Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 08:21AM

Mormonism is morphing right before our very eyes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 04:13PM

So what changes this time?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 04:30PM

I will tell you through a veil.

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 09:20AM

Elder Berry, you made me laugh out loud.

If technology were better, we post that to the board with a deep voice and chronic halitosis.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 04:20PM

...you will now be allowed to adjust your tangled and impacted wedgie, BEFORE crossing thru the veil.

Posted by: Comoros ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 08:26PM

The day I received my endowments, a kindly looking brother spoke to us 19-year olds (this is several decades back, pre 1990), and probably quoted this about the Temple ceremony never changing:
“[God] set the temple ordinances to be the same forever and ever and set Adam to watch over them, to reveal them from heaven to man, or to send angels to reveal them." - The Prophet Joseph Smith, History of the Church, vol.4, p. 208

When I got to the Celestial room, groped, mind-raped and bewildered, my father told me they used to say the devil had a black skin. My Priest Quorum leader said they just took out a Protestant song the temple patrons would sing.

I immediately knew something was wrong.
I was ashamed.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 10:37PM

After one of the many rounds of changes, I remember reading something along the line of...the endowment is the same, the means by which it is conveyed changes.

The of course they took out the throat slitting, so the endowment did change.

Posted by: logged out 4 now ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 01:45PM

"the endowment is the same, the means by which it is conveyed changes"

Which of course is total apologetic BS. Using identical logic, TSCC can use *any* means to convey the endowment. Anything can be changed, and everything is disposable. They don't need to show a movie at all. They don't need the new name or the veil or the prayer circle or the celestial room. The officiator could just gather the group, wave his arms, and say, "Congrats, you're endowed."

Hell, they don't even need the handshakes. These types of mental gymnasts think the handshakes are symbolic anyway, so why even bother? They could do it by email, FFS. "Same endowment, different means."

Posted by: Please help with ref link ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 12:55AM

Help: Unable to get to reference.
https://byustudies.byu.edu/content/volume-4-chapter-11

[Page 208]
Now the purpose in Himself in the winding up scene of the last dispensation is that all things pertaining to that dispensation should be conducted precisely in accordance with the preceding dispensations.
And again, God purposed in Himself that there should not be an eternal fullness until every dispensation should be fulfilled and gathered together in one, and that all things whatsoever, that should be gathered together in one in those dispensations unto the same fullness and eternal glory, should be in Christ Jesus; therefore He set the ordinances to be the same forever and ever, and set Adam to watch over them, to reveal them from heaven to man, or to send angels to reveal them."Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14).
These angels are under the direction of Michael or Adam, who acts under the direction of the Lord. From the above quotation we learn that Paul perfectly understood the purposes of God in relation to His connection with man, and that glorious and perfect order which He established in Himself, whereby he sent forth power, revelations, and glory.
God will not acknowledge that which He has not called, ordained, and chosen. In the beginning God called Adam by His own voice. "And the Lord called unto Adam and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked, and hid myself" (See Genesis 3:9-10). Adam received commandments and instructions from God: this was the order from the beginning.
That he received revelations, commandments and ordinances at the beginning is beyond the power of controversy; else how did they begin to offer sacrifices to God in an acceptable manner? And if they offered sacrifices they must be authorized by ordination. We read in Genesis, 4th chap., 4th, that Abel brought of the firstlings of the flock and the fat thereof, and the Lord had respect to Abel and to his offering. And, again, "By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and by it he being dead, yet speaketh" (Hebrews 11:4). How doth he yet speak? Why he magnified the Priesthood which was conferred upon him, and died a righteous man, and therefore has become an angel of God by receiving his body from the dead, holding still the keys of his dispensation; and was sent down from heaven unto Paul to minister consoling words, and to commit unto him a knowledge of the mysteries of godliness.
[Page 209]

Posted by: logged out 4 now ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 01:54PM

It's from the Documentary History of the Church 4:208. JS gave the address at Nauvoo in October 1840.

Also found in Fielding's "Teachings of the Prophet JS," p. 168.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 01:48AM

Nelson is clearly showing the signs of being pus-sy whipped by trying to fix every tiny thing that Wendy tells him is wrong.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 02:32AM

I guess you put her in her place. Sounds like someone has mommy issues.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 02:46AM

Women rule the Mormon church, but they wisely let the men think men rule it...

Just sayin'

Posted by: AJM ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 08:07AM

GNPE1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Women rule the Mormon church, but they wisely let
> the men think men rule it...
>
> Just sayin'

Not very wise if the believe in the BS.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.