Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 08:37PM

Who's the one person who you trust most in the world?
Now and/or dead?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 08:38PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 08:40PM

He was my "saving grace" in my family. He came along when I was 11 and I took care of him a lot as our brother 3 years older than him has a lot of disabilities and my parents were busy taking care of that brother. My brother is 6 feet 3 inches and I'm 5 feet 11 inches, so he isn't my "little" brother. He considers me one of his mothers.

Who do you believe most in this world? Myself. Dead--I believe in my parents. They weren't perfect, but they were good people. I'd love to have them with me. It is my mother's birthday today. She's been dead just over 10 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 08:41PM by cl2.

Posted by: Evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 09:24PM

I'm sorry you lost your mom. I lost my mom fifty years ago and I still cry.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 10:30AM

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 08:45PM

There is no other-wordly being out there that is going to save us. Our gods will not save us, our government will not save us. The only thing we can truly count on is each other.

Look at the people standing next to you in your life. Chances are if you need help those are the people that are going to help you.

There is no eternal life. All we have is right now. There are no do-overs in the afterlife. If you wrong someone make it right - right now.

Open your heart to all people. You have so much more in common than either of you realize.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 07:13AM

You’re right.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 08:47PM

My Self!

If I don't know something, I find the answer online, from my own experience, or by consulting with experts. If I can't do something (such as surgery or dentistry) I hire a professional to do it. I do the research to find a the best people for the job. I choose not to work with known criminals or Mormons. I know what I want, and what makes me happy. I now how to say "No"

I'm limited, but I do have a vote, only one, just like everyone else. I can't control forces of nature, but I can prepare and adapt. I trust myself to not deliberately put myself in harm's way.

After all, who cares more about me? Who thinks I'm more important, than my self?

When I was a TBM, I trusted everyone more than myself--the church, my parents and what they taught me, adult priesthood "authorities", The Prophet, teachers, assertive peers, salespeople, sociopaths....

Now, if I have any doubts, I just say "NO".

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 10:53PM

Yeah, I've proved to be sufficiently reliable -- certainly more trustworthy in regards to my best interests than most people who've been in my life.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 09:11PM

I trust the natural man. The one the Mormon church eschews. The one they spurn, reject with disdain and contempt. Tarzan. Living by his heightened senses. Smell, taste, touch, sight, sound and a brain that knows how to use them. Knowing he is the prey even as he hunts and forages. Understanding his humanity. Understanding his connection to all things. Understanding that he too is a beast and that the dangerous jungle also nourishes.

Well, that is how I like to think of myself anyway since I got the hell out of the Mormon church. Since I chose me over them and at the same time chose me over anyone else.

When I'm wrong at least I know I had my own best interests at heart. I'm the one person who could never fool me.

Trust. Hmmmn. RBG would be a close second. :)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 09:35AM

Meta narrative ?

Date: January 09, 2019 10:19AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meta narrative ?

an overarching account or interpretation of events and circumstances that provides a pattern or structure for people’s beliefs and gives meaning to their experiences.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 10:37AM

Men are that they might have bacon.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 11:28AM

And women are that they might have shoes?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 11:45AM

Who is that they may have meta narratives?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 12:08PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is that they may have meta narratives?

Those who feel they need an overarching account or interpretation of events and circumstances that provides a pattern or structure for their beliefs and gives meaning to their experiences.

So not me. :)

Date: January 09, 2019 10:04PM

For me it is the Tao, singularity
And yin-yang, super symetry.
E=mc^2
m=E/c^2
God Particle (Minus the "Particle" since it's an oceanic field that slows down energy to the point it matters)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 12:22AM by koriwhore.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 10:19PM

Martin Gore

Has written more truth as a songwriter than 200 years of Mormon shenanigans.

You had something to hide
Should have hidden it, shouldn't you
Now you're not satisfied
With what you're being put through
It's just time to pay the price
For not listening to advice
And deciding in your youth
On the policy of truth

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.