed to be answered, and even though it was after the pre-1990 penalties were gone. But Stan still threatened us that we would be in his apron, if we did not live up to our covenants.

In fact, it seemed like Satan was the only character in this whole drama who was interested in explaining what the heaven was going on. But he was the father of lies, so how much could we trust what he was saying. Unfortunately, Robohim and the underlings repeating his orders were not much help.

Upon entering the MTC, I did attempt to make some sense of it. Adam and Eve are symbolic representations of us--at least that seemed to clarify the money thing.

Upon returning home, there were times when I would dedicate myself to attending. But I really just never grew to like it. And once I started finding out about its true origins in Masonry and as a tool of polygamy, it was even less appealing.

The temple just added to my prevailing sense of unworthiness and discomfort with life as a Mormon. That never went away until after I resigned.

Posted by: Healed ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 12:24PM

For me, the temple ceremony is a HUGH example of the church as “The Emperors Clothes”. You grow up with being taught that “one of the most significant reasons why LDS Temples are so important is that sacred ordinances (religious ceremonies) and covenants necessary for our eternal exaltation can only be made within a temple.” Then you go through the temple expecting a beautiful, spiritual experience and instead are exposed to an hour and a half of cult like oddities. It’s like going through the front door of a beautiful home and then, once in, seeing the backyard full of trash. There is simply no way that a Jesus of the New Testsment would endorse any of it.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 02, 2018 03:21PM

Healed Wrote:
> For me, the temple ceremony is a HUGH example of the church as “The Emperors Clothes”. You grow up with being taught that “one of the most significant reasons why LDS Temples are so important is that sacred ordinances (religious ceremonies) and covenants necessary for our eternal exaltation can only be made within a temple.” It’s like going through the front door of a beautiful home and then, once in, seeing the backyard full of trash. There is simply no way that Jesus[Christ]... would endorse any of it.
>

It can ONLY BE DONE IN THE TEMPLE. Really?
God doesn't believe in nature? Right!
Or simplicity? Or honesty? Hmmm.
And OPENNESS to all? EQUALLY?

Good analogy of [Mormonism-temples-image] "pretty" on the outside and ugly on the inside.

Mormonism is sickening, and people caught up in it are/ can be like a bug in a spider's web... EXCEPT, a bug knows it is doomed.

M@t

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 03, 2018 04:41AM

Healed Wrote:
> For me, the temple ceremony is a HUGH example of
> the church as “The Emperors Clothes”. You grow
> up with being taught that “one of the most
> significant reasons why LDS Temples are so
> important is that sacred ordinances (religious
> ceremonies) and covenants necessary for our
> eternal exaltation can only be made within a
> temple.” Then you go through the temple
> expecting a beautiful, spiritual experience and
> instead are exposed to an hour and a half of cult
> like oddities. It’s like going through the
> front door of a beautiful home and then, once in,
> seeing the backyard full of trash. There is simply
> no way that a Jesus of the New Testsment would
> endorse any of it.

The New Testament Jesus did away with the whole temple system. He was the ultimate sacrifice which ended the Law of Moses. The LDS temple doesn't fit into the bible anywhere. What's silly is they make the baptismal fonts look like the sea of brass. It provided the washing water for the high priests. LDS temples are just silly. If Christ was the perfect example how come he didn't get sealed in the temple? Haha!

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 12:25PM

Very Angry!

I was never an obedient Mormon.My wife at the time and I had civilly married one year before so we both had to do our initiatory,endowment and sealing in the same day.

The initiatory freaked me out. I was naked under this poncho and actually had my weiner blessed. I was totally freaked and confused, we went up to the chapel to do the endowment. That made me giggle because of the silliness there. When we got to the "true order of prayer" both my mother-in-law and I laughed at the Pay lay ale part..We got lots of bad looks. I then was sealed to my wife now my ex wife.

After the eight hour day was over, I remember being angry at my Mom for never telling me about this freak show and angry at my then wife for actually thinking I was really going to wear garments for the rest og the day let alone the rest of my life.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 01:10PM

It was like some kind of "Candid Camera" episode, where there's the big build up to get the practical joke victim thinking that they're about to participate in some very meaningful, edifying, dignified and life enhancing experience......only to find it actually turn out to be a nonsensical farce.

