Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: December 15, 2018 03:03PM

A couple of days ago, I noticed an article in the Air Force Times about psychologist Heath Sommer. Sommer, who once practiced in Pocatello, Idaho and has written several “mental health thrillers”, had convinced several female members of the Air Force to engage in sexual acts as a means of “exposure therapy”. He had one officer eat leftover Chinese food to simulate the badly cooked goat meat she had eaten in Afghanistan before she was assaulted. The psychologist then had sex with her, which continued nine times over a couple of months before she finally realized it was wrong.

I was initially upset over comments made on the article by people who blamed Sommer’s victims. Then I did some online sleuthing and ended up on the guy’s Facebook page. He was pictured with nine kids, which apparently are all his. I took note of the shorts he was wearing. They set off my Modar, because they were the kind that go to the knee to cover garments.

I did more digging, and it appears that this guy is LDS. Then I found his author page on Amazon and his personal page. I have no idea what led this man to abuse his clients the way he did. I almost wonder if he didn’t gather story ideas from the people who came to see him.

At one point, the officer who had sex with him said she slept over while the wife was there. Like, one time, the wife was even in bed with them.

The funny thing is, I didn’t initially consider religion until I started reading more about the case. I feel sorry for this guy’s wife and kids, although I am even sorrier for his victims. He’s clearly one of those mental health professionals who needs more help than his clients do. Scary to think he was teaching classes, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2018 03:46PM by knotheadusc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: December 15, 2018 03:58PM

...you have to be careful interacting with military psychologists or shrinks in general. In fact, some VA Centers have secure facilities within them for the vets deemed "dangerous, unresponsive or combative." Typically, they are used for testing and the administration of new, or controversial/unproven treatments on individuals who have been put in their charge. Nothing new really, but as a VA user, I have seen the secure ward facilities. Not all are suspect, but MKULTRA never went away, it just shifted, morphed, and was renamed. A long-discussed example of SRA within the military was the Satanic Temple of Set founder Lt.Col. Michael Aquino. Aquino was said to be a part of the MKULTRA testing cadre. Cathy O'Brien, a MKULTRA survivor claims Aquino performed sexual mutilation on her, which, was verified by medically-supervised photographs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDU5qdtd7eYB05aaBNeU3PvlpqPD7BINffT2Opd7fORuW2hsAvKA

https://i0.wp.com/www.howardnema.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/michaelaq.png?resize=474%2C255&ssl=1

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: December 16, 2018 01:46PM

What is really sad is that it takes a lot to get veterans to get much needed counseling because they could lose security clearances over psych treatments. And this guy, hired by the military to help veterans, turns out to be a complete psycho.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.