Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 14, 2018 03:46AM

I have no reason to think that my cancer is coming back, but still. . .Does anybody have an online group they recommend?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 14, 2018 10:20AM

I haven't found one yet but not actively seeking one out.

If I have a question, I google it, which often leads to discussion boards. Maybe that might help ya?

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: December 14, 2018 10:46AM

Your treatment center may have suggestions for both in person and on-line. The nurses are usually very knowledgeable and happy to help.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 14, 2018 12:04PM

I found a support group here, but I just didn't fit in. Lots of discussion about reconstruction, which I don't care about.

The American Cancer Society will refer you to various on-line support groups.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 14, 2018 12:57PM

There is one such group in my metro area. It is on the other side of a large city, so I don't make the effort to go to their meetings. If it were closer I might.

Where I go to worship services there is a group of women I sit with for kiddush following services (it's like a brunch,) that turns out the majority of us are breast cancer survivors. Oddly enough, that has become a support group of sorts.

When I was telling one of the women who sits with us that last weekend, she informed me back she too is a a cancer survivor. Of kidney cancer. She is surviving on one kidney now. The other one she had removed during one of her last winters she spent in Salt Lake City. She told me it has one of the finest cancer treatment centers in the country. She received very competent care while living there.

Her poor husband didn't fare so well. He hit his head falling out of his hospital bed while in a Salt Lake City hospital, which put him into a vegetative state for the next several years before finally succumbing to his injuries.

By the grace of God goes each one of us. Should the hospital have had better siderails on its in-patient beds? If you ask me, YES.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: December 14, 2018 01:25PM

https://www.inspire.com/categories/
This is a good site; I like it.
It covers a lot of diseases and illnesses.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.