Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 02:23PM

I don't post here very much, but I lurk here a lot. I spend sometimes up to a couple of hours a day here, mostly on and off, just a quick check to see what posters are saying. I used to spend a lot more time here, but I have slacked off some in the last few months.

What about you? for those who do not post so much, how much time do you spend reading, perusing, and generally studying others issues with tscc? Don't be shy, if you do, this is an opportunity for the rest of us to get to know who you are?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 03:52PM

I am very appreciative of lurkers. I think their presence is felt here and adds substance and credibility for everyone involved.

I've said before that so often when I've been in tight spots, lurkers come forward with the most important evidence and support imaginable. It's like magic!

Topping your post and hoping for replies, but we never know if or when lurkers will speak so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 03:53PM

Keep on lurking!

Posted by: anointed one ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:02PM

Posted by: lurker ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:05PM

the biggest tragedy of mormonism is when people see the light, they are drawn to the darkness of atheism and occultism, they've spent years and lifetimes praying to false gods [ as satan smiles ] then " deconstruct" god [ as satan laughs heartily] guess they are still following satans plan

Posted by: coyote ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:12PM

That's a bit off-topic, isn't it? And as an atheist, I take great offense to the characterization of it as 'darkness' and the frankly inexplicable attempt to relate it to occultism. As for 'deconstructing god', I see no reason to put significant effort into doing any such thing, for the same reason I put no effort into deconstructing, say, leprechauns.

On the subject of the original post, I post here occasionally but lurk here frequently, I've got the forum bookmarked and check it several times a day. Always entertaining reading.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:16PM

The darkness of atheism...

Everyone is an atheist. I doubt you believe in Zeus, Horus, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I take that back, you invoked Satan which means you're probably christian, which is a rip-off of other savior-deity myths like Horus. So you technically do believe in Horus, and Saturn, and Isis...

But I digress. You probably don't believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster so you are an atheist when it comes to his noodly lord. I pray that you will be touched by his noodly appendage and come to know him. Ramen.

Posted by: coyote ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:19PM

+1

Posted by: Oremite ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 07:30PM

Ditto

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:24PM

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 05:01PM

Only a few posters have realized that I am the only god to be worshipped and all other gods are false and tricksy.

Satan, always keeping me away from my precious.

Yes, precious.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 09:47PM

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 09:54PM by think4u.

Posted by: tennisonsundays ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:14PM

I am a lurker!! I am slightly addicted to this place...and I never fail to find a laugh or five. The reason I keep lurking is that I am trying to figure out a way to let my immediate family know I don't believe..they are all TBMS. I have always been the one who broke all the rules..it will probably not be much of a shock to them at all. My BFF said the best way to let them know is to post a picture on FB of me getting a tattoo, with a drink in my hand, wearing a slutty outfit! While that would do it and the tattoo is happening tomorrow, I will continue to lurk to find another way. Ciao for now.

Posted by: allwhowander ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:25PM

I check the boards most days and see what is going on, but rarely post. I've been out for about 5 years, resigned 2 years ago. Right now I am pretty comfortable with where I am and who I am, but these boards were a lifesaver for me when I was working through the issues of being raised TBM.

Lurker or regular poster-this board rocks!

Posted by: holytheghost ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:25PM

If you answer, then you have posted, and you are no longer a lurker. By answering you disqualify yourself from answering!
=)

Posted by: bdawn ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 04:31PM

I am primarily a lurker. I've lurked for 10 years, easily. I am also a nevermo, though I was married to a nazi TBM for a few years 13 years ago and we have 2 daughters together so I unfortunately still have to deal with him.

I've been learning about mormonism for 16 years and am amazed that after all these years of reading about the insanity, every now and again something new will pop up on the board that I've never heard before. There are so many layers to this onion, I'm not sure when they'll ever be fully pulled away.

I pop in every day, almost. I don't read ever single post, but close enough. I find the history and inner workings of this "religion" to be utterally fascinating.

I only post if I feel I have something meaningful to add to the discussion, or if I need to vent about the TBM's in my life.

Posted by: Chopped Liver ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 05:16PM

I have been a lurker/poster since 1996. I am Chopped Liver, formerly Roxydog1312, formerly Rhonda.

I came here when I first left the church, during a huge crisis in my life, and have been a poster/lurker since. I come here for the laughs now, and to catch up on what's going on in the church since I have no other connection to it.

I keep the RfM up all day at work. I have long periods of time where I don't have anything to do, and this looks like I'm working, hahaha, so I hang out and read a lot.

By the way, I'm getting ready to post my exit story. I will be sure to post on here when it's ready.

Thanks all you RfMers. Love you guys! You have no idea how much you have helped me through the years. Bless you all!

