Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oaks's Missing Hair ( )
Date: December 04, 2018 07:16PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pat ( )
Date: December 04, 2018 07:23PM

Tough. Probably Holland.

At least Oaks rocks the bald, unlike m russell "toupee" ballard

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 03:24AM

Posted by: Adamj717 ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 12:29AM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

I haven't been following since monson died. What the heck has been happening for the last two years? Scared of the word Mormon was the latest thing I heard. Figured they would go out of business after that kind of revelation.

Posted by: Alice, ten feet tall ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 04:30AM

They all are, 'cause they are all crooks, telling lies to promote the same hoax cult. I have known a few GA's personally. One was a relative, and I loved him. The other was Henry Eyring, when he was bishop of my singles ward, and he seemed like a good person.

Hinckley and Nelson are above the rest, for their smarmy, snake-oil peddling vibes.

Oh--LOL--I just read Wally Prince's description of Hinckley! That's It!!!!!!

Hinckley wins!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 04:35AM

Congratulations on perhaps the best moniker on the board.

Very creative!

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 02:46PM

The next time I have a question, I should go ask Alice.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 02:50PM

Be prepared to go chasing rabbits.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 01:28AM

Feed Your Head,

FEED YOUR HEAD!!!

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 11:38AM

Bednar is short.

He can't stand people who are taller than him and will try to destroy them spiritually.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 12:17PM

I'm 6'4"....let the m'fer try...oh yeah.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 03:03PM

6'4" is quite tall, 'tis true. But Alice has you beat by a long shot!

Date: December 05, 2018 12:31PM

You have my vote.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2016/02/29/what-a-mormon-leader-really-meant-when-he-said-there-are-no-homosexual-members-of-the-church/

“First, I want to change the question,” Bednar replied. “There are no homosexual members of the church. We are not defined by sexual attraction. We are not defined by sexual behavior. We are sons and daughters of God. And all of us have different challenges in the flesh.”

So there are no "labels" in the church? Isn't "worthy" a label? Isn't saying their are no homosexuals akin to saying there are no dark skinned people in the church according to this logic?

Ridiculous. Try saying this - There are no heterosexual members of the church. We are not defined by sexual attraction. We are not defined by sexual behavior.

But they are defined by marital status, temple worthiness status, tithe paying status, ordinances performed status etc.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 05, 2018 12:59PM

Well, there's a video of him strong arming a little boy.

I think he's a real tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftp4-kT9VSg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 12:59PM by messygoop.

Date: December 05, 2018 02:38PM

Think of all the children he's messed up. Think of him when you think of a child being interviewed and introduced to the word masturbation.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 12:42AM

In my humble opinion he is the re-incarnation of Reichspropagandaminister Josef Goebbels.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 08:29AM

I agree with those giving Bednar the dubious honor. Some of the others have redeemed themselves in one way or another; in some cases the redemption was only to a member of my own family - not enough to make up for the ill accomplished on a regular basis in pepetuating the giant myth, but enough to get them off my personal $h!t list. I cannot, off the top of my head, come up with any single redemptive act or quality I would associate with Bednar.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 08:56AM

I haven't met any of them, but in the past I would have thought Holland. However, after learning more about him from people who had interactions with him before he became a GA, I'm more inclined to think that being an apostle made Holland (who sounds like he was a genuinely nice guy before being called) a GA. I've never heard anyone having an interaction with Bednar - either before or after he was called - where they walked away thinking he was anything other than a gigantic douche-canoe.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 12:19PM

He is worse than trash.
I would notice trash.

I had already seen the video of him abusing that boy, and making him CRY. Had the other members seen it, 10% of them would have said, "that's wrong", while the other 90% would still say, what a guy. If the Saints knew what they thought they knew, the whole audience would have been sick, disgusted, and repulsed.

He came to a steak center a few years ago - where my TBM family resides - and many people in the crowd stood up. I didn't, and neither did my folks nearby. I asked why they didn't, or, the others did. They said it was for a higher authority (like me, I suppose, though they aren't smart enough to recognize that), and he was simply an a post hole. I thought, what a bunch of dummies, standing for that!

He droned on and on about NOT HAVING TIME to get his hands shaken and shit shat after the disservice, but had "a plain to catch" [I wonder who threw it].

He was so DISRESPECTFUL, disingenuous, and unsanctimonious and simply NOT PRESENT, while he talked about *hi*, and then ate it... right there in front of everybody. Talked about the piece of crap he is and how he can't get out of the trap. Then repeated, while I'll pair-o-phrase, "I'VE GOT TO GO, you Saints are nothing, beat off". Just talked about himself. What a looser. He's about the lowest I've ever seen a person, claiming to be Mormon. Creepy, cunning, shifty, and two-faced, like most LDS high-ups.

M@t

Posted by: charlie1701 ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 11:57PM

Holy cow! I think I was there. Unless he uses the same speech at every dang place he visits. He said something about the big bang being fake too. I remember him saying (about the church) "it's true. All of it." What a load of crap.

Date: December 06, 2018 02:28PM

Date: December 06, 2018 05:35PM

He apparently is a comedian.

"Sister Bednar spoke before him and she called a 6 year old little girl to come up to the podium. She turned to Elder Bednar and said "Can you help me get her on this table?" She then had the little girl stand on the table as she talked about how much we have to learn from children. Elder Bednar got up to speak and he said "My name is Elder Bednar and my job is to travel the world and help my wife with her visual aids." "
http://norwegiannotes.blogspot.com/2014/09/visiting-with-elder-bednar-and-sister.html

But seriously, the gushing hero worship is just too much.

"You guys, ELDER BEDNAR IS SO COOL!!!! He is seriously one of the coolest people I have ever met. And his wife is AMAZING!! The whole thing was amazing. They are so real and personable. They make jokes and talk like us and think like us, except like 1000 times better. And the Spirit is so strong! They just have this light and way of saying things and the Spirit can just teach you everything that you need to know."

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 11:42AM

"You guys, ELDER BEDNAR IS SO COOL!!!! He is seriously one of the coolest people I have ever met. And his wife is AMAZING!! The whole thing was amazing. They are so real and personable. They make jokes and talk like us and think like us, except like 1000 times better. And the Spirit is so strong! They just have this light and way of saying things and the Spirit can just teach you everything that you need to know."

Why LDS don't like telling the truth. They simply don't have it.

lol

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 07:31PM

I haven't been following the big 15 for years now, but I think Bednar is one of the top candidates for that title.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 10:43PM

Bednar is definitely a LIAR ......and an ASSpostHOLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1uIgbI2QY

Posted by: Ih8church ( )
Date: December 09, 2018 09:57AM

Cant think of a better profit than bednar to thin the ranks of mormonism with his arrogance and pride.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 09, 2018 11:45AM

Actually, if Bednar isn't the douchiest apostle, it's quite worrying: what could be douchier than THAT?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2018 11:46AM by Soft Machine.

Date: December 10, 2018 06:02PM

I guess Oaks getting a hold of your acorns.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 02:57PM

Vote for Oaks here. He was president at BYU when they were hooking gay men up to be electric shocked.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.