Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warren Jeffs ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 07:53AM

How are the oldest generations of mormon reacting to the new 2 hour church meetings?And how are they accepting 11 year olds can join the aaronic priesthood to become deacons?I have heard some reports about girls now passing the sacrament when the church acts out of desperation because of not enough boys to pass the sacrament?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 08:26AM

My folks aren't complaining about 2 hour church, in fact I haven't heard a single bad comment from anyone in Utah. Nobody likes going to church anyway apparently?

And not a peep about the 11 year olds.

Now in my opinion (that I'm sure matters soooo much) I think it's bad to lower the ages and dumb it down (such as lowering the missionary age). It can't be good for actually selling mormondom door to door. Last time the elders knocked on my door they just seemed so young. How is some teenager (who is just out of high school for the summer) suppose to be able to comprehend peoples problems? They are barely old enough to wipe their own noses. They are still playing with toys, almost.

And the little girls are only interested in boys. I was at temple square last year and the darling little girl that was suppose to know the history of the building kept saying we all have troubles, and need to pray. Troubles like.. boy troubles (giggle, giggle). I was trying to ask her about the building, and the 1880s and she didn't know anything, even though that's her job.

I was thinking, is this for real?

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 09:00AM

No matter how many little 11 year old boys there are to pass the sacrament, the morg would NEVER allow girls to fill in if they were short handed.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 09:23AM

In a recent address to the women of the Church Russ told them they have the Priesthood too. Meaning I guess if yiu go to the temple or what ever. As I read the talk it jumped out at me. I have heard it before in passing but never over the pulpit.

With the big push for equality you can bet a dollar this is coming. I have seen posts on facebook and other sites that since they changed the stuff in the temple for women, women are saying it's time to change and give women leadership positions that men have. I sense that women now feel they have power in the Church and its time to modernize the Church to be like other Churches.

Preparing the Sacrament, passing the Sacrament and blessing the Sacrament are not positions that require a lot of skill. A lot of other Churches are having women perform those tasks.

I think we will see women give blessings of healing soon.

The days of the the Mormon Church being a differnet Church are over except for the paying of 10%.

Speaking of cutbacks. They even announced last Sunday they are not giving announcements anymore at the beginning of Sacrament meeting. Look on line for them we were told.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 03:41PM

For the first half of its existence women regularly gave healing blessings.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 09:30AM

Are you saying that older members are easily confused and younger ones are not?

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 09:50AM

I had a seminary teacher who was fond of saying that it was OK for a woman to hold the priesthood but only after she married him.
Some hilarious Mormon humor there.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 10:46AM

If members are supposed to look online for announcements good luck in some wards, the fb page where I went hadn't been updated in 3 years (apparently no one wanted that calling?)

I imagine after no one ever comes to things they will start doing the announcements again.

Date: January 10, 2019 10:48AM

If the church goes like society in general, all the meaningless
repetitive stupid low-paying (low-status) jobs will become 'women's' positions and men will only do what's "more important."

I imagine sacrament will soon become women's work as will anything else the men don't really want to do.

Posted by: Curelom Joe ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 05:07PM

Orson Scott Card defined "Relief Society," many years ago, as "the organization to which the Priesthood delegates anything that has to be done right and on time."

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 10:52AM

He probably heard that from his grandparents.

Posted by: laughing in provo ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 11:18AM

i am older and confused in general. why are all of the things that i have been taught as true for years being changed now and called better. has everything i have been taught in the past incorrect? how can i trust what is current thinking when this can all be changed in the blink of an eye?

i dont care that 11 year olds can have the priesthood but it blows my thinking that 12 year old had the priesthood because the Savior was 12 when he taught in the temple and explained to joseph and mary that it was time he was about his fathers business.

i wish church was only one hour or less. just give me the sacrament and forget about boring uninspired talks that have nothing to do with the scriptures.

Date: January 10, 2019 11:30AM

I spent my year studying Gospel Principles and taking the class under a very knowledgeable and dedicated teacher who constantly taught us from the BoM, PoGP, etc.

The new book has hardly a reference to any of what I studied, seems to be all just from the Bible.

I would think it is confusing to many not just older or younger members.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 12:34PM

Just wonder why they keep ignoring the scripture that states clearly that a Deacon is to be the husband of one wife?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 03:45PM

The bible has little or no value to mormons. It is only believed "as far as it is translated correctly" in addition, mormon profits can and do regularly claim to receive divine guidance to change things.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 10, 2019 01:44PM

They probably don't care a dam about it.

Just another change.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 05:18PM

It's eleven year old males who are allowed to minister the sacrament. Not the girls.

TSCC is not now or in the future prepared to admit women into the priesthood. It is too repressive and a male dominated patriarchal system to allow that change to take place.

Ain't gonna happen. Not even to pass the Sacrament.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 05:48PM

But girls can wash the trays and iron the sheets, I mean table cloths. I my ward a woman (a grand lady) made the bread. Mmmmm it was the best. Sometimes it was still hot and our hands would be all buttery.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 11:46PM

I would (almost?) attend Mormon Inc. / ChurchCo if I learned girls are passing the Sac!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 07:23AM

Girls can pass as boys, BUT
Boys can't pass as girls
Unless girls pass as boys

It's a FORCED position anyway
Like all LDS callings/ impositions

There is no unisex uniform, YET
Girls can't pass the sacks... YET.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.