Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 11:20AM

Funny how Joe said his name would be used for good and evil but failed to mention how his words would be used.

"When the Prophet Joseph Smith said “I teach them correct principles, and they govern themselves” (quoted by John Taylor, Millennial Star, 15 Nov. 1851, p. 339), he gave us a formula for teaching our families."
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1986/06/teaching-children-to-govern-themselves?lang=eng

Modern Mormonism is all about governing people instead of letting them govern themselves and Mormon children are no exception.

So children's developing sexuality is interrogated by adults for whom they probably have no kind of supportive emotional relationship. From a position of power an adult man perpetrates a regular personal inquisition on children to determine their acceptability as members of a social network and they delve into their sexuality to do so.

Doesn't sound like what Jesus would do and maybe not even Joe?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 11:32AM

Bishop to me when I was 11, almost 12:

"Do you masturbate?"

Me:

"I don't know, what's that?"

"It's when you stroke your penis repeatedly until you ejaculate."

"Really? That's a real thing?"

"Yes, it is. Do you do it?"

(in my head: "Not yet, but I will!")
(out loud): "Um, no, I didn't know you could do that."

"You can, but don't, ok?"

"OK."

I lied.

Date: November 15, 2018 11:40AM

Mine was worse.

When I didn't know what he was talking about he explained it like this. It is touching your penis outside of cleaning it or peeing or touching too much doing these tasks.

What was too much? I had no clue about ejaculation. That was a surprise.

Date: November 15, 2018 12:38PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What was too much? I had no clue about
> ejaculation. That was a surprise.

A pleasant one, I hope :)

Date: November 15, 2018 02:06PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
> A pleasant one, I hope :)

IT was then the guilt set in...

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 07:33PM

I was worried that I broke something.

Date: November 16, 2018 10:22AM

I can relate. It would have been nice to have loving parents who could have explained that it would happen and I shouldn't be worried about it.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 20, 2018 10:46AM

I thought I had broke something too. Freaked me out for a while.

Date: November 15, 2018 06:14PM

When my children were going to their interviews I pleaded with my wife to accompany them into the bishop's office. I asked my kids what they talked about in there with him. Most of the time my wife said that the door was left ajar but I doubt she could hear what was being said.

I read this earlier and it perfectly describes for me how I felt at the time.

" "(The witness) said the truck's headlights illuminated the children as they were crossing the road and she said she started to freak out as she realized 'I'm slowing down, but that truck in front of me is not slowing.'" "
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2018/10/31/indiana-school-bus-stop-accident-rochester-3-children-killed-what-we-know-siblings-driver/1830217002/

No, my kids didn't die in a fatal accident. Nothing can compare but the feeling of hopelessness, shock, and pain is on a small scale comparable.

I'm wanting to refuse to let them be interviewed. I can see the trouble ahead but my wife wasn't slowing down to stop. The kids are just sitting ducks to the f_cks behind the desk judging their beautiful spirits. Doing something awful thinking they are doing their God's work.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 06:20PM

Breaking you down from a young age.

I can't use the true and appropriate words here.
They would invalidate this post and get it deleted.t

Invading your MORALS in order to steal what is most especially yours: nature, your secrets (sacreds), your needs, your privacy. And WHEN THEY [the leasthood] get in, and your family - and the whole ward - gets in (your business), it's all over with.

You will never be a good Mormon
And you never wanted to anyway
Because there is no such thing
It is an oxy-moron. Impossible.

Child sexual interviews corrupt, infect and invade the deepest and most precious resource we have: privacy-TRUST.

Don't get me started.
It'll never end!

M@t

Date: November 16, 2018 10:41AM

This is their big takeaway.

"You will never be a good Mormon"

No one ever can be and their burrowing into your budding sexuality to set this up sexually is fundamentally psychologically wrong. The fact that their are Mormon psychologists who support invasive interviewing has boggled my mind my whole adult life. People go to be helped not interrogated. How a counselor could condone religious interrogations and ones of sexually often prepubescent children with no knowledge of sex because of their conditioned parents is beyond me.

I'm reminded of the Mormon apologist's defense - "The history was out there for people to read. It is their fault if they don't." So parents should school their children sexually before sending them to their bishops? These parents are the ones raised to make sex a "sacred" thing and never talk about it.

Ironically, adult Mormons will only talk to their adult children about their temple ceremonies. What a travesty. There are things this organization promotions to drive a wedge between parents and children actively. Is it any surprise Mormon parents often take the same tact with sex? Lambs to the slaughter are these little ones. F_ck Smith's slaughter. Think of all the untold thousands of Mormon children kept from understanding things and having strangers interrogating them, parents hiding information from them, trusted congregants pushing unrealizable expectation upon them.

What a dark corner of the world it is to be a Mormon kid.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 07:19PM

of how many of us never had heard the word m*sturbation until being interviewed by a bishop.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: November 16, 2018 11:27AM

Me! He asked me if I masturbated. I asked him "What's that?" Then he said. "Nevermind."

He was a youngish bishop. I think he was more embarrassed than me.

Date: November 16, 2018 02:56PM

He should have been. What a ridiculous abusive thing to do. Like your parents sending you down the church hall to sit with a relative strange man in an office and have him asking you if you touch yourself.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 09:25PM

That is where I first heard master-[pro]bation, whipping, punishment, sin, bad, wrong, dangerous, no!...

It is interrogation, secret interview, punishment, embarrassment, WRONG, and torture, all wrapped up in one big, sick, bs-fest.

It's like Bishops are mentally raping the children.
It's WRONG, and the Mormon church knows it!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 15, 2018 10:33PM

Those interviews could set children up to be asked the same questions by a pervert in a bathroom who says he's their new kindly bishop.

So dangerous.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: November 16, 2018 03:52AM

I came home from my bishop's interview, and said, "Mom, what is French kissing? What is soul kissing?" She didn't give me an answer. I said, "I said I didn't do that, because I don't know what it is." When I found out, it sounded sick--until I did that 6 years later, with my steady boyfriend, for the first time, my freshman year at BYU.

What a way to be introduced to the joys of sex--by creepy pervs who tell you it's nasty and evil. Hearing it described by an older man in a suit, using the whispery soft voice of intimacy, alone in a closed, windowless office, was very intimidating. After that, I thought boys who tried to kiss me were being disrespectful and wicked, so I wouldn't be their friend, after that. I wouldn't even hold hands with them, until college.

Date: November 16, 2018 03:45PM

exminion Wrote:
> After that, I thought boys who
> tried to kiss me were being disrespectful and
> wicked, so I wouldn't be their friend, after that.
> I wouldn't even hold hands with them, until
> college.

Which is exactly what they wanted. They know darn well this is the effect these things have on kids, and they *want* it to have that effect.

Of course, you're supposed to feel that way until some RM proposes, at which point you're supposed to screw like bunnies to make new little mormons. As long as you do it with your garmies on...

Date: November 19, 2018 12:18PM

For some reason your post made me think of Ghostbusters and the Keymaster and Gatekeeper thing...

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 20, 2018 10:54AM

Haha! I didn't know what the word masturbation was until I had an interview with the bishop. Later that same bishop moved to Utah and got involved in running a ponzi scheme with some con artists down there. His explanation on what masturbation was looking at dirty magazines until you got excited. He didn't go into details and thank goodness he had enough sense to not. It was creepy and uncomfortable enough as is.

Date: November 20, 2018 11:04AM

Can you imagine Packer splaining it to you personally?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2018 11:05AM by Elder Berry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.