Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Former Aspiring Bishop ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 02:18PM

Apostle Anderson kind of gives me that vibe, if you know what I'm sayin

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 02:22PM

Staitistically I would say yes.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 03:59AM

And at least one in every ward. Married to a woman but very effeminate. It’s like a sitcom without a laugh track.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 02:53PM

I know a lot of people that are gay that are not effeminate at all, so I think there are more than you think.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 06:03PM

+1000

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 03:37PM

If you mean secretly practicing forbidden acts, crimes against nature so to speak, men with other men, then very few are doing anything like that. I would guess none of the apostles and 3 or 4 of the Seventies. The real problem would be that there is no forgiveness, or as they used to say, it's a miracle if you're ever forgiven.

In their world, it isn't enough to go and sin no more. You have to debase yourself, humiliate yourself, give all the sordid details to a leering superior or maybe a full church council. They want to destroy you and build you up again as a desperate slave, and for most adult men that's too high a price to pay.

So yes, there are a few secrets among the Brethren. And many of them are fine men, and the finest among them could very well be those who live with their secrets and depend directly on Jesus rather than church politics for their forgiveness.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: December 06, 2018 04:08PM

You get the second anointing, you can sin as you like and suffer for your own sins. I expect a number of them do just that, though whether that's sexual sin i wouldn't know.

Date: December 10, 2018 06:04PM

That is the 3rd anointing.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 12:13AM

I know a seventy from High School and I am sure he is gay. He's married and I don't know anything about how he lives now, but I was very surprised to learn he had climbed the ladder from being a Stake President to MP, to GA.

I got to have dinner once with my wife's friends who are members of the Affirmation organization, they had some special guests from Utah, folks you would all know as being high profile gay exmos. The conversation at dinner turned to Spencer W. Kimball, the consensus was that they thought he was gay and cited many pieces of evidence, has always made me think we don't know as much about the dear leaders as we think we do. We all know Paul Dunn was an absolute phony, I learned on my mission that Thom Monson was a liar and a fake. I don't think it's far fetched that there are likely many closeted gay GAs living a lie. And what's much worse how many closeted perverts and abusers?

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 02:22AM

Given Oaks' rabid anti-LGBTQ stance, and his abuse of gay men while at BYU, I would not be surprised if he is compensating for "same sex attraction".

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 02:54PM

I definitely think Oaks is a closet case.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 12:28AM

......David Bednar whatttt ????

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 11:30AM

Former Aspiring Bishop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apostle Anderson kind of gives me that vibe, if you know what I'm sayin

You mean people who are "general authorities", still in the closet, afraid to come out?

I'm becoming one but the closet isn't big enough.
My general authorities come from many places.

Some are born in me and others require conscious maintenance & development.

Mormon "general authorities" think they are because the 'church' calls them that, as do the members, as do they, themselves. They aren't SPECIFIC.
They are called as such? I never called them. They never called me. They Give Up too easily, as I Get Down [off my high horse, and on the dance floor] too easily.

It's nice being a 'general authority'. It's work, but the pay is play.
FREE-AGENCY is the ONLY 'general authority' you will ever need.
If you need MORE, call me. I have MANY more. GA why?

I have a lot of Specific Authorities too.
If you need any of those... Be specific!

M@t

Posted by: Guy3 ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 01:52PM

When you said "closeted," I thought you meant "closeted non-believing GAs." Now I see people are talking about homosexuality, which makes sense.

But on the topic of closeted non bleieving GAs, or at least non-literal believing GAs I am almost certain there are some but don't want to disappoint their families. I am not in the camp where the top 15 know its false, I believe they are sincere believers like many of us were. But as for some of the 70s, I am sure some are closeted.

Date: December 10, 2018 06:06PM

Really, either one is awful. Being a leader of a misogynistic, homophobic, myth machine and thinking differently yet supporting creating misery for people is pretty crappy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.