Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormon Nomore ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 12:25AM

The new year will be worth what you carefully choose as the right objective, then achieving it steadily through focused daily actions.

During 2019 I will pay for the large lot that will provide a place for my new family's future.

https://youtu.be/L4N1q4RNi9I

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 10:40AM

I don't intend to make any plans or resolutions that I haven't already made.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 10:52AM

Being a newly diagnosed diabetic, my goal is to stop eating as though nothing has changed and to actually get control of my sugar levels.

I also want to put away the credit cards and take some control over them as well.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 02:18PM

I'm hoping to make positive changes in my diet, as well, Greyfort. And I hope to have a better handle on my finances as well. But my main goal is to be more active. Given a choice, I'm quite the sloth in my downtime from work, and I need to get up and moving more for the sake of my health.

Date: December 30, 2018 03:12PM

I've been trying to watch my weight also. Especially since the anti-hormone medication caused my weight to creep up this past spring. It's an uphill battle for me. I'm finally on a medically approved diet by my doctor.

Paying down and ultimately off the credit cards is one of my goals as well. Each time I pay one off, it's like giving myself a pay increase. Then cutting them up and not using them again, or just cancelling them would be better.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 11:03AM

Obviously, due to the wondrous Correlation program, all my resolutions for 2019 are supposed to be to strictly obey Nelson's resolutions for 2019. That's how things work in this peculiar religion of ours.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 11:24AM

...critical mass.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 11:32AM

my 2018 was my very own annus horribilis.

2019 is shaping up to be super interesting, I'll give you that.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 01:57PM

To be more brief.

LOL, Amyjo. Every year, I make the same resolutions.

Keep on trying.

Date: December 30, 2018 06:53PM

We must be twinsies.

;D

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 02:28PM

Yay! We have another year, and I'm giving myself an extension!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 02:47PM

another period of time away from the MoCult & the damage that it does to families & individuals; Thanks! RfM!!

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 03:54PM

-Enjoy life more.
-Get my poetry book published.
-Improve as a person.
-Continuing the De-Mormonization (it's not a word, I know. Ha!) proces that I've been working on for two years.
-Work on fundraising/awareness projects.

I'm sure I'll add as the year goes on.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 05:51PM

Things really changed for me toward the end of this year. And it really felt like a new beginning. The beginning of my self-care phase of my life. It's all about ME now and I think it was the first time I was really able to accept that I am not responsible for anyone else's ridiculous issues.

So I am just excited to continue on this path. Some new things I've tried are restorative yoga, cooking classes at Whole Foods and forcing myself to cook better food instead of eating out. I did a cool short=term writers group, got some good binoculars and doing some birding, making myself leave work at work more, decreasing my internet time.

So for this year I am looking for more hobbies, interests and challenges--physically, emotionally, intellectually. I'm bringing it in for awhile and decreasing volunteer time. And most of all, quieting the noise.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 31, 2018 12:56AM

Good for you.

That is NOT something that we were taught how to do in the mormon church.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 06:30PM

I sit on the volunteer board of an agency which provides services to persons with developmental disabilities. As vice president I want to immerse myself in doing what's best for the agency and the people it serves (my daughter is a client). Previously I served as board president of another agency for 20 years and stepped away 5 years ago. Excited for what lies ahead.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 07:16PM

...analog again...

(fingers crossed)

Human

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 08:31PM

1) learn to cook more variety of things, to improve my meals.
2) stop investing so much in a long term 401k and start investing more where I can get my hands on the money easier. What's the point of saving if I can't get at it for fun stuff?

Date: December 30, 2018 09:20PM

Goal #1 was to repair my terrible credit scores. They were 640-ish January 1, 2018. On December 1 I reached 800 exactly. Loan offers and credit card sharks deluged my email box. Took out a loan for $17,000 and goal #1 in 2019 is to pay it off rapidly. , then boost the scores even higher...using a new low interest loan to build our home.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 31, 2018 02:26AM

I have resolved not to make any New Year's resolutions. I have done this in years past and always succeed.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 01, 2019 12:16AM

I will continue my creative work and follow it wherever it goes.

Date: January 01, 2019 11:49AM

A favorite micro-hobby I started in 2016 is to take a stopwatch and notebook to a place with perfect peace. While there, to write rapidly the greatest ideas randomly for 30 minutes only.

This revving up of the mind has generated 97% garbage, but about 3% of avenues that I then pass along to close Thoughtsmen and women.

There lies deep within each of us valuable ideas that may never find life, due to distractions, exhaustion and intellectual sloth.

I love being alive in 2019 more than I ever thought possible.

Google, YouTube, eBay, The BBC and a handful of other amazing websites have stuffed my leisure hours with sweet delicacies that cause me to lust for the future.

Filtering out negativity and injecting powerfully motivational quotes, Biographies and theories has made my life a recurrent mellow orgasm.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 01, 2019 01:00PM

That's all I care about. I have exactly 6 months to go.

Date: January 01, 2019 01:19PM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's all I care about. I have exactly 6 months
> to go.

WAY COOL.

Posted by: What else do you need? ( )
Date: January 01, 2019 09:00PM

Mediocrity

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.