Posted by: Introverted Me ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 05:49PM

I have been lurking for a while now and I love these boards and posts! I've been LDS all my life (parents converted when I was three) and it's all I've ever known. Finally, now in my late 40's, I'm allowing myself to admit what I knew all along - that's it's a complete crock. The indocrination is stunning and the pressure to maintain and kowtow to supposedly eternal goals is mindblowing. I can't tell my family yet (dh knows and is fine with it), but I'm going to soon - I want to see our son married in the temple, so I have to keep all this under my hat until then. But, even though people don't know I know and I feel more liberated and free than I have ever felt before. I love it! I check out this site, and others, constantly - it's strange because, now that I'm completely through with the church, I can't seem to get enough of the "anti-Mormon" material (which is, actually, simply Mormon material that points out what most people attempt to ignore or cover up). I've read book after book and thousands of postings on various boards - what a relief to know that I'm not alone! The people on here are funny, enlightened, supportive, and perceptive - I'll continue to come back for a long time. Thank you all for what you're doing and the knowledge you're sharing! :)

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 05:52PM

I have lurked a lot for a year or two and rarely post, and then just on the light topics. I think I am intimidated about posting on more serious topics because I'm not an exmo, just raised sorta-mo. But I feel like I have gained so many insights into my family heritage since both sides of the family were mo's from pioneer days. What I read here explains an awful lot about all the weird stuff having grown up exposed so much to mormon culture.

I also love reading everyone's stories because I am constantly amazed at what a horrible, hypocritical cult the church truly is. Most people on the outside have absolutely no idea how truly bizarre it is, but I do my best to educate my friends about the truth!

Posted by: Hugh Geoffens-Kaamm ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 06:10PM

I've been lurking the past couple years at least.

Check in a time or two every day when I'm not out of range computerwise. Continually amaze my TBM DW when I learn and share church stuff here on the board that's not yet been announced out here in the "mission field" (North Texas).

I follow certain threads and certain board regulars but don't read everything. Contribute a comment occasionally. Generally tune out the squabbling into which some threads deteriorate . . . unless, of course, it's funny, which it often is.

It's a lot of fun and good to know that there's a whole community of like-minded (more-or-less) people out there. I'd like to know if there are any members of that community in this area (Denton and environs).

Posted by: princess_ ariadne ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 06:25PM

i have been lurking here for about 6 months. I post occasionally on silly threads. This forum has helped me deal with a lot of things the tscc has put me through and realizing i am not alone. maybe sometime i will post my exit story when i finally resign from the church.

Posted by: dgbard ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 06:35PM

Me me me pick me!! I lurk because while I've found my voice in private, I'm still working on my outside one.

I've got no problem with family and now that my girlfriends' family is all gung ho kolobian style, I see some awkward conversations in the future.

It's kind of odd that I don't feel totally comfortable because I see this board as a "safe" outlet from the Utah grind. That, and I stop by all day to see what's new.

Posted by: likeithere ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 06:38PM

I have been lurking since this past winter. I am not a mormon. I am a christian. I find the people here to be smart and decient. I don't always agree with some of the posts but I enjoy comming here.I have learned a lot.

likeithere

Posted by: Neverland ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 07:08PM

I'm a lurker and this is my first post... I'm a nevermo who has grown up around a lot of mos in Washington state and have always been interested in mormonism (not to join it of course)

I must say I learn a lot from this board and it has provided me with hours of entertainment.

Posted by: rallychild ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 07:17PM

I would consider myself a pretty consistent lurker.

Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 07:23PM

I lurk on here a lot. People have an awesome sense of humor. Sometimes I post, usually in little bursts, but I'm on here way more than I post.

I don't like to post too much.

Posted by: Checker of minor facts ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 08:57PM

Me. Post very little. I guess I've been out for so long, I don't have anything useful to offer.

Posted by: koolman2 ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 09:31PM

I mainly lurk. I might post once a week or so, but I visit daily.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: June 15, 2011 09:35PM

Posted by: lurker99 ( )
Date: June 16, 2011 12:22AM

I've been lurking here since 1999. I lurk here a lot because I'm a nevermo who lives in moville. Half of my relatives are mormon and I come from a mormon ancestory. So, unfortunately, mormonism is part of my past. This site literally saved my soul. I took the missionary discussion in 1995 while I was in college, but graduated before taking all 6 discussions. Four years later, I wanted to learn more about mormonism so I could understand why my nevermo family didn't like them. I found this site and had my eyes opened. Like the Bible says, the truth will set you free.

I have learned a lot over the years about how mormonism works and about their typical behaviors. It has helped me to better be on guard when I'm around mormons. Sometimes I visit this site just to be reminded at how thankful I am that my parents never raised me in that church.

Posted by: Sunbeam ( )
Date: June 16, 2011 12:31AM

I've been a lurker for a decade

Posted by: HusbandofTBM ( )
Date: June 16, 2011 12:48AM

.....My screen name is HusbandofTBM and... I'm a lurker.....

I sneak and read here as much as possible, but rarely post.
I like the stories of people who were ultra TBM and left tscc.
Gives me hope.

Posted by: Phoebe Abiff ( )
Date: June 16, 2011 12:51AM

I mainly lurk. I found RfM just over two years ago, and it was a tremendous help to me as I was leaving mormonism. I posted a few times on the old board. On this newer board I think I have only posted once (just the other day, actually).

I check in here at LEAST once a day.

Posted by: CM ( )
Date: June 16, 2011 01:19AM

I have been out for a long time and not much about it interests me. I still have extended family in, I try to keep a toe in to understand what is going on with them.

I have been lurking more recently, ran in to something on another board where they were going off about how HORRIBLE this place is, how many bullies there are and how they could run the site better. Funny thing, I don't see it. I guess I am stupid or something. The more I lurk the more I like!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.