Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 12:25PM

Anyone here have LDS friends or relatives make blatant religious posts on your LinkedIn feed? I have a live and let live approach to communication, but I have had to drop people who made me feel like I was being outed as a Mormon. I do not want to be guilty of bigotry or discrimination but how do you deal with people who won't respect boundaries?

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 11:29PM

My thoughts is that social media is really going down hill. What with the rise of partisan news that is constantly pushing an agenda. And the dishonest sharing of data stuff from google and facebook, People are really scaling back on posting anything lately. There is a popular movement to eliminate social media all together because the social connections that were suppose to happen haven't happened at all, instead it's turned into a place that's all about presenting a fake life. And getting ticked off because everyone is always doing so much better than you.

Personally I don't mind religious posts, but they are few and far between.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 11:48PM

It's your page/profile etc. You have every right to control it. If someone can't behave block em.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 05:42AM

LinkedIn is for job-related networking. I would definitely be unhappy with someone who outed my personal life there in any way, including religion. I agree with Heartless -- drop the person or delete their posts if they can't keep it professional.

On Facebook, I can tolerate a certain number of religious posts from any one of my FB friends. But if a friend is "all religion all the time," I unfollow that person. I was able to block anything from LDS.org and Mormon.org back when Facebook let you block shares from selected sites. That was helpful, but then one of my Mormon pals started cutting and pasting Mormon-themed memes, quotes from Apostles, etc. She was also big on "Light the World" every December. Since about 90% of her posts were Mormon-themed, I unfollowed her. I sometimes wonder if TBMs realize, in their zeal to be good member missionaries for their religion, how unbearable they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 05:44AM by summer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.