Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 02, 2018 05:07PM

https://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/LuLaRoe-supplier-sues-for-49-million-and-accuses-13436543.php

"LuLaRoe's chief clothing supplier is suing the company for nearly $49 million in a lawsuit claiming the multi-level marketing company has failed to pay its bills for seven months.

The supplier, Providence Industries, said in the suit that it has reason to believe LuLaRoe is insolvent, and accused the company's founders, Mark and DeAnne Stidham, of hiding assets in "shell" companies to fund their "lavish lifestyle."

"Meanwhile, hundreds of LuLaRoe sellers — who buy the company's clothing at wholesale prices, then turn around and sell it to customers at a markup — have said they've been waiting months, some more than a year, for refund checks worth thousands of dollars."

So many scams, so little time.
Welcome to Mormon World.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: logged out this week ( )
Date: December 02, 2018 05:26PM

"claiming the multi-level marketing company has failed to pay its bills for seven months"

What a coincidence! About seven months ago I posted this -

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2107682

The mormon heaven is set up like a MLM. As above, so below.

Posted by: Guy3 ( )
Date: December 02, 2018 05:59PM

I heard southern baptists were even more gullible then Utah Mormons. It has more of having a close nit, trusting community then anything religious. If you like your neighbors, well they might con you.

The worse I got was "the biz," a multi level self help company. Never sighned up, but they tried the whole "pray about it," line. I told them I keep my mind open, but my wallet closed.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 02, 2018 06:38PM

“The supplier, Providence Industries, said in the suit that it has reason to believe LuLaRoe is insolvent, and accused the company's founders, Mark and DeAnne Stidham, of hiding assets in "shell" companies to fund their "lavish lifestyle."

They’re just paying the Lord first. The windows of Heaven should open up any time now.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 02, 2018 07:06PM

I've had a feeling for a while now that things are not going well with that company.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 02, 2018 11:59PM

I just looked, their products are still advertised as being available, But: if their suppliers are cutting them off.....
we all know what that means.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: December 03, 2018 12:22AM

They probably had the Second Anointing. They certainly pass the wealth test. So they cannot be held liable for any of their actions. God's ways are not man's ways, you know.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 03, 2018 09:28AM

Anyone who's had a mormon relative/friend tell them what a "wonderful opportunity" this scam was, or who bragged about how much they were going to make, raise your hand...

(hie raises his hand)

Now, anyone who told their friend/relative that this was just another dishonest mormon MLM scam, and that it would almost certainly fail spectacularly, amid numerous lawsuits, and was ignored, raise your hand...

(hie raises his hand)

Congratulations, all of you who raised your hands are far more of a "prophet" than the guy in charge of mormonism...err...thechurchofjesuschristoflatterdaysaintism ('cause he won't let us call it mormonism).

Pay lay ale.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: December 03, 2018 11:15AM

Amway products were (?) marketed as somewhat different, especially the distribution.

How could that be for leggings / how much mark-up would customers tolerate?

I don't get it!

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: December 03, 2018 11:20AM

Hmmm... DeAnne is my husband's cousin and we have several family members involved in her company. However, we haven't heard anything about this through the family grapevine. I'll have to put out an inquiry.

I always thought the clothes - typical family reunion dress code - are absolutely hideous.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 03, 2018 11:21AM

The rise of Amazon probably didn’t help.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: December 03, 2018 12:26PM

"They’re just paying the Lord first. The windows of Heaven should open up any time now."

Hahahahah! Good one!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.