Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 01:45PM

he did not come up with that particular gem on his own
AS IF HinckLIEy ever had to eat any tough beef for a lack of having anything else.

At one time at aged Hinckley was being driven to the airport in an extended Lincoln Town Car. For what ever reason, like being so old that the slightest jostling around is upsetting and disconcerting, HinckLIEy thought the car was rough riding and he said so. That particular car was immediately disposed of. I know about this incident because an extended family member who worked for LDS Inc at the time, bid on the car as it went up for sale and he got it. He was proud as Hell of the HinckLIEy associated relic that he had managed to obtain.

Then the pretentious ass HinckLIEy wants to talk about how people should cheerfully endure being jostled around on a passenger train rail car, or whatever other burden that comes up.

https://ldsmag.com/8-things-the-prophets-didnt-say/?fbclid=IwAR1jWF4ULSjFqiOqy9L-veaCymmQtbTqPzXBJ64_kToCgMBVd7wC47VVusU

http://quodid.com/quotes/528/jenkin-lloyd-jones/anyone-who-imagines-that-bliss-is-normal-in?fbclid=IwAR0dBwCr6vniV0yI_gEQ-_UjSCpJuUmXOZNuvw5-8MLhQ8xGqakaZEnlJyM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 02:21PM

I have an idea for a new mission: filling Utah’s potholes. That way the GAs can ride in comfort and mishies don’t have to sell an unsellable gospel.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 04:00PM

Always looking for ways to make money, Salt Lake City will be offering burro tours of the city's potholes.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 03:52PM

My parent's home ward met in the Joseph Smith memorial building. They lived in a condominium in downtown Salt Lake and were in President Hinkley's home ward.

Sometimes Hinkley would attend sacrament meeting and would come out a certain door in the building with his security and he would sit on the stand for sacrament meeting and then leave.

The grandkids wanted to meet the prophet and my mom said if he's coming to church today he will come out that door. Sure enough the door opened and out comes Hinckley with his security. The grandkids were very excited but Hinckley seemed annoyed. He wasn't very friendly.

I only met him once in an elevator. He looked very tired. To me he kind of seemed miserable actually but he could turn on the show when needed. Thomas S. Monson on the other hand seemed to actually enjoy smoozing with people. My mom ran into him at Little America having breakfast and she had my niece with her. Monson couldn't have been nicer and really seemed to enjoy talking with my niece.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 04:02PM

Good stories, Smirk and Rubicon, thanks!

Babylon, I have an idea that filling potholes would make the Missionaries very popular, very fast, in most cities!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 09:44PM

POS car was beaten up by reckless missionary driving. It continually stalled due to a bad transmission.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2161112,2162184#msg-2162184

Date: January 10, 2019 02:48AM

This ties right in with this thread.

so this article is based on HinckLIEy's stupid and highly pretentious commentary. this article talks about people who have a lot, but NEVER have the money to build their dream home on it, so they live out their years in a rental home, and they are supposed to be just fine with it according to MORmONS and MORmONISM

......HELLO!!!! that is one Hell of a one sided commentary, coming from LDS Inc inspired MORmON sources, LD$ inc being the corporate business entity who payed half a billion to buy existing SLC malls and another half a billion to demolish those perfectly functional mall structured to in order to build a much fancier and much more EXPENSIVE mall in their place, spending multi billions in the obscenely extravagant process of getting just exactly what LD$ Inc just had to have in order to feel good about themselves.

It boggles my mind that MORmON members can be so damn stupid !!!!

MORmON leaders are so full of CRAP!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzMMCA3mmGk

http://grandmapalspocket.blogspot.com/2015/01/338-maurine-proctor-of-meridian.html

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 10:50AM

Back in the day when I was a TBM, I was one of the visiting teachers for GBH's granddaughter. She had cancer and was confined to bed. I asked her if her grandfather had called or visited with her, whether in the hospital or at home. She said no, that he was too busy and that he had so many obligations to fill. I thought: "what a creep"! He won't even take a few minutes to call her! But he could sure schedule in his TV interviews to make himself look all so speshul!

Date: January 10, 2019 03:49PM

Wow! .....just wow!

MORmONISM is all about fami ......MOReMONey for LD$ inc !!!!!! .

> I thought: "what a creep"!

and you were correct !!!!

Date: January 10, 2019 03:54PM

did she survive ??

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 10:45PM

No,she passed away a few months later. Left behind a husband and 5 children, the youngest was about 2 years old. So sad.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: February 07, 2019 04:09PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.