Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 07:48AM

I saw this article and thought some of the items I was reading in it, came from this board.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/leah-remini-on-why-jennifer-lopez-said-no-to-scientology-and-how-the-%E2%80%98cult%E2%80%99-can-be-stopped/ar-BBQvQmN

"Scientology Volunteer Ministers have been described... as the “world’s largest independent all-volunteer relief force”...operate as a part of Scientology’s Religious Technology Center with a mission to provide “educational services” and “pastoral counseling” on behalf of the religion"

"It’s not just showing up with a camera—this is all part of their front,” she continues. “I’m not saying that they’re not handing a bottle of water out, but their true intention is for a photo op, and to align themselves with legitimate organizations who are actually trying to help people."

“They have a policy called ‘the public image,’ and it says to align yourselves with ‘real’ organizations and ‘safe-point’ them,” Remini explains. “So they’re safe-pointing police departments by paying them a lot of money to do off-duty work, they love-bomb them with awards, and you’ll see detectives and police officers in uniform giving speeches on human trafficking at the Scientology Celebrity Centre. This is what they do all the time to present themselves as a group that is in line with the rest of society, and they are not.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 09:45AM

nonmo_1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> “They have a policy called ‘the public
> image,’ and it says to align yourselves with
> ‘real’ organizations and ‘safe-point’
> them,” Remini explains. “So they’re
> safe-pointing police departments by paying them a
> lot of money to do off-duty work, they love-bomb
> them with awards, and you’ll see detectives and
> police officers in uniform giving speeches on
> human trafficking at the Scientology Celebrity
> Centre. This is what they do all the time to
> present themselves as a group that is in line with
> the rest of society, and they are not.”

Reminds me of “Bethel” in Northern California.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 11:15AM

https://www.npr.org/2015/11/03/454308222/a-troublemaker-leaves-her-life-in-scientology

>>In 2013, the actor Leah Remini left the Church of Scientology after more than 30 years. Her new memoir, "Troublemaker," might make her the most famous former Scientologist to publicly criticize the religion. (The Church calls the book "revisionist history.")

Question: What do Scientology and LDS, Inc. have in common?

Give me an M! Give me an O! Give me an N! Give me...

What am I going to spell? Awe, you guessed...

>>"During my thirty-plus years in Scientology," Remini writes in the book, "I spent close to $2 million for services and training, and donated roughly $3 million to church causes."

I currently don't have cable, but I understand Season 3 of her show is happening right now...

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 11:27AM

Posted by: Oak's Missing Hair ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 11:18AM

Scientology may be awful, but I'll look elsewhere than Remini's memoir for information. A LOT of 1-Star Verified Purchase reviews on Amazon. The book is trash

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 11:37AM

Yeah? And whom do you think is posting negative reviews? Scientology, like LDS Inc, has an army of negative trolls. Are you one as well?

Posted by: Afraid of the Boogie Brethren ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 01:02AM

I thought her book was awesome! Its crazy how much TSCC has in common with Scientology!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.