Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Healed ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 11:21AM

If the 15 at the top had a “sure knowledge” of the truth of their celestial reward, why are they all not clammering to get there? Instead, they tenaciously hang on to earthly life, into illness and often painful old age, in spite of their second anointing. You would think that they would all be rushing to their reward of creating worlds and enjoyment of multiple wives. Just sayin -

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sillyrabbit ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 11:32AM

Not weird at all. Not sure why you think so.

Having a sure knowledge that I'll be an active participant in my next conference call today doesn't mean I should drop early from the one I'm currently on. They're not going to start the next one early on my account. Just sayin -

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 12:26PM

GBH seemed to hold on as long as he could. I think they're scared because nobody knows nothing beyond death.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 12:32PM

Ah but they do know that the BS they've been peddling is Pure caw-caw.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 01:10PM

The instinct to survive gifted us by evolution is stronger than the wish to please God's by being called home and becoming a missionary in spirit prison.

Deep down, the genes we have inherited know the truth that Mother Nature has known all along.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 01:39PM

And another thing . . .

I was stuck in a public place the other day and they were playing that song by Bette Midler, "From a Distance." It's much too syrupy for me. But she keeps warbling over and over and over,

"God is watching us! God is watching us. God is watching us."

And I realized that no one actually believes that--especially the ones who claim they do, like, say, the Mormons. Ninety-eight percent or something like that of Prison inmates believe in God. They believed in God as they murdered and stole and beat. Mormons believe in God as they beat their wives, kick their gay kids out or single them out, as they blame women for men's actions. Lust after their neighbor's wife and bear false witness, and on and on. They will do all that and still raise their voice in their solemn witness to their Heavenly Father once a month.

God Schmod! They are worried that the other ward members are watching them. They are worried what the other ward members think. They are worried that they will get found out. They are worried if the world sees them as superior with some mysterious glow that only Mormons have. They are worried that somebody find out about inappropriate behavior they have engaged in. Testimony tears are for the congregation, not for God.

All the while their supposed God, Mister Omniscience Himself, is fully capable of looking behind their carefully constructed facades or at least assigning a ministering angel to take a peek and start making black marks by their names in his book. Are they worried about this? Ha ha and ha.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 01:40PM

Personally I find a $2 bill stranger.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 01:59PM

Like the rest of humanity, they know deep down inside that there is nothing but worms awaiting each of us.
Of course, unlike the rest of us, they have a sure knowledge that God hasn't spoken to any of them.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 14, 2018 10:25PM

Healed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the 15 at the top had a “sure knowledge” of
> the truth of their celestial reward, why are they
> all not clammering to get there? Instead, they
> tenaciously hang on to earthly life, into illness
> and often painful old age, in spite of their
> second anointing. You would think that they would
> all be rushing to their reward of creating worlds
> and enjoyment of multiple wives. Just sayin -

They aren't done paying tithing yet.

They want to take care of tscc, like it took care of them.
Right

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.