Demonstrating the enactment of brutal death penalties on yourself and vowing to accept them as punishment if you ever reveal the big secrets you are about to learn?

Then it turns out that the big secrets are silly Masonic handshakes?

Then playing around with aprons, sashes and goofy-looking hats...and standing around in a circle chanting like zombies from a low-budget horror movie?

Then hugging a mystery man in order to get permission to pass through a curtain into the "Celestial Room" and then being told that that's the end of it? What? That was the big temple thing that everyone spoke about with such great reverence and hushed tones all this time?? That was it????

Then you look at your friends and relatives who just went through with you and you can tell that they all want you to act like you had just experienced the highlight of your life on planet earth. With their eyes they're begging you...BEGGING YOU...to join in with them in pretending that it was an amazingly deep and profoundly moving experience. I couldn't do it and I could tell that they were upset that I wasn't playing along.

In my mind, I was screaming at them: "Can't you see how ridiculous that was??!!" But I didn't dare say it out loud at that point in my life. It was the "Emperor's New Clothes" effect that others have mentioned. I didn't want to appear like I was spiritually defective for not getting it.

They could tell that I was irritated by it though, so I got a lot of comments like:

"Well, you know, it takes time to understand the meaning of it. That's why we're encouraged to keep going."

"You have to look deeper. The physical rituals symbolize deep spiritual truths."

I was thinking that these kinds of comments are exactly the types of rationalizations that people would make up in the Emperor's New Clothes type of scenario. And they were obviously bullsh*t.

It was the beginning of the end for me as far as faith in the Church went. I became increasingly critical after that and about 4 years after my first temple experience, I finally gave myself permission to accept the obvious conclusion: It was just another steaming pile of man-made religious fraudulence.

Date: December 03, 2018 04:49AM

Haha! I was so frazzled when I got through the veil the first time I was thinking now what? I found myself in what looked to be a foyer with some weird murals on the wall. I remember a circular table in the middle and my mom going aren't you going to enjoy it? I'm like enjoy what? She goes you are in the celestial room. I remember thinking "this is it?" What a let down. I just wanted to get the hell out of there and remember riding home thinking I made the biggest mistake of my life.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 01:48PM

I was like...

"That's it?? This isn't special"

Date: November 30, 2018 07:28PM

angela Wrote:
> I was like...
>
> "That's it?? This isn't special"

"That's it ?? This is special? ....This is NOT special .....in any kind of a good way! ...This SUCKS !!!

strictly playing right by the grand MORmON script of MORmON manipulation, my MORmON parents and lots of their already endowed fellow MORmON member cohorts did everything they could to give the impression that the temple ceremony was some kind of very pleasant POSITIVE transcendent spiritual experience while also very carefully avoiding the creepy details and reality of the situation.

Their ploy worked. I was expecting some king of divine manifestation in the MORmON temple ceremony experience. Then, as I went through the MORmON temple endowment, I was blindsided by the highly disappointing creepy reality of MORmON Hokum.

Then I was expected to say how great it was, while also carefully avoiding any actual highly disappointing details.

In reality, I really was NOT that groovy with being
molested and then goaded into making gestures representative of my being brutally murdered.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 04:09PM

I felt like I was taking part in some really, Really bad road show where there was way too much monotonous repetition, really fake bad acting, (except for Satan who actually had some talent), and endless stupid hastle with the silly baker's costume that made most homemade-Halloween costumes look professional.

Or, maybe I had actually stumbled in to witness grown-ups copying script of some 12 year olds' tree-house-club ceremony right down to making oaths and promises by sealing it with their blood with the Mormons using the special touches of throat- slitting and bowel-gashing.

IN other words, I found it all juvenile, silly, ridiculous, and very, very disappointing. I was signed up for the whole shenanigan---you know taking out (as opposed to "taking in"?) my endowments and being married. Spiritual, special and significant it was not. I was in the deep dark knowing not one detail before entering those temple doom doors, except that most likely my wedding dress would have to be altered to pass the Mormon morality test. What the hell?

