Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 03:43PM

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/12/12/online-petition-claims/

Love the comments on the petition.

“To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else.”—David A. Bednar

"Remember, Mormon God is depicted as a sexually aroused and fully erect Egyptian fertility figure in MORmON scriptures (BoA, Fax 2, Fig 7). Pretty sure God said something about not having any Gods before Him or portraying him in the 10 Commandments! So count the rest of us NON MORmONs offended by MORmONs own depictions of God they foist upon us every day."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 03:54PM

“I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If people doesn’t believe in our faith, they must learn how to respect.”

No, actually, there is nothing forcing us to "respect" your religion, anonymous complainer. We must not.

Mockery of the absurd is not just amusing, it's very good at making a point. That the absurd is absurd.

Go, Deadpool!

Posted by: logged out this week ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 04:03PM

"If people doesn't believe in our faith, they must learn how to respect."

Meanwhile,

"I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: 'they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.'"

Such profound respect mormons have for other faiths, no?

Date: December 12, 2018 04:31PM

logged out this week Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "If people doesn't believe in our faith, they must
> learn how to respect."
>
Respect is earned, not demanded.
Since when have MORmONs respected anybody else's freedom from their delusional beliefs?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 06:54PM

Fear you can teach me!
Respect you have to earn!!

Date: December 12, 2018 09:10PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
> Fear you can teach me!
> Respect you have to earn!!

I would love to hear a TBMs honest answer to my main question,
"How do you call yourself an honest man, when you sing the praises of a man who had 33 pretend "wives" 11 of whom were married to other men and another 11 were teenage rape victims?"
Warren Jeffs was just doing what Smiths commanded him to do to get to heaven.
Now was Joseph Smith lying.
Or were all those 33 victims and their 11 husbands and their Fathers and Mothers liars?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 04:28PM

I may be wrong, but I think the Masons are still offended by Smith's theft of their secret rituals, handshakes and penalties.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 04:32PM

Mormons just don't know how to take a joke.....and you know what they say about people that can't take a joke.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 04:36PM

The petition could be a marketing gimmick to get Mormons to watch the PG-13 re-release of Deadpool 2, with its Princess Bride parody and other spoofs of family-friendly genres.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 08:43PM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
> The petition could be a marketing gimmick to get
> Mormons to watch the PG-13 re-release of Deadpool
> 2, with its Princess Bride parody and other spoofs
> of family-friendly genres.

Maybe.
Or not.

The painting mormons are so offended was "copied" is itself a copy. Of literally hundreds of others, some produced long before the mormon version, that show magic jesus coming in the clouds surrounded by angels. It's not original in any way.

Of course, mormons being clueless generally about the history of religion and/or the art associated with it, don't know that. They think their painting is the first, one, and only.

They're wrong.

Do a google search for "jesus second coming painting," and you'll see what I mean.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 11:52AM

Nope. This is a direct shot at Utah mormons. They don't care about their viewership. This is a direct result of the overzealous DABC (controlled by LDS Inc.) ill thought out attack on Brewvies. Ryan Reynolds contributed 5K to their defense fund, which ended up with a judgement for Utah to pay nearly 500K in legal fees and penalties. This was no coincidence. Notice mormons they started a petition. No legal action. They don't want the humiliation of another ass kicking in court.

Posted by: anonme ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 06:33PM

I ordered 2 of these posters from ebay. Will have a place of prominence in my home!

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 06:56PM

Mormons: Taking offense for 188 years.

Date: December 12, 2018 07:17PM

jacob Wrote:
> Mormons: Taking offense for 188 years.

Mormons: Ironically snowflakes since 1830.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 07:41PM

Perfect tag line for them. Poor persecuted little things.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 10:57PM

What the f? Got this:

We're sorry. The Salt Lake Tribune's web site, sltrib.com, is unavailable in the European Union. We are working with lawyers on compliance with the European Union's General Data Protection Requirements, and we expect to sltrib.com to be available once that is done. Thank you for your patience.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 09:13AM

OMG when I opened the paper this morning and saw Bagley's cartoon, I laughed out loud!!! There's going to be a LOT of upset mormons who will howl about disrespecting their "sacred, not secret" rituals! hahahaha.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 11:29PM

It's funny that some think that this new poster is "religious discrimination" and are offended by Dead Pool, when the original painting that hangs in all the mormon churches doesn't show a single person with brown hair or a person with brown skin.

I think I know what the real discrimination is...

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 10:35AM

Nailed it.

Date: December 13, 2018 12:52PM

anono this week Wrote:
> It's funny that some think that this new poster is
> "religious discrimination" and are offended by
> Dead Pool, when the original painting that hangs
> in all the mormon churches doesn't show a single
> person with brown hair or a person with brown
> skin.
>
> I think I know what the real discrimination is...
Ironically abusers tend to gaslight accusers by accusing them of abuse because they dared to speak up about the abuse.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 01:46PM

It may be offensive to some stodgy Mormons (we know how that goes), but it is not "discrimination." Discrimination is the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex. The active word is "treatment," like denying a person a service based on sex, race, or age.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 11:44AM

After reading the comments on the SLTrib"s FB article about this, I have learned two new words: Moflakes and Saintanists

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 01:37PM

The Dead Pool art is more accurate for Mormonism. Jesus hasn't returned. There is no one to offend except their dead genealogical pools.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.