Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 02:55PM

I mean, they sure look creepy. They seem like they’re willfully wrecking their own church. The church leadership, thanks to a concentration of power and prestige, is a magnet for psychopaths. Maybe making people suffer is how they get their kicks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 03:06PM

They would join only a handful of several million other people who have been called "the antichrist" over the past couple of millenia (including quite a few popes...).

Talk about an over-used term...

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 03:37PM

Always fun when I'm on the same page with our Atheist Extraordinaire!

As a Christian, I do believe in the supernatural, that there is a God and there is an Adversary. However, I don't go crediting God for mundane things, like remembering to bring my phone when I leave, and I don't blame Satan for hiding my keys. (I blame the gremlins.) Although I want to be cognizant of the spiritual realms, that kind of thinking trivializes things.

Calling the very-unsacred-fifteen "the antiChrist" trivializes them. The antiChrist will be far more evil (and attractive) than a bunch of stuffed suits. So you're right, Hie--calling this person and that group "anti-Christ" trivializes, even "profanes" the unholy.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 04:07PM

In the sense of leading ppl astray, taking their $ (some for own enrichment), using God/'religion' as a ploy, Yes.

I believe they're all Scared if they think it might be true...

Alma 34:34

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 04:39PM

They maybe anti-Christ but they are filled to their tits with, eve, Jesus. Maybe they are going Manti-Christ and becoming more like the true and living Christ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_and_Living_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Saints_of_the_Last_Days

They are just crazy about Jesus.

http://tlcfaith.org/when-your-credo-is-incognito/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 04:46PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 05:22PM

First, to stay on-thread: all these are the "true Restoration," or the "Restoration of the Restoration," and each one is the True Church or True Branch, and the other(s) is(are) antiChrist.

I came across an LDS apologist (a convert, I believe) who said he was attracted to LDS (SLC) because so many Christian groups had broken apart into various denominations, sects, churches, movements, and cults, but tCoJCoLdS was true because it derived from revelation, and not somebody else's variant doctrine.He included an elaborate chart with different Christian groups delineated with a multitude of lines, arrows, and connections, this way and that.

Then there's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mormon_Denominations.pdf

If you follow the link, be sure to click on the chart and bring it up to legible size. Siomply fascinating. Of all these schismatic groups, which one is the "one true (restored) Church?"

Date: December 10, 2018 05:50PM

Thanks. Interesting.

Church of Christ With the Elijah Message

Now with The Assured Way of the Lord!

Church of Christ With the Elijah Message, The Assured Way of the Lord, Inc.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 01:09PM

The one with the most money and real estate is always God's favorite.

It's the 21st century and God's message to the world, through his prophet is: "Let's go shopping!"

We know that the others are just apostate offshoots and spin-offs because they don't own any malls.

Go to City Creek Center food court and you can get a burning in your bosom. That will be the Holy Ghost telling you that it's true. (The Holy Ghost tastes like a mix of salsa sauce, garlic and donuts.)

Date: December 12, 2018 01:17PM

You sure Holy only penetrates you through your oral cavity?

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 05:49PM

Are they the Anti Nephi Lehi Christs because they hate the word Mormon?

Date: December 10, 2018 06:28PM

More likely is that they’ve lost their ability to distinguish fantasy from reality. Maybe in the past, there wasn’t a fascistic mindset. If the GAs wanted to do something crazy, there would be pushback.

These days, there’s only a brain-dead acquiescence. I’m sure it doesn’t sit well with the rank and file.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 09:39AM

The GAs are "less useful than a box of hyenas strapped to the hood of a Ford Pinto full of fidget spinners that are all out of balance."

Date: December 12, 2018 10:29AM

Money for nothing and your chicks for free.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 11:50AM

"I mean, they sure look creepy."

They are Michelangelic cherubim compared to the old Kimball-Tanner-Romney portraits that some members actually used to hang in their homes. In addition to grumpy, miserable, ruthless old men, those three looked, sounded, and probably smelled like the living dead. If they were cursed so badly with various illnesses, then how could anyone hope to be blessed by following them?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 01:42PM

Why would you insult the Anti-Christ with such an insinuation?

Ole "Anti" would chew them up and spit those old fools out without batting an eyelash.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 02:02PM

Sandy UT & online "Remnant" (Denver Snuffer Jr.)& Manti, UT (James Harmston) have current, separate - distinct groups, not sure if polyg is a common theme.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2018 02:14PM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.