Yes, "what the Hell just happened?" definitely sums up what my far too-long-weird-sexually-abusive-MormonCult-temple-experience was like.

But, on the other hand, maybe I can give this experience one kudo as it definitely helped me find the cult exit door.

Posted by: Mother Who knows ( )
Date: November 29, 2018 09:09PM

I thought it was going to be some sort of "graduating" into adulthood, and taking on the responsibility of knowing "further truths" that would enhance my spiritual life. I was very sincere, in wanting to learn more about Christ and God.

I loved your descriptions of the experience! With me, it was like finally opening a beautiful old book with gilded pages and a locked cover--and finding the pages not just blank, but scribbled with nasty, childish words, like "We touched your wee-wee! We saw your boobies! The joke's on you, and we're keeping your money!"

I felt that the "new name" and the handshakes were just human silliness, and had nothing to do with knowing God or living a better life. As for learning something new--I had already practically memorized Genesis from the Bible--this was old stuff.

The all-nowing God of the Universe, the God of Science did not use such language, as "Let us go down...We will go down." God knows all, and doesn't have to ask stupid questions, such as, "Why are you hiding yourselves?"

Yeah, it was very much like a childish initiation ritual. I would looked over at my father, across the room, a tall, handsome, university professor in a baker's hat. How could such a wise, brilliant man believe this nonsense? He had not been to the temple since my oldest brother got married, and he didn't wear the Mormon underwear. He was noticeably silent, afterwards, and didn't look me in the eye. It was then I understood--he didn't believe! He was only there for my wedding, and to please my mother. It had cost him a great deal of tithing money.

My temple husband turned out to be an abuser, with a record of assault and battery. He and his family had kept it a secret, from all of us, for the 6 months that I knew him before marrying him. In my memory, I can't separate that abusive thug from the temple experience, Mormonism, polygamy, the D&C Section 132, and all the rest. I have PTSD.

Date: December 03, 2018 04:54AM

Yup. I felt like I had been bamboozled. I was really shocked at how weird the temple was. Especially about getting naked.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: November 30, 2018 01:56AM

Creepy AF

Posted by: london ( )
Date: December 01, 2018 10:52AM

Creepy, since I got the blood oath version.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 01, 2018 11:11AM

OMG a cash register?

OMG Locks on the lockers? WTF?

Hey. Where you putting your hands old man?

Elias? Really? Me? Wow. I must be special.

First upside down Pentagrams. Huh?

Then my mother pulling a veil over her face.

Everyone pantomiming slitting their throats and disemboweling themselves with the same frame of mind as as playing "Ring Around the Rosie." Was there about to be snake handling next?

My parents gathered around an alter hands in the air chanting Pay Lay Ale.

The Methodist Minister playing Satan has the best Apron and his own special priesthood.

No Angels hanging around the crown molding like I was expecting.

God, Jehovah, Michael and friends doing some "Dick and Jane" type play. Let us go down. We will go down. See Jehovah go down. See Peter run.

Then it goes from silly to boring in the Lone and Dreary World room. Where's the good part?

OMG. The veil. And, we are going into the Celestial Room. Wow. This has to be the big pay-off! What could this be?

Oh. A fancy hotel lobby?

Is that all there is to the temple? Is that all there is?

And then I went on my mission thinking it was me who didn't get it. embarrassing now to think about. I was the perfect BIC dupe.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 01, 2018 11:43AM

Mine was 1968, in preparation for going on a mission. I thought it was bizarre, but was doing the thing of pretending that the emperor was wearing clothes. I was taken way off guard by the preacher figure (no longer in today's endowment), thought it was weird that they portrayed him as in league with Satan, and was caught off guard again when they began singing "Somewhere the Sun is Shining," and everyone except me knew the words to it. Temple preparation had taught me about how much I would "learn," but came away with knowledge sucked out of my brain.

Posted by: Sillyrabbit ( )
Date: December 01, 2018 12:24PM

For me, also very spiritual for a while. Then it became empty. It wasn't weird for me the way it is for a lot of people. It just started leaving me wanting more. Really enjoyed meditating in the celestial room.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: December 01, 2018 12:38PM

Oh My Gosh Thank you ALL for sharing!

(I was a convert of one year, now quitting, never did Temple)

Are you seriously telling me you go to the Temple and volunteers there put their hands on your privates? Even the women?

Do they wear gloves? Do they change them between each person or just pass along germs and disease from one to another?

And, this is the experience we are to aspire to, being touched by strangers?

Well, it explains why the old men volunteer to do it (they like touching other men)

Why is this touching allowed? This is a crime if done to minors!

And, a Blood Oath? Forbidden to laugh?

Mother Who Knows, thank you for sharing about your University Professor father, explaining the intelligent people here (going along to get along).

Thank you all for reinforcing my decision to LEAVE!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2018 12:39PM by mel.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: December 01, 2018 07:51PM

The poor kids in Hailsham are excited when they hear there's going to be a sale and they are being allowed to use the tokens they have earned.

But the stuff on the tables is actually just worthless s*hit other people have thrown away.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1334260/

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: December 01, 2018 07:57PM

Honestly, I am not sure why I didn't walk away immediately afterward. I remember thinking how laughable it all was. The penalties were bad enough but the prayer circle was nuts. I kept putting parts of the costume on backward, too. Icould remember anything at the veil.

My guide was a good friend who baptizd me a year earlier. I kept thinking that I didn't want to disappoint my ward. I was also getting ready to go on a mission. No pressure there...

I had recently gotten my patriarchal blessing, so I knew that I needed to go to the temple and go on a mission. Was I willing to be believe anything?

The main thing that I remember was the smell of bad breath, sweaty clothes, and linament oil. It was all a little freaky.

Date: December 03, 2018 05:01AM

Lowpriest Wrote:
> Honestly, I am not sure why I didn't walk away
> immediately afterward. I remember thinking how
> laughable it all was. The penalties were bad
> enough but the prayer circle was nuts. I kept
> putting parts of the costume on backward, too.
> Icould remember anything at the veil.
>
> My guide was a good friend who baptizd me a year
> earlier. I kept thinking that I didn't want to
> disappoint my ward. I was also getting ready to go
> on a mission. No pressure there...
>
> I had recently gotten my patriarchal blessing, so
> I knew that I needed to go to the temple and go on
> a mission. Was I willing to be believe anything?
>
> The main thing that I remember was the smell of
> bad breath, sweaty clothes, and linament oil. It
> was all a little freaky.

Haha! Some of them old veil workers had bad breath and body odor. I hated everything about the temple. The temple is a monument of what peer pressure will make a person do.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 01, 2018 09:19PM

I felt like I was back in the Masonic Hall going through Rainbow initiation. In Rainbow, we got to wear some beautiful gowns, however.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 02, 2018 02:37PM

diversity Wrote:
> I had a very spiritual experience at time

What does that mean? Do you still have them? Hope so.

Spiritual? I have those all the time, every since mormonism...

As a youth, the kids were given a "Temple SEALING Test".
We had to answer all kind of ridiculous [false] questions.
"What will you wear?" White. What will your 'parents' wear? "
Where will you place your hands? On the alter [ego].
How will you feel afterward? All dull and old (not shiny & knew).
Why do you get sealed? Because we HAVE TO. LDSinc FORCES it!

I'm glad I never got sealed again! I knew it felt WEIRD, even at that young age.
Never got endowed either. I was born that [this] way.

Note: spell check or cash causes return.
I had to correct 'it'. Imagine that!

M@t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2018 03:27PM by moremany.

Date: December 03, 2018 04:35AM

Had a horrid first experience at the temple. Wanted to get the hell out of there after the washing and anointing and found the endowment to be nothing more than a big game of Simon Says. Found switching the clothing around to be particularly annoying.

Getting married wasn't bad. The temple staff were actually very nice to us and the sealer was a nice old man. Felt sorry for my bride because she had to go through the whole washing and anointing thing. Looking back at it, pretty weird but we still are happily married.

Posted by: K whip ( )
Date: December 04, 2018 07:48AM

They do a thing called washing and anointing in the temple and you are naked except for a sheet with a hole for your head. They say prayer/blessings as they touch you with their finger with oil on it. At one part he touched my dick!!! Freaked me out!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.